Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Taylor on February 23, 2021, 06:22:41 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on February 23, 2021, 02:06:48 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on February 23, 2021, 01:03:36 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on February 20, 2021, 12:43:36 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on February 19, 2021, 07:49:29 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on February 19, 2021, 07:32:50 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 19, 2021, 12:26:16 PM
RTE actually have very little live sport now other than the GAA and the Irish football team euro/world cup qualifier games.
I'm not sure of the exact deal, but RTE/BBC/ITV etc only have soccer internationals because UEFA/FIFA mandate that the games (or at least some of them) are on free-to-air TV.

Definitely the case with tournament Finals.

I think this is the reason. The internationals and the League of Ireland games come together as package.
Perhaps there GAA could look at this model and say to RTÉ that if they want the All Ireland final that they have to try harder with lesser games.

This model is a disaster for the LoI though. It was a Delaney idea. I understand there is a difference in that if Waterford v Tipp is shown Waterford wouldn't get paid in contrast to soccer but the FAI trouser every cent and I read somewhere that Rovers lose 1,000 (c€12,000) on the gate when a game is televised. Sponsors are the only winners.

I strongly doubt Amazon will be paying game changing money but streaming is the way forward.

The Economist had a thing a while ago that Amazon see sport, any sport as an advertising vehicle. At the moment PSG games pitchside advertising changes for the country in question. A viewer in Boston, Bordeaux, Belfast and Bejing will have different companies scroll past. Amazon plan to target you specifically.

So stop googling dildo prices if you plan on having people round.
if the Clubs in the Chicken league cannot make income from their sponsors when they are getting free undeserved national coverage on the backs of the English lads that play for the 'National' team then they deserve even less than I thought

Thats an interesting take away. And absolute bollocks.

Do yiu think that maybe sports coming together to stand up to RTE might be a better approach?

The GAA would be better off staying away from anything & everything to do with that 2 bit Mickey Mouse league

The 2 bit mickey mouse league that is trusted to play when the GAA isn't?

johnnycool

Quote from: Rossfan on February 20, 2021, 11:17:35 AM
How will poor Johnny up the mountain see Amazon?

I'm not up a mountain, but thanks for the concern.

but to answer the question, the same way some of us in the north saw TV3. We didn't and zero fucks were given.

imtommygunn

Exactly. Not one shite was given about not getting TV3.