Flags & Culture.....

Started by front of the mountain, July 01, 2011, 10:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: Orior on July 04, 2011, 11:08:24 AM
I went for a cycle yesterday through Ballyclare, Doagh and Parkgate. Nice part of the country but spolied by the red white and blue regalia (not to mention the UDA and UVF flags)

Good to see that the PSNI read GAA Board. I was doing the same ride again this morning, and rode past a burnt out car and the roads covered in rubble and bricks. The strange thing is that this was in a seemingly well to do area.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-14096799

Needless to say, I stopped and asked a photographer if the locals had rioted because Limerick hurlers beat Antrim yesterday. Unfortunately, (or fortunately) the photographer didnt get the joke.

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

lawnseed

heard them on talkback mentioning some survey about flags 81% of both prods and taigs dont want flags of any kind anywhere.. progress at last
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Tony Baloney

Quote from: lawnseed on July 10, 2011, 09:51:55 PM
heard them on talkback mentioning some survey about flags 81% of both prods and taigs dont want flags of any kind anywhere.. progress at last
The other 19% don't give a f**k.

ziggysego

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 10, 2011, 09:53:55 PM

19%?
Testing Accessibility

Orior

Quote from: ziggysego on July 11, 2011, 12:21:11 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 10, 2011, 09:53:55 PM

19%?

Simple arithmetic....

-----

JUst retired

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on July 11, 2011, 09:07:27 AM
The peelers have now apologised.

::)
For doing their job for once? Nice.

"We will not give in to the threat of violence etc."

Doogie Browser

It was disgusting watching that horrible cnut McCrea on the news last night saying that the cops were very sorry, yet another marching season and yet another year of orangemen trying to assert their authority over their catholic 'neighbours'

Rois

There's a few nice UVF flags hanging off lamposts on the Shore Road and one flying from a house down near Asda too. 

I thought these were being taken down by the PSNI? 

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Rois on July 11, 2011, 02:31:13 PM
There's a few nice UVF flags hanging off lamposts on the Shore Road and one flying from a house down near Asda too. 

Rois don't venture anyway near New Mossley, about a dozen different flags from terrorist to butchers apron to israeli to skull and crossbones on the one roundabout (total about 40-45 flags)!
Tbc....

Rois

Got lost out there two weeks ago trying to find a shortcut to Greenacres driving range nr Ballyclare - might just avoid that part of the world for a day or two.

Banana Man

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 11, 2011, 02:58:14 PM
Quote from: Rois on July 11, 2011, 02:31:13 PM

Rois don't venture anyway near New Mossley, about a dozen different flags from terrorist to butchers apron to israeli to skull and crossbones on the one roundabout (total about 40-45 flags)!

Did i miss something or was capt jack sparrow a die hard loyalist from the docks???

Orior

Quote from: Rois on July 11, 2011, 03:06:26 PM
Got lost out there two weeks ago trying to find a shortcut to Greenacres driving range nr Ballyclare - might just avoid that part of the world for a day or two.

Is Greenacres driving range better than Ballyearl? Greenacres was on my cycle route too.

LeoMc

Quote from: Doogie Browser on July 11, 2011, 10:39:11 AM
It was disgusting watching that horrible cnut McCrea on the news last night saying that the cops were very sorry, yet another marching season and yet another year of orangemen trying to assert their authority over their catholic 'neighbours'

I concur.
At least Sammy had the decency to condemn the violence.