Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpackiechestout

Was there not a dispute at some stage last year between Peter Donnelly and the county board as well? I remember talk that he could be about to walk away and that it was over wages. Obviously hard to comment without knowing the ins and out but either it wasn't sorted properly back then and the County Board aren't looking after their staff, or else it was sorted and Peter has come back looking for more again which wouldn't reflect well on him.

sensethetone

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on October 05, 2017, 11:41:20 AM
Was there not a dispute at some stage last year between Peter Donnelly and the county board as well? I remember talk that he could be about to walk away and that it was over wages. Obviously hard to comment without knowing the ins and out but either it wasn't sorted properly back then and the County Board aren't looking after their staff, or else it was sorted and Peter has come back looking for more again which wouldn't reflect well on him.

Maybe only a year was agreed with it to be reviewed? When there may have been discussions previously regarding pay etc. M Harte may have been in his final year(at the time) maybe a long term agreement couldn't be arranged. I hope it gets sorted soon with P Donnelly staying.

redhandefender

Jesus some yapping, few of you living in fairyland!

southtyronegael

Either way, we need to come up with the cash to keep Donnelly. Does raise further questions regarding county board spending. They must be near broke.

Club boi

Aye broke paying Micky and his Cartel plus "friends" of "friends"

TROUSERS

Quote from: Club boi on October 04, 2017, 07:24:27 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 04, 2017, 05:21:57 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on October 04, 2017, 03:36:41 PM
So anyway, which GAA jobs is it acceptable to be paid for?
S & C coach?
Physio?
Defence coach?
Manager?
Secretary?
Does it depend on the personality or on the amount of time they spend doing it?

Video Analysis is worth a few quid these days.
GPS Interpretation too, although that may be covered under the realm of S/C coach.

Just ask Coalisland!!!!

Sure fianna pride themselves on not paying management

driveherin

Are John McKeever, Conleith Gilligan and Tommy Devlin doing it for free??? Wow!! Great GAA men!  ::)

Localexpert

Heard today Peter Donnelly is definitely gone.

From memory the issue last year which was previously mentioned was that he was doing far more than what was initially agreed when he first came on board.  he didn't have a problem with doing this extra work but felt his package needed to reflect the extra work that he was doing.  this was then then agreed upon which was rumoured to be around £30k at that stage.

I haven't heard anything about the demands for £42k but apparently it was just a case of his contract was up and it hasn't been renewed by the county board .... reason being only they will know for sure but I think we will all agree he most certainly fulfilled his task of s&c coach over the past few years to a very high standard.

I cant see him being short of offers from numerous sporting codes that will certainly pay in excess of what he would have stayed with Tyrone for.

rodney trotter

The Tyrone chairperson was questioning his worth last year. Does she have a clue? He can come back to Cavan if he wants.

GetOverTheBar

Anyone feeling there needed to be a scapegoat for the Dublin tanking and this is the sacrifice that has been made?

redhandefender

This is complete nonsense and hysteria. People with the tin hats out. I don't know what the situation is as does nobody on this site.

I wouldn't be surprised if he asked for 42k as I am sure he could get that elsewhere. If clubs are paying managers £30 plus grand he could probably get a load more in other counties or clubs.

But lets not start talking s**te that there was some joint effort to remove him or make him a scapegoat. A) nobody knows if this has happened and B) its rubbish by the same people on here crying about the chairwoman, the county board, club tyrone, mickey harte blah blah blah blah.

Keep it in the pants until you hear for definite

Up The Middle

Quote from: redhandefender on October 05, 2017, 04:40:37 PM
This is complete nonsense and hysteria. People with the tin hats out. I don't know what the situation is as does nobody on this site.

I wouldn't be surprised if he asked for 42k as I am sure he could get that elsewhere. If clubs are paying managers £30 plus grand he could probably get a load more in other counties or clubs.

But lets not start talking s**te that there was some joint effort to remove him or make him a scapegoat. A) nobody knows if this has happened and B) its rubbish by the same people on here crying about the chairwoman, the county board, club tyrone, mickey harte blah blah blah blah.

Keep it in the pants until you hear for definite

::)
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

bigpackiechestout

Peter Donnelly wouldn't be much use as a scapegoat since he's been the most praised member of the Tyrone set up in the past couple of years.

If his contract expired in September and hasn't been renewed then that means he is unemployed at the moment and collecting no salary. If that is the case then that is absolutely ludicrous treatment from the county board and incompetence of the highest order considering how valuable an asset Peter Donnelly is.

Up The Middle

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on October 05, 2017, 04:54:50 PM
Peter Donnelly wouldn't be much use as a scapegoat since he's been the most praised member of the Tyrone set up in the past couple of years.

If his contract expired in September and hasn't been renewed then that means he is unemployed at the moment and collecting no salary. If that is the case then that is absolutely ludicrous treatment from the county board and incompetence of the highest order considering how valuable an asset Peter Donnelly is.

Probably getting too much credit for the Fuhrers liking...........
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Localexpert

Quote from: Up The Middle on October 05, 2017, 04:56:41 PM
Quote from: bigpackiechestout on October 05, 2017, 04:54:50 PM

Probably getting too much credit for the Fuhrers liking...........

That or ms. Chairwoman is actively trying to weaken der fuhrers background team  ::)