Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCR

White smoke expected in Ardboe very shortly.Cathal has decided on McGuigan's replacement.
Won't matter in any case,no balls=no cups.

Up The Middle

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on November 06, 2017, 01:04:26 PM
Quote from: rrhf on November 06, 2017, 12:49:00 PM
Moy are in an ulster semi final now, and they should have done better before, but fair play to them this year they are pointing the right road and nobody could begrudge them it.

Absolutely, I hope Moy can go all the way, the reason for bringing the topic to the forum was a thought I had reading twitter, thinking Moy had some great players and this year is the 1st year they have stood up and been counted, 11 all stars, yes Jordan and Sean Cavanagh account for 9 of these is it but they have had other county representation.  There are greats that missed out (Jordan).  A lot of the other club all stars in Tyrone have Senior championships.

In no way was my question a dig at the club, I wish them every success in Ulster and hope they can push on.

Sean Cavanagh 5

Jordan 4

Colm Cavanagh 1

Who am i missing?
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

ardtole

Quote from: Up The Middle on November 06, 2017, 01:31:53 PM
Moy are in an ulster semi final now, and they should have done better before, but fair play to them this year they are pointing the right road and nobody could begrudge them it.

Absolutely, I hope Moy can go all the way, the reason for bringing the topic to the forum was a thought I had reading twitter, thinking Moy had some great players and this year is the 1st year they have stood up and been counted, 11 all stars, yes Jordan and Sean Cavanagh account for 9 of these is it but they have had other county representation.  There are greats that missed out (Jordan).  A lot of the other club all stars in Tyrone have Senior championships.

In no way was my question a dig at the club, I wish them every success in Ulster and hope they can push on.

Sean Cavanagh 5

Jordan 4

Colm Cavanagh 1

Who am i missing?
Plunkett Donghy??

Mikhailov

Sean Cavanagh 5

Jordan 4

Colm Cavanagh 1

Who am i missing?

How could you forget Plunkett Donaghy - should have got more than 1 to be fair as well

Up The Middle

Quote from: Mikhailov on November 06, 2017, 01:41:14 PM

Sean Cavanagh 5

Jordan 4

Colm Cavanagh 1

Who am i missing?

How could you forget Plunkett Donaghy - should have got more than 1 to be fair as well

Didnt realise Plunkett had one. Fine player he was too. Big Harry was better though  ;)
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

rrhf

Plunkett had hands like shovels and feet like spades.   ;)
Great legendary figure in Tyrone GAA folklore, I always thought he had 2 all stars. 

The Trap

Problem for Moy was always the supporting cast and in some years big Sean especially didn't put it in or may have picked up a knock with Tyrone. Should have done better in intermediate a couple of times especially the last time Kelly was in charge.
They will be up against a very good team in Newbridge this week. They have similarly underachieved in Derry and probably should not be playing at this level. If moy are to win they will need massive games from the Cavanaghs and Loughran.

twenty one yard free

Quote from: DCR on November 06, 2017, 01:12:46 PM
White smoke expected in Ardboe very shortly.Cathal has decided on McGuigan's replacement.
Be no white smoke but could be more of a smoke screen especially when the nosey shopkeeper is involved, isn't that what happened last year via the puppets he had installed at his well organised AGM

Therealdonald

Quote from: twenty one yard free on November 06, 2017, 04:03:19 PM
Quote from: DCR on November 06, 2017, 01:12:46 PM
Be no white smoke but could be more of a smoke screen especially when the nosey shopkeeper is involved, isn't that what happened last year via the puppets he had installed at his well organised AGM

Glad to see that McGuigan's newspaper article about in-house fighting seemed to be well off the mark going by you two critics.

DCR

A good few Ardboe men would be better going to Coagh United and the garrison games.They'd feel right at home in Coagh as the natives don't like the tricolour either.

Therealdonald

Going on pure hearsay...I hear 1 of your younger starters is actually moving to a neighbouring club?? One with Coagh United players on it? What actually happened down the loughshore? I only read what was in the paper.

seanyb1

Quote from: Therealdonald on November 06, 2017, 04:25:25 PM
Going on pure hearsay...I hear 1 of your younger starters is actually moving to a neighbouring club?? One with Coagh United players on it? What actually happened down the loughshore? I only read what was in the paper.

ballinderry shamrocks?

W.A.G. Lover

Has anyone got a link to the McGuigan article? Sounds like an interesting read

Tyrone95

Great win for our u16 team last night in Dromore to win the Grade 1 championship - played in auful conditions. Underage football in our club has been given huge time and effort this last 4/5 years - here's hoping this can develop to senior level in the near future. It was mentioned last night that across both codes/ladies and mens- carmen has seen 20 underage titles grace the steps of Quinn's corner!

wee scully

Ardboe have a new management team in place for 2018 after last years management stepped down

They've went internally again 3 former senior players at the helm