Sigerson Cup 2024

Started by mad tan, January 08, 2024, 08:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derryman forever

Quote from: square_ball on February 09, 2024, 03:33:32 PMYou'd need to watch it again. It was 10 steps before he kicked it into the net.

watched it again 6 steps from the bounce to kick.

square_ball

Quote from: Derryman forever on February 09, 2024, 04:36:09 PM
Quote from: square_ball on February 09, 2024, 03:33:32 PMYou'd need to watch it again. It was 10 steps before he kicked it into the net.

Ok.

On a separate issue I think you should book an appointment here in the next wee while

https://www.specsavers.co.uk/

Nanderson

You could probably take another look at it just to be sure. But its at least 7. Youtube lets you adjust playback speed so its easy to count them

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Nanderson on February 09, 2024, 06:21:04 PM

You could probably take another look at it just to be sure. But its at least 7. Youtube lets you adjust playback speed so its easy to count them

If only referees had that instant slow mo replay to count the steps  ;D

Boys arguing over how many steps while watching replays and complaining about refs being useless  ;D

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Derryman forever

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 09, 2024, 07:12:41 PM
Quote from: Nanderson on February 09, 2024, 06:21:04 PM

If only referees had that instant slow mo replay to count the steps  ;D

Boys arguing over how many steps while watching replays and complaining about refs being useless  ;D

I was thinking that myself.
In real time counting i make 6 steps. And in my opinion i suspect few referees count steps .

Milltown Row2

I count but it's unfair on us short arses whose 4 steps doest get us to the same place as a 6"4 lad!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Duine Inteacht Eile

Definitely takes too many steps. Free out.

Wildweasel74

He was fouled early on in that play, I say Ref was playing advantage.

DuffleKing

How can there be such a poor understanding of the advantage rule at this stage.

If the fouled player commits an offence within the time limit of the advantage then original foul is immediately enforced. People seem to think "advantage" is some sort of licence to kill - you still have to play within the rules of the game. I counted 10 steps and irrespective of whether you thought it was 9 or 8 it was an obvious over carry at first glance.

Armagh18

Quote from: DuffleKing on February 10, 2024, 07:41:00 AMHow can there be such a poor understanding of the advantage rule at this stage.

If the fouled player commits an offence within the time limit of the advantage then original foul is immediately enforced. People seem to think "advantage" is some sort of licence to kill - you still have to play within the rules of the game. I counted 10 steps and irrespective of whether you thought it was 9 or 8 it was an obvious over carry at first glance.
Most refs will normally use common sense and if possible allow the player an extra few steps if he can get away from a foul. Much better imo. 

Duine Inteacht Eile

Quote from: DuffleKing on February 10, 2024, 07:41:00 AMHow can there be such a poor understanding of the advantage rule at this stage.

That's not my understanding of the rule.
I believe the advantage and original free are cancelled and a free is given for the second foul. A free out in this case.

DuffleKing

If the ball carrier is fouled a second time within the time of the advantage the ref gives that foul.
If the ball carrier commits an offence (over carry) within the time of the advantage the ref gives the original foul.
Not much point in the advantage otherwise.

Duine Inteacht Eile

Quote from: DuffleKing on February 10, 2024, 07:54:23 AMIf the ball carrier is fouled a second time within the time of the advantage the ref gives that foul.
If the ball carrier commits an offence (over carry) within the time of the advantage the ref gives the original foul.
Must have changed.

https://learning.gaa.ie/Referee/Advantage

Armagh18

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on February 10, 2024, 08:01:40 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on February 10, 2024, 07:54:23 AMIf the ball carrier is fouled a second time within the time of the advantage the ref gives that foul.
Must have changed.

https://learning.gaa.ie/Referee/Advantage
Thats plain stupid.

Nanderson

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on February 10, 2024, 07:47:15 AM

That's not my understanding of the rule.
I believe the advantage and original free are cancelled and a free is given for the second foul. A free out in this case.
You are correct