Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Anybody at the Harps V An Ríocht game last night in Ballyholland. I was just looking for a neutral assessment of the last 2 or 3 minutes??? :-X :-X
The Aristocrat Years

Targetman

Down's centre of excellence is to be based at Ballykinlar, currently negotiating with the British government regarding leasing part of the army camp, not a very central location and as for the dealings with the British government wouldn't be ideal, just my opinion, any thoughts?

elk

Quote from: 5 Sams on August 03, 2017, 04:50:48 PM
Anybody at the Harps V An Ríocht game last night in Ballyholland. I was just looking for a neutral assessment of the last 2 or 3 minutes??? :-X :-X
Must have been a good game to watch, very high scoring.

downjim

My neutral assessment is that the Harps let themselves down again with off the field antics.

SamFever

Quote from: downjim on August 04, 2017, 09:54:45 AM
My neutral assessment is that the Harps let themselves down again with off the field antics.
And not for the first and last time.

SHEEDY

was talking to a couple of kingdom players who were saying they couldnt believe some of the things being said by ballyholland management and subs along the line. thats just one side though, im sure they werent innocent either. all i heard was about kingdom getting last minute penalty. what was the craic 5 sams??
nil satis nisi optimum

Rodders88

downjim...Granted a few of our supporters took things too fair..but the standard of refereeing is this county is terrible and doesn't help things. The Kingdom played very well but a draw would have been the right result. The Kingdom got a penalty with 2mins to go, which was never a penalty. It should have been a free from the 14, the foul wasn't inside box so don't know why he decided it was a penalty. There was a point in it at that stage, if he gives a free from the 14 instead of the penalty, the match finishes in a draw and the antics that happened after the final whistle don't happen at all. 

upandwin

Quote from: SamFever on August 04, 2017, 12:53:28 PM
Quote from: downjim on August 04, 2017, 09:54:45 AM
And not for the first and last time.

It's embarrassing the way Ballyholland management conduct themselves. And yer man wonders why his 'face doesn't fit' for the Down job? 😂 If you didn't laugh you'd cry

snoopdog

Quote from: Targetman on August 03, 2017, 10:43:11 PM
Down's centre of excellence is to be based at Ballykinlar, currently negotiating with the British government regarding leasing part of the army camp, not a very central location and as for the dealings with the British government wouldn't be ideal, just my opinion, any thoughts?
It might sort out our Defence.  :)

Leftmidfield

CPN sneaking up the league. Sitting joint 2nd on points with one less game played than Kilcoo. We have to play burren twice in 2nd half of the league. Those 2 games will have a big bearing on where we finish. Our teachers doing a great job in their 1st year. Last nights win was 8 in a row (I think)

oileain blues

Target man, in case you didn't watch Monaghan thumped us last week, Dublin thumped them so it tells you that we have fallen way behind and one of the reasons is we don't have a centre of excellence, now unless you know a piece of land at a reasonable price, Ballykinlar seems to be the best show in town, also it's fairly central to all , the ground is sand based and won't cost a fortune , now I know there's going to be a few die hards who will revel in the British connection controversy but I believe them to be in the minority as the vote at the county board meeting will testify, so unless there's a spare million somewhere or some one has a positive alternative we should back this initiative,best news in a long time.

ardtole

Ballykinlar is a lot more  central location than the Abbey, it wouldnt be any more than 15 mins from castlewellan.u

thewobbler

Quote from: ardtole on August 06, 2017, 07:40:41 AM
Ballykinlar is a lot more  central location than the Abbey, it wouldnt be any more than 15 mins from castlewellan.u

15 mins from castlewellan means 1.5 hrs per week for someone training 3 times a week.

I get that geographically it's a central spot. But in terms of club dispersion it is anything but central, and the vast majority of players across all age groups would be faced with longer trips, along poorer roads.

Smurfy123

Spot on wobbler it is in the arsehole of no where let's be frank about it.
Some hammerings given out yesterday just puts Downs season int perspective
We won 4 games all year
Derry-Without 4 Slaughneill players and a host of injuries
Meath-1 of the worst Meath teams in living memory
Armagh-Take a look at yesterday
Monaghan-Possibly the most overrated team that has every played our sport

Wobbler can you sum up Downs year?A man who talks a lot of sense and you seem to be a realist.

ardtole

Should Down keep using the Abbey facilities indefinitely, or have you another similar sized facility in a more preferred location in mind.

Ballykinlar Gaa club was used as a training base for County teams in the 80s/90s and the location as far as I know was never an issue then.