Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfast GAA man

All the talk when he got the job was that he blew everyone at interview with his PLan
The interview on that link highlights this is only a 5 year spending commitment only and there will be no plan in place for the first 2 years of it - he has very understanding employers!!!!!!!1

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on January 03, 2020, 07:10:33 PM
All the talk when he got the job was that he blew everyone at interview with his PLan
The interview on that link highlights this is only a 5 year spending commitment only and there will be no plan in place for the first 2 years of it - he has very understanding employers!!!!!!!1

How did your interview go?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

I didn't go for it but I do give about 20 hours a week volunteering To my club and just want the best for antrim and so the concern

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on January 03, 2020, 11:33:38 PM
I didn't go for it but I do give about 20 hours a week volunteering To my club and just want the best for antrim and so the concern

Well done you on the twenty hours. Like most clubmen or other County volunteers then.

what would be your  plan? and have you factored in the costs for it and so on? I'd be interested to hear it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on January 04, 2020, 12:04:02 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2020, 11:55:05 AM

Well done you on the twenty hours. Like most clubmen or other County volunteers then.

what would be your  plan? and have you factored in the costs for it and so on? I'd be interested to hear it
Most clubmen do 20 hours a week volunteering? That's impressive!

Well if you're on committees within the club there's meetings if your kids are involved you'll be at the games helping out, if you look after a team there's untold hours go into that. Then there's the pints afterwards discussing the match! You've the club shop to look after too, or you can be a complete lazy feck, do nothing and expect everything, complain about others!

I know ones in our club would certainly put that amount of hours into it

Wish I'd twenty hours to give back to the club, I'm limited to looking after one of the teams just, I suppose I'd be less concerned about Antrim

imtommygunn

I don't think the pints count ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on January 04, 2020, 12:39:16 PM
There are people who would rack up 20 hours in the week. They'd be few though. Most clubmen wouldn't be doing anywhere near that.

Those that have retired or work less have more time to give.

BigBallWeeBall

I work 40+ hours full time and was considering a second income from refereeing but could not fit this in with my 20 hour per week volunteering....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on January 04, 2020, 04:17:58 PM
I work 40+ hours full time and was considering a second income from refereeing but could not fit this in with my 20 hour per week volunteering....

Second income from refereeing   ;D

If there are any clampits out there refereeing for a second income they need bate up!

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2020, 11:55:05 AM

20 hours would be fairly standard for committee men who also take teams. MR2 u r no doubt a good gael but why are U so interested in my plan but not the guy in charge of Gaelfast? its not sh1T stirring to what to know the plan - this is a discussion Board ....

bannside

Good luck to everyone involved in Antrim Senior Football in 2020 which kick starts today in Ahoghill. Hope it's a great year.

Belfast GAA man

Great to win today . Apart from McBride who stood out ?

bannside

I thought Peter Healy Marc Jordan and Paddy Gallagher had very sound games, and Ricky Johnston Niall Delargy and Conor Murray noticably picked things up a gear on their introduction. Mc Bride took both goals well. Lots to like and build on.

CountyColours

Good result yesterday for the lads albeit with a bit of luck at the end. The main thing was we kept ourselves in the game and fair play to Paddy McBride who took his goals well. We have built a little bit of momentum which will be important leading into the Wexford game. With a few players still to come back from injuries I'd be optimistic we will be there or thereabouts come the end of the league.

Rodger Mona

Great win for Saffs yesterday. We would of taken a draw after watching that 1st half. Points on the board though i think that league has alot of twists and turns to go yet.

Analysing that game, we played 2nd fiddle for long periods. Fermanagh were alot sharper, moved the ball quicker and were more physical. Thought they were getting caught up trying to be the type of players their manager once was, with all the off the ball antics instead of  concentrating on the scoreboard and i was glad they got their medicine at the end

Still think we need to strengthen in some areas. Thought GK was ropey enough with kickouts, think we have found out Rice isnt a Corner Back and is better out the pitch, still think we could do with a bit of presence in and around the middle. Inside forward line could do with a ball winner to allow us to be a bit more expansive when running the ball isnt on. Saying all that, a positive which was the grit to stay within touching distance and give ourselves a chance which we took is a trait i hope we can keep in each game, even if the quality isnt always there that mentality is a key asset.

Delargy and Ricky definately gave us a better platform though i thought Scott was very wasteful when he came on, giving the ball away on several occasions. Though we cant fault the lads effort.

MR2 looking at some of your most recent comments and especially the ones directed to myself and others who have had a different perspective to your own, i have picked up you come out with some rash comments to try and have the upper hand in your arguments. What is wrong with your man asking questions of Donnelly, or letting people scrutinise referees, or having an opinion on the current antrim team/ management? They should be able to do so on this forum without being called names or patronised when you come out with nonsense statements like "most volunteers do 20 hours a week"!

Most club volunteers do not do 20 hours or near it, you are talking on average 9/10. The fact you were factoring in pints as volunteering was hilarious reading... so how about in 2020 we let people have their say, challenge them and lets keep the childish/ farcical comments to a minimum.