Started by GetOverTheBar, January 15, 2021, 01:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: Angelo on January 16, 2021, 07:27:05 PM
Quote from: restorepride on January 16, 2021, 06:10:29 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 16, 2021, 02:56:01 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 16, 2021, 10:45:54 AM
Quote from: lenny on January 16, 2021, 10:01:36 AM
Jim and Harte will be remembered in 10/15 years time as the men who nearly destroyed football with their defensive crap. It's taken a great, skilful, resilient Dublin side to restore our faith in the beautiful game. Hopefully Kerry will return to their more attacking flair game and will provide with another great rivalry. I do think Tyrone will be a lot more attacking without Harte and they have some very good forwards also.

Yes, the game is so much more exciting now. Never been in a more healthy state.

Lenny is from Derry, they produce big agricultural footballers there so I'm not sure on why Lenny thinks he should be a spokesperson for what good attacking football should be. Derry have produced two good forwards in the past 30+ years and one of them was a Tyrone man.
Is that 35 years or less than that?

I'm just using 30+ years as a general term. Their AI winning team did not have any top class forwards. Some outstanding defenders and the best midfielder in the game at the time but a really ordinary forward line. Paddy Bradley and Muldoon were the only top level forwards Derry have produced in that time so I don't think Lenny is a person who knows what he is talking about when he mentions attacking football.

Derry have always been a team with a focus on size and defence unlike their neighbours Tyrone who have always produced players with attacking flair and inventive play.

Lol... and a goalkeeper taking their frees!!! You need to try harder Angelo!

GiveItToTheShooters

Jim and Harte will be remembered in 10/15 years time as the men who nearly destroyed football with their defensive crap. It's taken a great, skilful, resilient Dublin side to restore our faith in the beautiful game. Hopefully Kerry will return to their more attacking flair game and will provide with another great rivalry. I do think Tyrone will be a lot more attacking without Harte and they have some very good forwards also.

Lenny is from Derry, they produce big agricultural footballers there so I'm not sure on why Lenny thinks he should be a spokesperson for what good attacking football should be. Derry have produced two good forwards in the past 30+ years and one of them was a Tyrone man.

I'm just using 30+ years as a general term. Their AI winning team did not have any top class forwards. Some outstanding defenders and the best midfielder in the game at the time but a really ordinary forward line. Paddy Bradley and Muldoon were the only top level forwards Derry have produced in that time so I don't think Lenny is a person who knows what he is talking about when he mentions attacking football.

Derry have always been a team with a focus on size and defence unlike their neighbours Tyrone who have always produced players with attacking flair and inventive play.
Yet you were saying last week that young Canavan is too "slight" and doesn't have the size that you are bemoaning Derry for having now. More contradictions. And the past 10 years under harte, tyrone have done anything but be inventive and show attacking flair, and when they do dare to show it, its is trained out of them to conform to a methodical defensive snoozefest, so i don't think you are a person who knows what they're talking about when one mentions attacking football.

Angelo

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 17, 2021, 04:40:10 AM

Yet you were saying last week that young Canavan is too "slight" and doesn't have the size that you are bemoaning Derry for having now. More contradictions. And the past 10 years under harte, tyrone have done anything but be inventive and show attacking flair, and when they do dare to show it, its is trained out of them to conform to a methodical defensive snoozefest, so i don't think you are a person who knows what they're talking about when one mentions attacking football.

You seem to have a major issue with the truth.

I said nothing of the like, I said that we need to be careful with Canavan who is a young lad, with a slight frame just out of u20s and has lots of bulking up to do for senior football yet.

Canavan is young, small and has plenty of time on his side to develop physically. He has lots of competition this year and has already picked up a number of injuries in his young career. He has been managed very carefully so far at club and underage level so I hope we continue to do so rather than flog him like you are stating.

Thankfully we haven't had dinosaurs like you managing him yet.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: screenexile on January 16, 2021, 10:01:54 PM

Lol... and a goalkeeper taking their frees!!! You need to try harder Angelo!

That's just a lie. We've had Harte, McShane and McCurry over our frees in the past two seasons. McKenna took a few against Donegal too.

Like a lot of other counties, goalkeepers take the long range frees. Your beloved Dublin has Cluxton on frees for a number of years.

Classis Lenny though, can't help but contradict himself in order to fuel his bitterness.

To reaffirm my earlier point, Derry wouldn't know good attacking play if it jumped up and bit them on their arse.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 09:56:05 AM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 17, 2021, 04:40:10 AM

You seem to have a major issue with the truth.

I said nothing of the like, I said that we need to be careful with Canavan who is a young lad, with a slight frame just out of u20s and has lots of bulking up to do for senior football yet.

Canavan is young, small and has plenty of time on his side to develop physically. He has lots of competition this year and has already picked up a number of injuries in his young career. He has been managed very carefully so far at club and underage level so I hope we continue to do so rather than flog him like you are stating.

Thankfully we haven't had dinosaurs like you managing him yet.
Calling it the truth doesn't make it so.
You seem to have an issue with me pointing out your hypocritical remarks.
I see you ignored the second part of my post, not surprised.
On the first part, as I said you yapped about a player not having this size you are slating derry for having. By your logic, it is a stick to beat another county with, but anything goes for Tyrone, a notorious defensive team over the last 10 years, and not an inventive team with attacking flair. Your jibes don't make sense, nor do they add up as being consistent when picked apart.

Angelo

You're living in fantasy land as you ran away when you were made a fool of on this the last time but nice to see you align yourself with the likes of Lenny here.

We do need to mind going Canavan. Ronan O'Neill is a classic example of what can happen an underage star forward who is moved up to senior level goo quick and not properly handled on a physical level.

I think it was at the mention of O'Neill that you took for the gills last time around.

I think it would be wiser for not to project your own contradictions onto me.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 10:28:47 AM
You're living in fantasy land as you ran away when you were made a fool of on this the last time but nice to see you align yourself with the likes of Lenny here.

We do need to mind going Canavan. Ronan O'Neill is a classic example of what can happen an underage star forward who is moved up to senior level goo quick and not properly handled on a physical level.

I think it was at the mention of O'Neill that you took for the gills last time around.

You were the fool. I left you howling at the moon after you randomly mistaken me for another poster and I jumped all over it and caught you out. It was comedy gold. Therefore I said good luck and spared you the chance of further embarrassment as I'd already explained my points thoroughly, as you get on like a broken record and regurgitate the same thing post after post. I see that still irks at you.

But anyway back to the point. This was about your contradictory remark regarding size, that you used to beat another county with. You have now changed the subject to refer to a previous debate (because you have been caught as being a hypocrite), in which I thoroughly explained why canavan doesn't need to be minded. But you have been caught out and are back to projecting about a previous topic that has no relevance here.
You also claim to speak from some sort of pedestal of inventive attacking football, your county doesn't do that, and that it has been trained out of them as I said. You ignored this but funnily enough. So that is another moot point on your part.

Not sure what you're on about o neill, and for the record I'm not from derry, I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy yet again and your arguments that don't add up.

restorepride

Quote from: restorepride on January 16, 2021, 08:15:05 PM

You now have replaced 'good forwards' with 'top class forwards' - which is it?
Well?

Angelo

Quote from: restorepride on January 17, 2021, 11:49:26 AM

Well?

You're the one making the distinction.

Angelo

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 17, 2021, 10:38:46 AM

You were the fool. I left you howling at the moon after you randomly mistaken me for another poster and I jumped all over it and caught you out. It was comedy gold. Therefore I said good luck and spared you the chance of further embarrassment as I'd already explained my points thoroughly, as you get on like a broken record and regurgitate the same thing post after post. I see that still irks at you.

But anyway back to the point. This was about your contradictory remark regarding size, that you used to beat another county with. You have now changed the subject to refer to a previous debate (because you have been caught as being a hypocrite), in which I thoroughly explained why canavan doesn't need to be minded. But you have been caught out and are back to projecting about a previous topic that has no relevance here.
You also claim to speak from some sort of pedestal of inventive attacking football, your county doesn't do that, and that it has been trained out of them as I said. You ignored this but funnily enough. So that is another moot point on your part.

Not sure what you're on about o neill, and for the record I'm not from derry, I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy yet again and your arguments that don't add up.

Thoroughly explained?

Some revisionism there, what happened was you got caught talking out of your arse and ran away when I gave you countless examples of young lads who came through in Tyrone in recent years, were flogged, picked up a few bad injuries and didn't make an impact at senior county level. I have repeatedly stated that we need to be careful with Canavan, we need to patient with him and mind him. We have McCurry, Bradley, Brennan and McAliskey in the panel there this year, all much further down the road of their physical development. When you ran away the last time you did so on the provision that you don't think we need to be careful with our expectations and how we use a young player. I pointed out how on his Championship debut he had to be withdrawn after shipping a heavy knock.

You seem to be of the opinion we should not show any due care to a young talent like Canavan, we should attempt to curb expectations after one Championship experience and how we should not have to earn his sport against the likes of McCurry, McAliskey, Bradley and Brennan when those 5 players are effectively fighting it out for 2 positions.

It was at that point you ran off.

What I said on Derry is that they produce big lads with little attacking ability.

If you look at the elite level forwards about now - O'Callaghan, Kilkenny, Clifford, McManus, Murphy, McShane etc - they all have a real physical presence and real attacking ability. Derry don't produce players with attacking talent, they just produce big physical players.

Lenny wouldn't really know much about attacking football so I'm a bit puzzled that he is talking about that.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 12:55:07 PM

Thoroughly explained?

Some revisionism there, what happened was you got caught talking out of your arse and ran away when I gave you countless examples of young lads who came through in Tyrone in recent years, were flogged, picked up a few bad injuries and didn't make an impact at senior county level. I have repeatedly stated that we need to be careful with Canavan, we need to patient with him and mind him. We have McCurry, Bradley, Brennan and McAliskey in the panel there this year, all much further down the road of their physical development. When you ran away the last time you did so on the provision that you don't think we need to be careful with our expectations and how we use a young player. I pointed out how on his Championship debut he had to be withdrawn after shipping a heavy knock.

You seem to be of the opinion we should not show any due care to a young talent like Canavan, we should attempt to curb expectations after one Championship experience and how we should not have to earn his sport against the likes of McCurry, McAliskey, Bradley and Brennan when those 5 players are effectively fighting it out for 2 positions.

What I said on Derry is that they produce big lads with little attacking ability.

If you look at the elite level forwards about now - O'Callaghan, Kilkenny, Clifford, McManus, Murphy, McShane etc - they all have a real physical presence and real attacking ability. Derry don't produce players with attacking talent, they just produce big physical players.

Lenny wouldn't really know much about attacking football so I'm a bit puzzled that he is talking about that.
Yes, throughly explained. I explained why canavan didn't need to be minded and made a fool out of you and left you to howl at the wind after you accused me of saying something I didn't. You have no ability to debate which is why you regurgitate the same thing every post, and because you are bringing up a debate I already held you to account over. This is why you're attempting to deflect from the fact that you have been found out again in this debate with more hypocrisy about your supposed jibe about size of derry and attempting to speak from a position of knowledge about attacking football, whereas in actual fact you're from Tyrone, so you're not able to talk on that.
And now because you know you have been found out, you're doing it all again, going round in circles and bringing up past irrelevant points to mask the fact that you're out of your depth. And I find myself here again, like trying to talk to a child. So I'll probably have to bit you adieu again, because the only way idiots survive in a debate is to bring you down to their level.

restorepride

Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 12:45:52 PM

Well?

No - you wrote it, you replaced it and therefore made the distinction.

Angelo

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 17, 2021, 01:04:18 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 12:55:07 PM

Thoroughly explained?

Yes, throughly explained. I explained why canavan didn't need to be minded and made a fool out of you and left you to howl at the wind after you accused me of saying something I didn't. You have no ability to debate which is why you regurgitate the same thing every post, and because you are bringing up a debate I already held you to account over. This is why your attempting to deflect from the fact that you have been found out again in this debate with more hypocrisy about your supposed jibe about size of derry and attempting to speak from a position of knowledge about attacking football, whereas in actual fact you're from Tyrone, so you're not.
And now because you know you have been found out, you're doing it all again, going round in circles and bringing up past irrelevant points to mask the fact that you're out of your depth. And I find myself here again, like trying to talk to a child. So I'll probably have to bit you adieu again, because the only way idiots survive in an debate is to bring you down to their level.

More revisionism. You explained nothing. You ran away when you were found to be talking out of your arse.

Plenty of insults there but I have relayed to you why what you are stating is absurd and just like when you ran away the last time. You can't respond.

Ronan O'Neill suffered an ACL at the age of 19 and never delivered on his potential. We should be very careful in how we handle a talent like Canavan. You have some brass neck to say I'm out of my depth when you ran for the hills last time around and still refuse to respond to the points I have outlined.

Your whole post there has absolutely nothing of subtstance, it's full of fantasy events that happened in your head. You ran away the last time after you couldn't tackle the points. Once again you have failed to tackle the points. We should be careful with Canavan, we should be very patient with him. His club have been extremely patient and careful with him so far and they should be credited with that because sometimes promising young players are flogged in the younger days. He's a 20 year old lad and we need to be mindful of that.

But I will repeat that we should be grateful that we don't have dinosaurs like you anywhere near Darragh Canavan at present.

Angelo

Quote from: restorepride on January 17, 2021, 01:07:47 PM

Well?

I will repeat again that I have made no distinction between good and top class. You seem to be the only one doing that.

restorepride

Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2021, 01:10:41 PM
Quote from: restorepride on January 17, 2021, 01:07:47 PM

Well?

I will repeat again that I have made no distinction between good and top class. You seem to be the only one doing that.
I suspect that you realised your first comment was ridiculous and back-peddled.  Thought you were made of stronger stuff than that?