County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Murphy_74

Subject to approval from the Hatch.

In light of the tardiness of Dublin County Board to appoint hurling manager, the Roscommon County Board will appoint Anthony Cunningham as manager.

This can been seen as a small recompense to Brigids after Paddy Neilan giving Clann the County Final.

Frankie Dolan and Cake will join as selectors. Kevin can steer in the background without listening to supporters' crap.

In the event of a general election, cake will stand aside to join Eugene Murphy on Fianna Fáil ticket.

The Hatch will nominate a replacement selector if required.

/Jim.

Rossfan

What about our system of appointing managers?
We must be a right laughing stock in the other 31 Counties! !
We'll just have to bite the bullet and appoint Syfīn with Orchard as his number 2.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: iorras on October 24, 2018, 09:19:16 AM
I think the Super 8s is going to prove toxic as time goes on for teams like Roscommon, outside the top 4 without realistic chances of a final.
In the "old" format, if they lost a provincial final, beat Armagh in the back door and then say lost by 4 or 5 points in a quarter final it would have been considered a decent season with something to build for next year.
With the new format the last memory is of three high profile games lost, the next season then seems very difficult. I think that is the potential negative to the super 8s, teams who didnt have the quality would be one game and out in the quarters, now they have to endure three which makes them feel they are miles off.
I hope they bin this after the three years and go back to the old system. The problem with the championship is not at the top, its at the bottom.

The problem is very much at the top. One team has warped all perspective in this sport.

weareros

Quote from: Rossfan on October 24, 2018, 09:38:40 AM
We'll just have to bite the bullet and appoint Syfīn with Orchard as his number 2.

Our selection committee is top heavy with officials. It's got the chairman, the secretary and the treasurer and two ex county players. Only Niall Carty gives me any confidence in that team as a young player who understands the modern game and panel. Also not good optics that a family member of one of the commitee is tweeting blaming all and sundry. They all need to lay off social media and stop feeding the two local journalists.

highorlow

Poor Ross

QuoteHow does a man resign two days after his management team for next season was announced? Surely that's an incredible statement on the lack of faith he has in Forde et al?

Or is this yet more primmadonna stuff from players who are most definitely past their best?

Now back to minding your own business goola
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Syferus

Quote from: highorlow on October 24, 2018, 12:13:34 PM
Poor Ross

QuoteHow does a man resign two days after his management team for next season was announced? Surely that's an incredible statement on the lack of faith he has in Forde et al?

Or is this yet more primmadonna stuff from players who are most definitely past their best?

Now back to minding your own business goola

O'Rourke never had the job to begin with.

Don't let little things like facts get in the way of embarassing yourself, though.

Rossfan

Quote from: weareros on October 24, 2018, 11:40:04 AM

y. They all need to lay off social media and stop feeding the two local journalists.
+1.
It's some farce alright and certainly not helped by Duke and Cooney gushing forth every snippet on Twitter.
Whatever was going on the last few days we're now left as a toxic outfit whom no one in their right minds would go near.
We're now left with any local man who hasn't already been told to keep away from the job......Tully, Staunton or godhelpus altogether Cakeen :-[

Oldira

For those complaining about Duke and Cooney..Its a poor journalist that writes as a fan rather than an impartial observer.  Its not a journalists job to act as cheerleader for the county board or whoever. Their job is to ferret out facts and publish them. Ecpecting a journalist to say nothing 'for the good of the county' would make them very poor journalists.

I would be giving Tommy Conroy a shout. I am sure he wants to manage the county team eventually but this would give him a chance to cut his teeth. Seems to be a good man manager dealing with lads like Connolly etc

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rossfan on October 24, 2018, 12:44:50 PM

y. They all need to lay off social media and stop feeding the two local journalists.
+1.
It's some farce alright and certainly not helped by Duke and Cooney gushing forth every snippet on Twitter.
Whatever was going on the last few days we're now left as a toxic outfit whom no one in their right minds would go near.
We're now left with any local man who hasn't already been told to keep away from the job......Tully, Staunton or godhelpus altogether Cakeen :-[

I know the above post was tongue in cheek but if available Anthony Cunningham would be a decent appointment with a decent CV. Does he still live in Roscommon? he would have a fair idea on the quality of players to choose from.

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on October 24, 2018, 12:44:50 PM

+1.

I see you're from the Donald Trump school of only reporting the news when it's favourable.

Figures.

weareros

Quote from: moysider on October 24, 2018, 12:21:09 AM
Quote from: weareros on October 24, 2018, 12:08:20 AM
If those screenshots on stolensheep that showed McGurn soliciting a S&C coach to oversee all S&C duties of a top 8 GAA team next year were legit (no longer visible on LinkedIn), then we caught a lucky break. Seanie Mac was right, the county board need to wake up.

What was that?

Apologies for late reply. Someone got a screengrab on LinkedIn before it was deleted where our target S&C man wrote: "If any certified Strength and Conditioning coach would be interested in working with a Senior Inter County Top 8 GAA team next season can you get in touch. The role would involve overseeing all S+C for mens Senior team only."

So looks like our county board were prepared to probably pay big money for a sub-contracted S&C coach sourced over the internet. I mean could you make that stuff up? And they are still lamenting that we lost this guy.

moysider

Quote from: weareros on October 24, 2018, 01:20:42 PM
Quote from: moysider on October 24, 2018, 12:21:09 AM
Quote from: weareros on October 24, 2018, 12:08:20 AM
If those screenshots on stolensheep that showed McGurn soliciting a S&C coach to oversee all S&C duties of a top 8 GAA team next year were legit (no longer visible on LinkedIn), then we caught a lucky break. Seanie Mac was right, the county board need to wake up.

What was that?

Apologies for late reply. Someone got a screengrab on LinkedIn before it was deleted where our target S&C man wrote: "If any certified Strength and Conditioning coach would be interested in working with a Senior Inter County Top 8 GAA team next season can you get in touch. The role would involve overseeing all S+C for mens Senior team only."

So looks like our county board were prepared to probably pay big money for a sub-contracted S&C coach sourced over the internet. I mean could you make that stuff up? And they are still lamenting that we lost this guy.

Sharp intake of breath!!

Orchard park

Quote from: Oldira on October 24, 2018, 12:59:37 PM
For those complaining about Duke and Cooney..Its a poor journalist that writes as a fan rather than an impartial observer.  Its not a journalists job to act as cheerleader for the county board or whoever. Their job is to ferret out facts and publish them. Ecpecting a journalist to say nothing 'for the good of the county' would make them very poor journalists.

I would be giving Tommy Conroy a shout. I am sure he wants to manage the county team eventually but this would give him a chance to cut his teeth. Seems to be a good man manager dealing with lads like Connolly etc

No idea if interested  but achieved much more than his higher profile replacement has with Vincents

Rossfan

I see Duke in the Hatch News is referring to player unhappiness with  O'Rourke as the main reason for him pulling out.
Is that fact or planred CB spin via Hatch crew?
If only moneyman/CB hadn't pissed off Nigel...... :-\

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rossfan on October 25, 2018, 09:52:15 AM
I see Duke in the Hatch News is referring to player unhappiness with  O'Rourke as the main reason for him pulling out.
Is that fact or planred CB spin via Hatch crew?
If only moneyman/CB hadn't pissed off Nigel...... :-\

Looks like spin as O'Rourke by the looks of it was struggling to put a backroom team together.