County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Rossfan on October 04, 2021, 10:55:53 AM
Rumours of a Laythrum announcement this evening.
That's some line up for Kildare.....but good players don't always make good managers..

Glenn is a good manager - Leinster u21, Division 3 and 4 with Longord. Intermediate with Towers and has kept them senior with a poor crop of players, maximised their talent.
Rainbow won a Dublin SFC and a Leinster SFC with Ballyboden.
Johnny Doyle is making great strides revamping Maynooth's Sigerson credentials.
Brian Lacey is a top class performance analyst and was in the Tipp background team when they got to an AISF.

Exciting times for Kildare! Makes a change.
#newbridgeornowhere

Captain Scarlet

Exciting is right and I really hope they do the job. And being honest I hope Jacko crashes and burns in Kerry.
Like he must have been making moves for months all the while telling Kildare he was on board. And he would have jumped if Keane got the boot last year. It's great to have a Kildare man in charge who genuinely gives a shite and is around the county.

I really felt there was no positive presence from Kildare footballers during the pandemic (I do know the lads did a lot with their clubs) compared to Herity getting the hurlers out to do charity runs and so on.
I know that is an aside from the football but a real presence in the county is massive.

It will be a tough year all the same as I do see Kildare struggling in Division 1 but if we can perform to a decent standard and get some consistency it'll be a start.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Shamrock Shore

Delighted for Glen. Everyone in Longford GAA has only good things to say about him.

Now, if he can stop Kildare peaking for the O'Byrne Cup then that's half the battle won!

Wish him all the bet, within reason.....

Qwerty28

Any word on the Longford vacancy Shamrock?

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: Qwerty28 on October 04, 2021, 01:37:04 PM
Any word on the Longford vacancy Shamrock?

Hearing nothing Qwerty28.....lips are very tight. Which may mean that there is no credible candidate in the frame.

seafoid

It looks like a Kildare brains trust. Johnny Doyle is a super analyst.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

rodney trotter

Glen Ryan seemed an obvious choice for a while ,for kildare.,  Jason Ryan ,Cian O Neill , Jack cute hoor O Connor have managed Kildare since McGeeney,but Ryan and his backroom team looks the best fit.

A lot of bluster with the other managers

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Blowitupref on October 06, 2021, 04:13:33 PM
Joyce remains in charge of the Galway footballers it seems.

https://www.tuamherald.ie/2021/10/06/joyce-expected-to-continue-for-third-year/

I have zero optimism for 2022 at the moment, we're a shambles from county board down.

Captain Scarlet

McEntee wasn't expected was it? Obviously delighted to see Meath in turmoil and I am agin Jacko at Kerry too now, so I am happy to see gripes and the likes in both place.

But who is lined up for Meath?

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rossfan on October 07, 2021, 12:32:29 PM
Ros Andy get his neighbouring County Job

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2021/1007/1252272-andy-moran-confirmed-as-new-leitrim-football-manager/

Assisted in his role by fellow Ballaghadereen man, Mike Solan as Assistant Manager, both are currently joint managers with Ballaghaderreen..

Former Leitrim players Barry McWeeney and James Glancy the Selectors. Those lads won the Sigerson Cup with Moran back in 2005 with Sligo It.

yellowcard

Jack O'Connor getting Paddy Tally in to coach the Kerry senior football team is akin to Ronald Koeman asking Sam Allardyce in to assist with coaching Barcelona. His approach is stats based risk averse football (often playing double sweepers) which is hardly synonomous with Kerry, so it is a fair gauge as to what direction Jack O'Connor wants to take them. Must be up there with the longest commutes in intercounty GAA history. Kerry now have 3 intercounty managers as part of their management set up for next season with last seasons Kildare, Down and Laois managers all coming together so it will be interesting to see the dynamic of who is responsible for what. 

Andy Moran was the ultimate thinking footballer who made the most of his talents by using his football brain so it will be interesting to see if he can translate that into management which is a completely different game.

Captain Scarlet

I get more bothered by Jack O'Connor leaving Kildare after agreeing to stay on the more it goes on and I really hope it all goes to shite. The nice view is to thank the man and all that, but he got his coin.

Suddenly, after two years he realises Kerry and Kildare are very far from each other the commute is a big issue...going on the podcast as Kildare manager sounding out the Kerry job on August 30th...his sons moved on back to Kerry so that link was gone too.

He would have left Kildare if Keane got the boot last year too. (I'm gone very bitter in this mild weather!!)