Flags & Culture.....

Started by front of the mountain, July 01, 2011, 10:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I liked his word 'sperhaps'. It's a northern word.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on July 15, 2012, 01:29:30 AM
I liked his word 'sperhaps'. It's a northern word.

Ulster-Scot maybe.
Testing Accessibility

thejuice

That's very curious. So they had stopped to 'entertain' the crowds. I didn't see much of an audience other than the man with a camera. And they attacked him. Why doesn't nelson mention that?

Doesn't the fact that they tried to stop him filming suggest a feeling of guilt on behalf of the loyalists. They got caught doing something they shouldn't. Or perhaps as nelson might suggest they were worried they'd have have to pay royalties to the beach boys. The poor bands are cash strapped as it is.

Or maybe there was a wasp on the camera man's shoulder and he wouldn't hold still while they tried to kill it with a big stick. Any other ludicrous explanations Nelson.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

Some new tunes for these bands to learn to play.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=QTTx0GbF4RQ

http://m.youtube.com/#/results?q=neighbours%20theme%20tune&search_type=&uploaded=

But of course whats use is marching and being in a band if it didn't piss someone off.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Maguire01

Good old Nelson - the voice of reason in a mad, mad world.

Applesisapples

Nelson hasn't changed, he was always a bigot apologising and excusing loyalist's behavior whilst ranting on about Sinn Fein/IRA. He is part of the old gaurd in the DUP which Peter hasn't quite got the balls to ditch. His Take on housing and the housing executive should make SF worry. As for this band even if they could not avoid but stop where they did they could not have been unaware of what they were playing. Bullshit McCausland.

Maguire01

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 15, 2012, 12:18:42 PM
His Take on housing and the housing executive should make SF worry.
Given the Girdwood situation, i'm not sure they'd be that bothered.

orangeman

Nelson hasn't changed, he was always a bigot apologising and excusing loyalist's behavior whilst ranting on about Sinn Fein/IRA. He is part of the old gaurd in the DUP which Peter hasn't quite got the balls to ditch. His Take on housing and the housing executive should make SF worry. As for this band even if they could not avoid but stop where they did they could not have been unaware of what they were playing. Bullshit McCausland.

Peter needs boys like Nelson. They're very important to the party.

Maguire01

He is part of the old gaurd in the DUP which Peter hasn't quite got the balls to ditch.
Unfortunately he's a vote winner in North Belfast, and that's what talks.

Orior

Quote from: Agent Orange on July 13, 2012, 02:05:00 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on July 13, 2012, 11:33:46 AM
Quote from: barelegs on July 13, 2012, 01:48:13 AM
I hope this video is accessible.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150909650115756

This fella is videoing a loyalist band stopping to play songs outside a Catholic Church before he's attacked by supporters of the band.

There's more culture in a yoghurt than most of these clowns

Would love to see this make the main stream news but won't hold my breath.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-18829447

This is not news. They've been doing the same thing outside St Matthews on the bottom of the Newtownards Road every year. I'd like to hear someone deny that.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Dougal Maguire

This was posted on Nolan site after Jackie McDonald suggested that the Orange abandon the return parades. Gives an indication as the the intelligence level we're dealing with here:

Have ya ever heard such crap from this balloon who profess's to be a loyalist . Makes me almost ashamed to associatte him with loyalism !!! It may have escaped his attention but to come out with such retric in regards to a one way parade would have his fore fathers revolving in their graves , cant he see that to move in that direction would be yet another notch for the handful of so called nationalist groups who GO OUT OF THEIR WAY 15 minutes a year to be offended !!! ... Perhaps Jackie Mc Duh should stick to the hotel business instead of comming out with such tripe !!!
Blackneck 10 days ago
Careful now

Dougal Maguire

He only joined the DUP in 2001
Careful now

Nally Stand

I see the BBC and the alliance party etc are taking issue with bonfires after spotting TWO bonfires with Polish flags on them. They rightly said it is incitement to hatred/sectarian/racist. No mention from them about the hundreds of Irish flags on just about every bonfire though. That must be an acceptable form of cultural expression.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Maguire01

Quote from: Nally Stand on July 19, 2012, 09:49:24 PM
I see the BBC and the alliance party etc are taking issue with bonfires after spotting TWO bonfires with Polish flags on them. They rightly said it is incitement to hatred/sectarian/racist. No mention from them about the hundreds of Irish flags on just about every bonfire though. That must be an acceptable form of cultural expression.
The same thought occurred to me - Robinson condemning Polish flags on bonfires, but no mention of Irish tricolours.

93-DY-SAM

How can the OO seriously expect to be welcomed in the streets of Dublin when not one single member can stand up and say that it's wrong to burn another countries flag on a bonfire esp. the flag of the very country they want to organise a march through it's capital.