St. Molaise Gaels
Ballymote
Calry/St. Joseph's
Tourlestrane
St. Mary's
St. Farnan's
St. John's

sammymaguire

shocking news Mano, what happened the young fella?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

RedandGreenSniper

Ah Christ that's awful. God rest him and hope the family can hold up.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

magpie seanie

I'd like to add my condolences to the Gaughan family and the Tourlestrane GAA club on this tragic news. When I heard this morning I was in total shock and disbelief. I played against him in a JFC quarter final & replay a few short weeks ago and despite his tender years his display the first day especially was incredible. It's just so hard to take in for someone like me who only knew of him through football so God help those close to him. They are in my thoughts and prayers. Its just not right.

Tubberman

That is really awful. Shows the terrible random cruelty that life throws at some people.
God help his family. RIP.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

SLIGONIAN

Very sorry to hear this, condolescenes to his family and friends, and anyone who knew him. Wish ye all the strength in the world in Tourlestrane and i know its great close knit community that will rally around the family and will help them through this dark times.

May he rest in peace.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

SLIGONIAN

Mano

A book of condolences is open on the Tourlestrane Website for anyone who wants to leave a message
http://tourlestranegaa-com.si-sv2413.com/Darren-Gaughan-BC.aspx

SLIGONIAN

Charlie made this team aswell, congrats to him.

Croí na hÉireann

Well done to Charlie although I thought Ross O'Donovan would get it due to being very close in 2008.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on November 05, 2010, 11:54:38 AM
Well done to Charlie although I thought Ross O'Donovan would get it due to being very close in 2008.
Ah ya your right enough, Charlie is better going forward but has defensive weaknesses which are kinda ignored by outsiders seamingly, Ross is our best defender for sure.

SLIGONIAN

Any latest news on the who is going to win? Is Michael Leonard still going for it?

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 05, 2010, 01:56:17 PM
Ah ya your right enough, Charlie is better going forward but has defensive weaknesses which are kinda ignored by outsiders seamingly, Ross is our best defender for sure.

Jesus you're fierce hard pleased. He's a very good defender and has added football skills to attack. Donovan a very tigerish defender. If I was an inter-county corner-forward I wouldn't be pleased about either of them marking me.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on November 05, 2010, 02:05:05 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 05, 2010, 01:56:17 PM

Jesus you're fierce hard pleased. He's a very good defender and has added football skills to attack. Donovan a very tigerish defender. If I was an inter-county corner-forward I wouldn't be pleased about either of them marking me.
Well i am, but ask Ronan Murtagh or Ger Heneghan how good he was on them...Charlie likes to get out in front and i agree with that  but when he doesnt get the ball he tends to foul his man, as he tackles over agressively, he can be a sucker for letting his man in goal side. I just dont trust him defensively as much as Ross. Charlie, is brave, commited wholehearted, great ball carrier, leader in terms of his runs, he is a good reader of the game. As i said above his main weakness is when he is isolated and he tends to foul when he has the hard work done. He also needs to work on his foot passing and sometimes carrys the ball into trouble. But every player has weaknesses, no harm me pointing them out.

Westie

Think the poll needs to be changed because one person in the list has pulled out I believe. Leonard will get nominated by Tubber or Tour .
The current admin - - all about the big clubs and making them stronger as was very much evidenced by the underage transfers to Marys and Tubber and trampling on the others (Cloonacool and Buninnadden this year by Tubber at u14 anyone) but fair dues to Calry they have put in a fair stand to Tommy and TJ having the complete u16 team in Marys.
Someone said what about the finances - - very good question.
This is also the admin that said nothing about the Connacht sec pet project in Bekan at any co board meeting and in fact said that it is now only going to cost 3million(but the week after in the Western People there was Prenty telling all in Mayo that it was a 10m investment)......
Minor board meetings  - -where did that go under this admin....

My opinion - this admin was for a very small select clique and their whims though I do believe when they went in they were good intentioned.

SLIGONIAN

Christy Murphy has pulled out, Michael Leonard is back in, and Joe Taafe is the newest contender.