NFL Div 4 2019

Started by oakleaflad, January 21, 2019, 10:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakleaflad

Antrim, Derry, Leitrim, Limerick, London, Waterford, Wexford, Wicklow

I'm assuming we're odds on favorites. I'm honestly not sure who the other favorites for promotion would be? One of Antrim, Limerick and Wexford maybe?

Owenmoresider

Will be interesting to see how Leitrim get on this year, there seems to be a sense of optimism about them at the moment that was absent pretty much since the Moran/Morrison days. Could be titling at promotion if it comes right. But Derry really ought to be making a swift return to D3.

twohands!!!

To Win

Derry  4/7
Wexford  6/1
Leitrim  7/1
Limerick 9/1
Antrim  10/1
Wicklow 14/1
Waterford  25/1
London  66/1

To be Promoted

Derry  1/5
Wexford  13/8
Leitrim  2/1
Limerick  3/1
Antrim  10/3
Wicklow  9/2
Waterford  10/1
London 20/1

Nothing anyway appealing here.

The fact that the two relegated teams from last year are favourites to go back up says a lot about the standards, especially when you consider both of them lost their 2 championship games last year. The 2nd tier championship can't come fast enough in my opinion.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: twohands!!! on January 21, 2019, 05:38:36 PM
To Win

Derry  4/7
Wexford  6/1
Leitrim  7/1
Limerick 9/1
Antrim  10/1
Wicklow 14/1
Waterford  25/1
London  66/1

To be Promoted

Derry  1/5
Wexford  13/8
Leitrim  2/1
Limerick  3/1
Antrim  10/3
Wicklow  9/2
Waterford  10/1
London 20/1

Nothing anyway appealing here.

The fact that the two relegated teams from last year are favourites to go back up says a lot about the standards, especially when you consider both of them lost their 2 championship games last year. The 2nd tier championship can't come fast enough in my opinion.

Good value for a few on the promotions odds there. The league is already our tiered competition BTW and Div 4 is rarely a high standard.

giveballaghback

Love to see our neighbours Leitrim getting promotion, they have 4 home games and if they can beat Wexford in Pairc Sean next Sunday 7/1 will look a great bet, I am going to have a few bob on them.

TheMaster

Quote from: giveballaghback on January 25, 2019, 03:42:46 PM
Love to see our neighbours Leitrim getting promotion, they have 4 home games and if they can beat Wexford in Pairc Sean next Sunday 7/1 will look a great bet, I am going to have a few bob on them.

I hope ye backed us :) Great win for the lads today

TheMaster

Just in the door from the Leitrim game. First half performance was poor a lot of basic handling errors. I'd have put that down to nerves as today was a huge game. Second half was unreal. 3-09 scored in the second half. Ryan O Rourke was sublime caused no end of trouble. Can't fault anyone today. But I think leitrim need to start one of darragh Rooney , Gary Plunkett, cillian Mc Gloin instead of possibly Damien Moran as I feel there pace and link up play with Ryan o Rourke would make that forward line even stronger

twohands!!!

Quote from: TheMaster on January 27, 2019, 07:21:52 PM
Just in the door from the Leitrim game. First half performance was poor a lot of basic handling errors. I'd have put that down to nerves as today was a huge game. Second half was unreal. 3-09 scored in the second half. Ryan O Rourke was sublime caused no end of trouble. Can't fault anyone today. But I think leitrim need to start one of darragh Rooney , Gary Plunkett, cillian Mc Gloin instead of possibly Damien Moran as I feel there pace and link up play with Ryan o Rourke would make that forward line even stronger

Serious scoring for this weekend - only Monaghan and Laois scored more than 3-9 and that was in two halves.

What happened Wexford - sounds like it a complete capitulation in the 2nd half -given they only scored 2 points ?

Farrandeelin

Delighted for Leitrim. Hopefully they can keep it up and get promoted.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

oakleaflad

TheMaster

Tremendous result from Aughrim. I admit to having reservations about the management appointment but I'm prepared to rescind these views. A battling performance that will instil confidence in the lads themselves.
Great result and full credit to all involved

Westside

Quote from: TheMaster on February 03, 2019, 05:45:48 PM
Tremendous result from Aughrim. I admit to having reservations about the management appointment but I'm prepared to rescind these views. A battling performance that will instil confidence in the lads themselves.

Great battling result from Leitrim and great to see a bit of a buzz around our neighbouring county. Why did you have reservations about the management?

TheMaster

Quote from: Westside on February 03, 2019, 06:29:31 PM

Great battling result from Leitrim and great to see a bit of a buzz around our neighbouring county. Why did you have reservations about the management?

Just reservations on his defensive style of football with Cavan. Fair play to him he is working wonders at the moment.

Itchy

Quote from: TheMaster on February 03, 2019, 06:47:47 PM
Quote from: Westside on February 03, 2019, 06:29:31 PM

Just reservations on his defensive style of football with Cavan. Fair play to him he is working wonders at the moment.

Terry defensive style with Cavan was a myth propagated by lazy journalists and commentators.

Westside

Beat me to it Itchy. Anyone who watched Cavan in 2015/2016 couldn't say Cavan were defensive. Had to laugh at Colm Parkinson saying he hoped Leitrim would get promoted even if they play Terry Hyland's defensive football, all based on a catchy one liner by Joe Brolly that stuck.

He's an excellent manager who will make the absolute best of the players he has. Would love to see Leitrim getting promoted.