Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: yellowcard on April 28, 2019, 09:57:37 PM
That mistake by De Gea cost United any chance of a CL place next season with the likely revenue and ability to attract better players that comes with that. I think his head has gone, he has been a brilliant shot stopper until recently but other aspects of his game are average. I'd drop him for the last 2 games but if he wants to stay he will need to drop his wage demands. He might have a chance of rebuilding his confidence over the summer and if he actually wants to stay at the club he still has more than enough credit in the bank.

Pretty sure there was more to United failing to qualify than one bad mistake from the goalkeeper!!!

magpie seanie

Next two games are Huddersfiled and Cardiff. Probably don't matter now as I can't see Chelsea slipping twice and the GD is like another point. If you drop DeGea now you're basically ending his United career and greatly reducing the money you get for him. Though I accept that every mistake he makes is reducing the money anyway. It just goes to show how much of a top level goalkeepers game in in the head. He has been so good for so long for the club I hate to criticise him but today's mistake* was an extremely costly one. Bad and all as United are I reckon they're better placed to be better next season than Chelsea. f**king hate that Thursday-Sunday routine.

* And of course you can't really judge one season on a moment. United were nowhere near contention for 4th in December. however, where things had got to this game was practically a cup final.

BennyCake

That mistake by De Gea cost United any chance of a CL place next season with the likely revenue and ability to attract better players that comes with that. I think his head has gone, he has been a brilliant shot stopper until recently but other aspects of his game are average. I'd drop him for the last 2 games but if he wants to stay he will need to drop his wage demands. He might have a chance of rebuilding his confidence over the summer and if he actually wants to stay at the club he still has more than enough credit in the bank.

That's being very generous. Other aspects of his game are brutal.

Boycey

Quote from: BennyCake on April 28, 2019, 10:37:43 PM

Youre like a dog with a bone  ;D and completely wrong by the way. 

BennyCake

Quote from: Boycey on April 28, 2019, 11:10:21 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on April 28, 2019, 10:37:43 PM

Youre like a dog with a bone  ;D and completely wrong by the way.

Woof!

Jeepers Creepers

As highlighted utd problems are far more than David De Gea. Although he's doing himself no favours in the contract negotiations with his howlers. Still a great keeper though. I thought Utd played well yesterday until the final third where they struggled to create any real danger. Glad to see Mata get a goal, always shows composure on the ball and always wants to be on the ball. Never shys away. They can't ask for any more chances for a top 4 spot as they just can't take them.
Very few if any players prepared to shoot from distance yesterday which I thought was strange, confidence and all that but with little else happening?

Maroon Manc

Did they talk about United's fitness after the game? I can't believe not more is made of it, its a huge problem and was very obvious during that 2nd half.

Its clearly not the only issue but its extremely frustrating to see it hindering them so much. I suspect we're in for a summer of another circus in the transfer market with Pogba & Lukaku looking to move, can't say either would be missed.

trailer

Lukaku is the worse footballer ever to wear the Utd shirt. An absolute shitebag. He should be playing for Crewe or Strasbourg or some non descript shit team in a shit league that no one watches or gives a f**k about.

A useless ****.

Boycey

Quote from: trailer on April 29, 2019, 11:37:35 AM
Lukaku is the worse footballer ever to wear the Utd shirt. An absolute shitebag. He should be playing for Crewe or Strasbourg or some non descript shit team in a shit league that no one watches or gives a f**k about.

A useless ****.

This is getting tiresome...

trailer

Quote from: Boycey on April 29, 2019, 11:39:19 AM
Quote from: trailer on April 29, 2019, 11:37:35 AM

A useless ****.

This is getting tiresome...

Like his f**king performances.

BennyCake

Lukaku was such an underwhelming signing. When you consider he's meant to be Uniteds main goal scorer. It's depressing.

Vardy would have been a much better signing at probably half the price.

Maroon Manc

Lukaku was good last season despite his obvious limitations but this season he's been very poor. He's come back from the world cup out of shape and never got properly fit. I'm happy for him to leave and United preserve with Rashford as the main centre forward. United would still command a big fee for Lukaku and buy a decent backup at half the price. Rashford isn't fit, up until his he was excellent and expect him to return to that form next season.

thewobbler

Has any goalkeeper that took a full nosedive, ever recovered?

I can't think of any. Once the bangers go between the sticks, they never come back.

Dire Ear

Can't understand how players ( getting handsomely paid ) are not fit?
Does the trainers or managers not see what we see?
Or is it an optical illusion; they are fit but don't look fit?

trailer

Quote from: BennyCake on April 29, 2019, 12:24:12 PM
Lukaku was such an underwhelming signing. When you consider he's meant to be Uniteds main goal scorer. It's depressing.

Vardy would have been a much better signing at probably half the price.

Utd often signed 29 and 30 year old CF. Sherringham and RVP just 2 examples. Listen those 2 probably better options right now than Lukaku. Ans Sherringham must near 50!
Lukaku is so limited. His 1st touch is so poor it's not funny. He is obese. He never gives an interview and that's probably because he  stuffing his face with buns post match. Not a Manchester United player!!