Flags & Culture.....

Started by front of the mountain, July 01, 2011, 10:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: OgraAnDun on June 02, 2016, 10:42:46 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 02, 2016, 10:39:48 PM
Quote from: Feckitt on June 02, 2016, 09:04:45 PM
Union Jack flying high above Newry court house today.  Is there any call for this really?
If Newry is 90%  nationalist why doesn't some of ye remove the fcukn thing?

Have you ever seen the courthouse?
Not in recent years ;) Still a fortress I take it.
How about someone  on the inside doing a job on the flagpole....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Rossfan on June 02, 2016, 10:52:24 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on June 02, 2016, 10:42:46 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 02, 2016, 10:39:48 PM
Union Jack flying high above Newry court house today.  Is there any call for this really?
If Newry is 90%  nationalist why doesn't some of ye remove the fcukn thing?

Have you ever seen the courthouse?
Not in recent years ;) Still a fortress I take it.
How about someone  on the inside doing a job on the flagpole....

I think the last car bomb left there barely took the gates off the hinges - if it even did that!

We'd need a sneaky westerner that nobody would suspect, considering 2km down the road is a different country, a Roscommon man would have no motive to be at that sort of craic  ::)

Rossfan

I'm sure someone could fix it boss.......
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AQMP on June 03, 2016, 03:10:51 PM
Quote from: hardstation on June 03, 2016, 03:06:43 PM
Quote from: AQMP on June 03, 2016, 03:05:43 PM

Yesterday was Coronation Day one of the designated days for the flying of the Onion Jack from public buildings.
Are those the days Coronation St is on the TV?

Almost...June is a bumper month:

2 June   Coronation Day
10 June   Birthday of the Duke of Edinburgh
11 June   Official celebration of Her Majesty's birthday
21 June   Birthday of the Duke of Cambridge
He hasn't many left. Will they still celebrate it when he's gone?

OgraAnDun

Sure will there not just be a new Duke of Edinburgh?

armaghniac

Quote from: OgraAnDun on June 03, 2016, 06:17:54 PM

QEII probably won't marry again and her offspring's missus might not get such a title.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on June 03, 2016, 07:20:16 PM
What happens the awards?

Victoria Cross is still the Victoria Cross
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

OgraAnDun

Quote from: armaghniac on June 03, 2016, 07:10:25 PM

QEII probably won't marry again and her offspring's missus might not get such a title.

Oh that's what the title was for. I thought it was random, like the two younger ones getting Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Beffs

Think I read somewhere that when he pops his clogs, his title is gonna pass to Edward, so that all of Lizzie's sons will be royal dukes, apart from Charlie obvs.

lurganblue

We are reaching peak levels of fleg awareness now folks.  Britain's got talent posters removed by Belfast City Council as they contain a Union Jack.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/britains-got-talent-posters-removed-by-belfast-council-after-union-flag-complaints-from-staff-37542208.html

Applesisapples

Flegism running riot, Bryson on the Nolan show debating this as Brexit wreaks chaos. Council should though pick and choose where to display these, that said people have little to be annoyed at.

ziggysego

Couldn't give one flying woo-ha if a BGT poster is in City Hall or not, it's a nonsense debate. Caught a little of Bryson this morning, milking it for all it is worth and how it's the last days of Ulster.... I mean ffs, catch a grip.
Testing Accessibility

BennyCake

Funny why this was removed yet councils every year pay to have bunting for the twelfth, and union flags flies all year round in town centres, and not a word about it.

Applesisapples

Quote from: BennyCake on November 19, 2018, 10:25:05 AM
Funny why this was removed yet councils every year pay to have bunting for the twelfth, and union flags flies all year round in town centres, and not a word about it.
They don't actually that was outlawed some time ago.

TabClear

Quote from: ziggysego on November 19, 2018, 10:16:44 AM
Couldn't give one flying woo-ha if a BGT poster is in City Hall or not, it's a nonsense debate. Caught a little of Bryson this morning, milking it for all it is worth and how it's the last days of Ulster.... I mean ffs, catch a grip.

Too right, the clue is in the programme name, its hardly a big deal. Unfortunately it gives that bollox airtime to feel outraged