Started by An Gaeilgoir, March 30, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 04, 2019, 09:47:27 PM
Quote from: Franko on November 04, 2019, 08:15:53 PM
Quote from: trileacman on November 04, 2019, 07:01:15 PM
Quote from: Franko on November 04, 2019, 06:01:49 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on November 03, 2019, 08:59:38 PM
You have a theory. Your entitled to that. Indeed you may even be right about it. But there's no facts to back up what you are very  clearly alluding to. That's what you struggle with.

Sorry SS.  Have to call you on this one.  There are no facts to prove what he is alluding to but there are plenty of facts back it up.

I started out (and may indeed have posted in this thread) as a defender of SQ.  I've done a complete 180 here in the past few months/years and I'd say there's plenty more like me.

He thinks he has an automatic right to re-take ownership of a business he lost through reckless gambling.  He doesn't.

He spat the dummy and walked away when basically presented with an unbelievably generous gift of £1m per year.  This beggars belief.  I'd be fairly sure this money would have come even if he never put his nose in the gate of one of those premises in his life again.

The business would seem to be in safe hands and local employment is being maintained.

SQ needs to suck it up and step away.  He built a great business but got too big for his boots, started dabbling in stuff he hadn't a clue about and got burned.

What are the facts to back it up?

One of the facts is that Kevin Lunny's nose was broken by a disgruntled family member of a Quinn employee who was dismissed by Kevin a week earlier. To suggest Sean Quinn was the 'mastermind' behind that attack is ludicrous. Another fact is that Lunny's bid to buy the businesses was only successful after other businessmen had been intimidated out of buying it.

It's as plausible to suggest that Lunny was responsible for other businesses being intimidated initially as it is to suggest that Sean Quinn is now responsible for the current campaign.  Now I don't believe Kevin Lunny or Quinn were involved directly in the campaign but both for a time didn't do much to publicly object to it.

1. The fact that SQ has made no secret of the fact that he wants/expects to regain control of the business.

2. The fact that one of the main company executives was kidnapped and beaten.

3. The fact that SQ would likely stand to benefit if these executives were to relinquish control of the business.

... I could go on for a LOT longer.

Like I say. None of these facts proves anything. But they all support the theory.
But these attacks were always going to throw light on SQ. And as a result make him uninvestable. Some may dispute it but SQ isn't stupid, anyone would have seen how this would play out. And it certainly wasn't in SQ's favour.

A sustained and relentless campaign of violence and intimidation against QIH directors without any cessation until SQ is back in control of his former business empire does not play out in favour of SQ?

Is that not the exact opposite behind the intention of the attacks, you make the big mistake of believing SQ.

SQ reckoned he was stupid and the banks duped him when he gambled all his money away on Anglo Irish shares, he did so to try and wrangle his way out of his debt. Now he's telling us he's not stupid........
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

trailer

I'd imagine SQ didn't get into the position he was in without greasing a few palms along the way.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Angelo on November 05, 2019, 12:13:20 AM
You have a theory. Your entitled to that. Indeed you may even be right about it. But there's no facts to back up what you are very  clearly alluding to. That's what you struggle with.

Sorry SS.  Have to call you on this one.  There are no facts to prove what he is alluding to but there are plenty of facts back it up.

I started out (and may indeed have posted in this thread) as a defender of SQ.  I've done a complete 180 here in the past few months/years and I'd say there's plenty more like me.

He thinks he has an automatic right to re-take ownership of a business he lost through reckless gambling.  He doesn't.

He spat the dummy and walked away when basically presented with an unbelievably generous gift of £1m per year.  This beggars belief.  I'd be fairly sure this money would have come even if he never put his nose in the gate of one of those premises in his life again.

The business would seem to be in safe hands and local employment is being maintained.

SQ needs to suck it up and step away.  He built a great business but got too big for his boots, started dabbling in stuff he hadn't a clue about and got burned.

One of the facts is that Kevin Lunny's nose was broken by a disgruntled family member of a Quinn employee who was dismissed by Kevin a week earlier. To suggest Sean Quinn was the 'mastermind' behind that attack is ludicrous. Another fact is that Lunny's bid to buy the businesses was only successful after other businessmen had been intimidated out of buying it.

It's as plausible to suggest that Lunny was responsible for other businesses being intimidated initially as it is to suggest that Sean Quinn is now responsible for the current campaign.  Now I don't believe Kevin Lunny or Quinn were involved directly in the campaign but both for a time didn't do much to publicly object to it.

1. The fact that SQ has made no secret of the fact that he wants/expects to regain control of the business.

3. The fact that SQ would likely stand to benefit if these executives were to relinquish control of the business.

Like I say. None of these facts proves anything. But they all support the theory.
But these attacks were always going to throw light on SQ. And as a result make him uninvestable. Some may dispute it but SQ isn't stupid, anyone would have seen how this would play out. And it certainly wasn't in SQ's favour.

A sustained and relentless campaign of violence and intimidation against QIH directors without any cessation until SQ is back in control of his former business empire does not play out in favour of SQ?

Is that not the exact opposite behind the intention of the attacks, you make the big mistake of believing SQ.

SQ reckoned he was stupid and the banks duped him when he gambled all his money away on Anglo Irish shares, he did so to try and wrangle his way out of his debt. Now he's telling us he's not stupid........
Explain how the Kevin lunney attack has helped SQ regain any control/ ownership in QIH? It hasn't and it was never going to. If you can't accept that, as I mentioned earlier fine. I'll politely disagree. The attack is being linked to SQ either directly or done in his name.  SQ doesn't have the money to buy back the group, He would have had to look for financial backing from investors to do so. Do you think any investor would touch him now? The attack was totally counterproductive to what SQ wanted to do. 

Angelo

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 05, 2019, 09:15:32 AM

Explain how the Kevin lunney attack has helped SQ regain any control/ ownership in QIH? It hasn't and it was never going to. If you can't accept that, as I mentioned earlier fine. I'll politely disagree. The attack is being linked to SQ either directly or done in his name.  SQ doesn't have the money to buy back the group, He would have had to look for financial backing from investors to do so. Do you think any investor would touch him now? The attack was totally counterproductive to what SQ wanted to do.

The campaign has not succeeded so far as the QIH directors have been steadfast in not letting themselves be intimidated but it is explicitly stated by those carrying out the attacks that they want SQ back in control so the motive of this campaign is for the benefit of the Quinn family, unequivocally.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Angelo on November 05, 2019, 12:01:36 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on November 05, 2019, 09:15:32 AM

The campaign has not succeeded so far as the QIH directors have been steadfast in not letting themselves be intimidated but it is explicitly stated by those carrying out the attacks that they want SQ back in control so the motive of this campaign is for the benefit of the Quinn family, unequivocally.

I have no doubt that you are right. That the attacks are being done in his name (I do believe there's a personal element regarding the Lunneys as well). But I don't believe that he was the ring leader/ paymaster organising the attacks. The attacks were just counter productive to what he wanted to achieve. There is no argument against that. Even if the Directors wanted to sell QIH which investors would take their life in their own hands to invest in SQ now? It just doesn't make sense.

Angelo

I wouldn't say they were counter productive, they have just been unsuccessful in their intentions. Quinn would be no longer closer to regaining control without them as he has been as they've been carried out.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Angelo on November 05, 2019, 12:25:25 PM
I wouldn't say they were counter productive, they have just been unsuccessful in their intentions. Quinn would be no longer closer to regaining control without them as he has been as they've been carried out.

SQ has stated that he is no longer looking to pursue any interest in the group as a result of the attack to make it clear that he wants no hand in the attacks. That wouldn't have been a decision that SQ would have made easily. So if the idea of the attacks was getting the group back under control then I would say it's counterproductive to why you believe the attacks were carried out. 

Angelo

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 05, 2019, 12:31:35 PM

SQ has stated that he is no longer looking to pursue any interest in the group as a result of the attack to make it clear that he wants no hand in the attacks. That wouldn't have been a decision that SQ would have made easily. So if the idea of the attacks was getting the group back under control then I would say it's counterproductive to why you believe the attacks were carried out. 

I don't believe him when he states that.

supersarsfields

Quote from: Angelo on November 05, 2019, 01:33:00 PM

I don't believe him when he states that.

Fair enough.   

Baile Brigín 2

Do you believe that?

supersarsfields

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 05, 2019, 03:47:52 PM

Do you believe that?
Yes.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 05, 2019, 04:03:08 PM

Do you believe that?
Yes.
Good for you. Can you see why others don't?

supersarsfields

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 05, 2019, 06:06:50 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on November 05, 2019, 04:03:08 PM

Do you believe that?
Yes.
Good for you. Can you see why others don't?
Yes

Franko

Shocking stuff in this show.

4 things.

This was not about protection money.  Our resident peddlers of that myth can shut up anytime.  The attackers repeatedly asked him to resign his position and (I can't really believe what I'm about to type...) carved the letters QIH into his chest with a stanley knife.

It's unlikely that SQ will ever make any inroads into the business again... and rightly so.

If he did, I wouldn't buy as much as a brick from that company. (Not that he'd care much I'm sure, but fcuk him)

There are those in the local community who know the score here but are keeping their mouths shut.