Flags & Culture.....

Started by front of the mountain, July 01, 2011, 10:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

Quote from: deiseach on December 04, 2013, 10:42:15 AM
Recently had my first taste of the Prod Taytos. Give me the Fenian ones any day.

No way - the Brit Taytos for me.  The yellow bag helps with the cheesy flavour.

AQMP

Quote from: Rois on December 04, 2013, 11:14:08 AM
Recently had my first taste of the Prod Taytos. Give me the Fenian ones any day.

Why don't we combine both and make a bland, flavourless crisp that no one likes - R Haass

CD

Quote from: AQMP on December 04, 2013, 02:51:49 PM
Quote from: Rois on December 04, 2013, 11:14:08 AM

Why don't we combine both and make a bland, flavourless crisp that no one likes - R Haass

Touche
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

BennyCake

I see big George Michael is going to make a few bob from royalties this Christmas. There's a song released about the fleg protests called 'Last December' to the tune of Wham's Last Christmas. Feck me, you really couldn't make this shit up. Long may they continue making tools out of themselves.

ziggysego

Quote from: BennyCake on December 04, 2013, 06:09:13 PM
I see big George Michael is going to make a few bob from royalties this Christmas. There's a song released about the fleg protests called 'Last December' to the tune of Wham's Last Christmas. Feck me, you really couldn't make this shit up. Long may they continue making tools out of themselves.

It's LAD that's doing it, not the fleg protesters. Money's going to charity.
Testing Accessibility

BennyCake

Quote from: ziggysego on December 04, 2013, 10:47:14 PM

And LAD aren't connected to the fleg protest? What's the charity?... Keeping those in Camp Twaddle in soup and sandwiches during the winter?

ziggysego

Quote from: BennyCake on December 04, 2013, 11:03:09 PM

And LAD aren't connected to the fleg protest? What's the charity?... Keeping those in Camp Twaddle in soup and sandwiches during the winter?

LAD are parodying them.
Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

The charity is SOS Bus NI. LAD rip the shit out of the fleggers at every available opportunity.

michaelg

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 04, 2013, 11:33:55 PM

The charity is SOS Bus NI. LAD rip the shit out of the fleggers at every available opportunity.
Don't get me wrong, fleg protesters are complete arseholes.  However, anyone else find the LAD thing a bit tiresome?

ziggysego

Quote from: michaelg on December 04, 2013, 11:42:24 PM

Don't get me wrong, fleg protesters are complete arseholes.  However, anyone else find the LAD thing a bit tiresome?

No. As well as the comedy, they do expose a lot of stuff.
Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

I could see how that could happen but fleggers provide fresh material on a daily basis.

michaelg

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 05, 2013, 12:01:19 AM

I could see how that could happen but fleggers provide fresh material on a daily basis.
Fair enough, but it is the same joke adnauseum.  In my opinion there is a bit of a class element involved - Lets all laugh at the people who don't talk properly / speak with a broad Belfast accent. 

LeoMc

Did you think it was genuine?

Applesisapples

Quote from: michaelg on December 05, 2013, 08:42:10 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 05, 2013, 12:01:19 AM

Fair enough, but it is the same joke adnauseum.  In my opinion there is a bit of a class element involved - Lets all laugh at the people who don't talk properly / speak with a broad Belfast accent.
Whats wrong with that? Sure they are there to be laughed at! Is Fleggers a new word in the English language? What would it be in Irish and Ulster Scots?

Rossfan

Quote from: Applesisapples on December 05, 2013, 09:27:25 AM
Is Fleggers a new word in the English language? What would it be in Irish and Ulster Scots?
Bratadóiri
Modmen with bots o coloured clath???
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM