Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 23, 2017, 10:02:46 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on November 23, 2017, 09:45:59 PM

Quote from: bannside on November 23, 2017, 09:10:43 PM
But if the Irish News comes out with something similar (ie highlighting the good work being done) youll be happy to give the thumbs up and say fair play these boys are making a difference. Yes/No?
Difference will be perceived when we win something....BS.
As the bard said "All that glitters etc.........".
Seems u got inside info Bannside......u been talking to Mr Crossan....or speaking to the PR man...?

Win something? Like an All Ireland?
A first round championship win would be a start.....

country bumpkin

And not asking those chosen to wear Saffron to bring packed lunches or asking our new manager to organise a fund raiser.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 23, 2017, 10:11:50 PM
And not asking those chosen to wear Saffron to bring packed lunches or asking our new manager to organise a fund raiser.

Who have we in the first round next year?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 23, 2017, 10:18:01 PM

Down......

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 23, 2017, 10:23:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 23, 2017, 10:18:01 PM

Down......

Should certainly beat a team like Down
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 23, 2017, 11:00:49 PM
Indeed..

I'd say most teams that are two leagues apart, Div 4 and Div2 fancy to win those games, be like Cargin playing St Aggies

country bumpkin

Cargin are finished....according to some, so the Aggies may well prove a handful ;)

bogieman

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 23, 2017, 06:55:08 PM
Quote from: bannside on November 23, 2017, 04:14:54 PM
What about the £1.5million funding secured for coaching in Belfast which will free up additional coaches for SW and N.A. too. Or the new relationship with Casement Park social club which has raised over £60k in the last two years.

Anyone impressed with that? I definitely am!
Well that £1.5 mil is certainly a tribute to the endeavours of Dr Young in particular and certainly the SW and North will welcome any crumbs.
As for the Social Club....well our own in Cargin always provides without query or question.....

But the question posed is ....."the rights or otherwise of a newspaper or a scribe therein to tell, or even suggest a way forward for a body which they have always shunned or kept at arm's length"...?

Wow, you are a crier...
They report little on us, you moan, they report with an interesting enough article, you're crying. Like a baby. You'd ruin'd love when it is built anew...

Change is good, this is progress, why knock it - you need some vision man...
I must have a look at the back pages in the newsletter and sentinel to see progress

As regards rights, it is now a free country, maybe not state just yet, all of them should be encouraged to write about the gaa, in a positive way.

Ps. all publicity is good publicity, and free
Pss. misery makes sport to mock itself
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

bannside

You come across as a very bitter man CB. Surely you can find a way of saying something positive about the developments taking place, delivered by the current regime, that are clear to see.

Go on, say something positive. It cant hurt that much!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on November 24, 2017, 08:45:32 AM
You come across as a very bitter man CB. Surely you can find a way of saying something positive about the developments taking place, delivered by the current regime, that are clear to see.

He'd much prefer to be in Derry sure

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on November 24, 2017, 08:45:32 AM

Jeez BS u need to start having opinion of your own rather than following the lead (bogieman).
Now why would I be bitter I ask you....sure I am from Cargin and always stand proud of my club's achievements both on and off the field.

Na Glinntí Glasa

u21b final moved to Sunday now.

will be at the game myself, fingers crossed we can win a first title at this level
hurl like f**k boi!

Saffs on Tour

Great article in the Bel tel, delighted to see that even the challenging parties to Saffron Vision are fulsome in their acknowledgement of achievements to date re the Saffron Business Forum and the Belfast Plan which will kick in soon and be a massive boost to the whole county. Somewhat bizarre of course to lay all the credit at the door of the Ulster Council and Antrim county secretary, but it perhaps underlines a lack of knowledge of county structures more than anything else.

I remember Pauric Duffy not long ago appearing at a Q&A night at an Antrim club (perhaps St Galls?) and he was very clear in saying that a blank chequebook was not the way forward for Belfast and indeed Antrim as a whole. He intimated that once Antrim had the house in order at board level and came forward with a detailed strategic plan then HQ would fund accordingly. This plan alongside other developments are surely the start of the that and must be of great satisfaction to those volunteers who have made huge sacrifices to achieve them.

With no disrespect to the administration previous to Saffron Vision, themselves volunteers with their hearts in the right place, I have no doubt that this current progress would not have taken place had they remained in situ. A gentle reminder of the risks we pose to ourselves by opting for a return of the old guard.

And on that topic in general, aside from not being Saffron Vision, what are the policies/proposals of the challenging group?

bannside

Great post Saffs. No one in their right mind could argue with a word of that.