Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

G Connaughton;
M McCallon, K Gavin, K Maguire;
D Harte, P Sharry, J Gaffey;
D Duffy, J Heslin;
K Martin, C McCormack, J Dolan;
G Egan, D Glennon, D Dolan

Good team, few positional changes from the league so will be interesting to see how they get on. Gaffey's good form sees him rewarded in a new position at wing back, will be interesting to see how he gets on. Coroon and Curley can consider themselves unfortunate but I feel it is imperative to have Dessie there from the start.

Great to have a Leinster game back in the Park, will be a good few days, Up Westmeath.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

seafoid

Westmeath should fear nobody in Leinster bar maybe Dublin

Shamrock Shore

If Westmeath don't beat Carlow by a million points then they may as well fold up the tents for 2013.

shark

Good team alright, nice to have no injuries.  I think James Dolan is more comfortable in the half forwards, and don't think the luxury of having 2 non-marking half-backs (Sharry being one) could be afforded.  From which I mean defending may not be their number one priority.  As mentioned Corroon and Curley are unlucky, but will be good options from the bench along with Smyth, Daly, etc. (in fact it seems the bench is almost entirely populated with players from one club).  A good start will make life a lot easier.  Carlow not going all that well, but they have sprung surprises in recent years.  Probably the first game this team have played all year where they are expected to win.

stevecw

Being from Carlow, I can 100% tell you Westmeath will win this, and win it easily. Its the worst Carlow team in years, a rookie manager who has no idea what he's doing. 7 players dropped off the panel during league, injuries to about 3 or 4 of our usual starters.

We got hammered in all challenges, its just a mess.

I'm usually not one to do big bets but just stuck 100 on Westmeath -6 at 6/5, it's like printing money sadly.

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on May 15, 2013, 09:44:10 AM
Westmeath should fear nobody in Leinster bar maybe Dublin

Yeah, they are under rated in Leinster. They motored along nicely in the league. Have doubts about their concentration in tight games, especially towards the end.

Shamrock Shore

Jazes stevecw

That's a depressing post for sure. Carlow gave Meath a good run last year but a year is a long time in a small footballing county.

Maybe the lads will rouse themselves and gave Westmeath something to think about, but it would seem unlikely.

stevecw

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 15, 2013, 10:30:53 PM
Jazes stevecw

That's a depressing post for sure. Carlow gave Meath a good run last year but a year is a long time in a small footballing county.

Maybe the lads will rouse themselves and gave Westmeath something to think about, but it would seem unlikely.

Well its depressing but sadly very true.
Last year we had a manager in Luke Dempsey who knew how to get the best from a limited bunch of players. We had 1 drop out. Gave Meath a serious game 1st day out...sadly we were down a few players for replay cos of 2 red cards and injuries. In qualifiers, we lost to Laois away by 4 pts after kicking 15 wides I think!!

This year is different story altogether, there is easily another 15 in Carlow who wud beat that team that will play on Sunday. Bet of the year is 6/5 Westmeath -6 I guarantee it. Wmth will win by at least 10 and probably more

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: stevecw on May 15, 2013, 08:11:45 PM
Being from Carlow, I can 100% tell you Westmeath will win this, and win it easily. Its the worst Carlow team in years, a rookie manager who has no idea what he's doing. 7 players dropped off the panel during league, injuries to about 3 or 4 of our usual starters.

We got hammered in all challenges, its just a mess.

I'm usually not one to do big bets but just stuck 100 on Westmeath -6 at 6/5, it's like printing money sadly.

I remember posting something similar before the Kerry game last year when we looked like sheep in a heap so we will see. We don't traditionally hammer teams either so it could be a nervous last 10 minutes for you.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Catch and Kick

Doesn't look like a contest to me either. Neve saw so little interest in going to the match. Can't agree with SteveCW about Dempsey. No way!

drici

AZOffaly

Why is Kieran Gavin copyrighted? :D And Carlow don't appear to have a captain at all..

Aristo 60

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 17, 2013, 10:30:29 AM
Why is Kieran Gavin copyrighted? :D And Carlow don't appear to have a captain at all..

Will you stop. You'll only be giving Paul Galvin ideas...

Oraisteach

Looks a sure thing for WM on paper, but grass has a different texture to paper.  Still, 6pts. looks like a fair margin.

stevecw

Quote from: stevecw on May 15, 2013, 11:03:42 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 15, 2013, 10:30:53 PM
Jazes stevecw

Well its depressing but sadly very true.
Last year we had a manager in Luke Dempsey who knew how to get the best from a limited bunch of players. We had 1 drop out. Gave Meath a serious game 1st day out...sadly we were down a few players for replay cos of 2 red cards and injuries. In qualifiers, we lost to Laois away by 4 pts after kicking 15 wides I think!!

This year is different story altogether, there is easily another 15 in Carlow who wud beat that team that will play on Sunday. Bet of the year is 6/5 Westmeath -6 I guarantee it. Wmth will win by at least 10 and probably more

It was a depressing post, but I knew what was going to happen. I put 150 on wmth -6 and got back 330. 180 profit...it was like printing money sadly. Carlow football is at an all time low with a clueless young manager. He just stood there all game and did nothing. Our best mf in ff, our best fwd as a 7th back, our best fb as corner back etc and so many more...ah its seriously frustrating