Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

According to the commentary, the ref signalled 2 mins of injury time but didn't play any at all.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 28, 2021, 07:58:02 PM
According to the commentary, the ref signalled 2 mins of injury time but didn't play any at all.

Was televised? Remember doing a televised game and the timing the 'tv' had was completely different to mine
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 28, 2021, 08:10:03 PM

Was televised? Remember doing a televised game and the timing the 'tv' had was completely different to mine

PJ O' Mullan was interviewed after it and according to him restarted his watch after water break, there was to be 15 mins plus 2 injury. He blew up at 14mins 30secs according to PJ
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on November 28, 2021, 08:27:59 PM

PJ O' Mullan was interviewed after it and according to him restarted his watch after water break, there was to be 15 mins plus 2 injury. He blew up at 14mins 30secs according to PJ

Ok, that's true story then.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 28, 2021, 08:36:40 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on November 28, 2021, 08:27:59 PM

Ok, that's true story then.

I'm just stating what he said  :)
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 28, 2021, 09:17:34 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/gaelic-games/59453219

So in the end there was 2.30 mins left which could have ended up with them losing?

But the draw will give both teams another go?

Before that link I thought it was last chance attack and winner takes all!

antrimman667

good result for loughgiel camogs and Glenravel, I'm sure Carey will be disappointed

Milltown Row2

Quote from: antrimman667 on November 29, 2021, 12:08:07 PM
good result for loughgiel camogs and Glenravel, I'm sure Carey will be disappointed

Anyone at the Carey game?

Jonkunlon

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 28, 2021, 07:54:46 PM
Quote from: Jonkunlon on November 28, 2021, 07:45:41 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 26, 2021, 02:20:53 PM
who are loughgiel camogs playing?

Ended controversially in a draw with Slaughtneil. Referee reportedly blew the game up early with Loughiel on the attack.

Had you the ref's watch?

Read the post again. It worries me that someone who can't infer the information from a very basic post is in charge of senior games in our county.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jonkunlon on November 29, 2021, 06:03:16 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 28, 2021, 07:54:46 PM
Quote from: Jonkunlon on November 28, 2021, 07:45:41 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 26, 2021, 02:20:53 PM
who are loughgiel camogs playing?

Ended controversially in a draw with Slaughtneil. Referee reportedly blew the game up early with Loughiel on the attack.

Had you the ref's watch?

Read the post again. It worries me that someone who can't infer the information from a very basic post is in charge of senior games in our county.

Aye like I'll take your posts seriously, "must be on his period" the humour of a child

Jonkunlon

Cantankerous/on your period ....whichever you prefer. You do seem to be rather touchy about once a month. You can forgive my reasoning. Read your last few posts.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jonkunlon on November 29, 2021, 08:27:54 PM
Cantankerous/on your period ....whichever you prefer. You do seem to be rather touchy about once a month. You can forgive my reasoning. Read your last few posts.

I'll take you seriously when you get on like an adult.

I d read the report, if and it's a big if, the referee played 2.30 minutes short then it was plenty time to lose or win the game.

Just because someone has a stop watch around his neck doesn't means it's in time with the ref's.

So lots of assumptions being reported, loughgiel and S'niel will go at it again and the best team will win, controversial it wasn't

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2021, 08:40:51 PM

I d read the report, if and it's a big if, the referee played 2.30 minutes short then it was plenty time to lose or win the game.

Just because someone has a stop watch around his neck doesn't means it's in time with the ref's.

So lots of assumptions being reported, loughgiel and S'niel will go at it again and the best team will win, controversial it wasn't
Did you not read the report and listen to what he said. He started his watch after the water break and it was 2 and a half minutes out after the ref confirmed how long there would be to play from then.
Facts are he ended the match early and therefore it is controversial, so he deserves his criticism. You can take a break from being a referee apologist.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on November 29, 2021, 08:45:25 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2021, 08:40:51 PM

Did you not read the report and listen to what he said. He started his watch after the water break and it was 2 and a half minutes out after the ref confirmed how long there would be to play from then.
Facts are he ended the match early and therefore it is controversial, so he deserves his criticism. You can take a break from being a referee apologist.

If he started it at that time, that is. Who to believe?

Again you or I was not timing the game. Knowing PJ I'm sure it was recorded, knowing the detail that goes into his coaching, so it'll be easy to check back.