Nell Mc Cafferty on Mary Harney

Started by boojangles, March 12, 2010, 11:18:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

When being interviewed by Tom Dunne yesterday on Newstalk she came out with the worst kept secret in Ireland. Mary Harney is supposedly an alcoholic. Im looking for it on youtube but can't find it.

Denn Forever

Why did she feel the need to say anything about Mary Harney's private life?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Doogie Browser

Nell is a slabber of the highest order, no coincidence she is from Derry  ::)

boojangles

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 12, 2010, 11:23:31 AM

Because she is charge of running one of the biggest employers in this country.And she is making an absolute haims of it.If she has personal problems than maybe she should step aside,when she comes back from her sojourns in New Zealand.

haranguerer

:-X - thread title almost made me sick...

magpie seanie

Nell McCaffery is in my opinion one of the most odious pieces of work I've ever been exposed to. Her amazement at the committment of club players during her stint as a "Celebrity" Bainisteoir shows clearly how removed from reality this person is. I cannot understand why she is interviewed on radio/tv or any media. What has she done? What is she famous for?

I cannot stand Mary Harney either and it typical fashion it appears her lawyers were on the case if the grovelling apology aired this morning is anything to go by. Like Donal Óg's big revelation this is common knowlegde though there are amazingly a few around who haven't heard it.

Whether its true or not Mary Harney is unfit for office and should have been gone long ago. This is the most important point on this issue. The fact is our country is being run by fools who are afraid/incapable of tackling the Health issue and will let Orca do whatever she likes so long as they don't have to do it. She believes is a minimalist public health service with top quality care available if you pay for it. This public policy philosophy has never been discussed in this country yet without a mandate it is being implemented.

deiseach

Quote from: boojangles on March 12, 2010, 11:48:29 AM
Quote from: Denn Forever on March 12, 2010, 11:23:31 AM

Because she is charge of running one of the biggest employers in this country.And she is making an absolute haims of it.If she has personal problems than maybe she should step aside,when she comes back from her sojourns in New Zealand.

This is fair. It did for Charles Kennedy and he was only running a minor opposition party. But did you ever think it might not be true that Mary Harney is an alcoholic? While I quite like Nell, I wouldn't take many things she says at face value.

Shamrock Shore

Nell is famous for buying a few rubber johnnies in the early 70s and smaggling them Dine Site on the Condom train. And being shacked up with Nuala O'Faoilean.

That's about it. She's good for a quote but she not only crossed the line yesterday she left the feckin pitch and stadium.

Mary Harney should never have been reappointed by Biffo - he should have cleared her out of it. She was an effective minister in her time.....but that was well over 5 years ago.  If she has a drink problem she should be given time and space to deal with it privately - not as a cabinet minister in the most difficult times the country has seen since the dark auld days of the 80s

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: boojangles on March 12, 2010, 11:18:23 AM
When being interviewed by Tom Dunne yesterday on Newstalk she came out with the worst kept secret in Ireland. Mary Harney is supposedly an alcoholic. Im looking for it on youtube but can't find it.

Is that not like calling the Pot Kettle Black, remember seeing Nell stumble around Dublin a few times, the state of her.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 12, 2010, 03:16:26 PM

Is that not like calling the Pot Kettle Black, remember seeing Nell stumble around Dublin a few times, the state of her.

Yeah but Nell was just looking for some stray minge and not in charge of a government department  ;D

deiseach

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on March 12, 2010, 03:26:30 PM
Yeah but Nell was just looking for some stray minge and not in charge of a government department  ;D

Given the amount of booze that'll be required to obliterate that image from my memory, I'll be an alcoholic before long

5 Sams

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 12, 2010, 03:16:26 PM

Fcuk sake Geoff thats the computer screen destroyed with coffee!!
The Aristocrat Years

Celt_Man

ohh jaysus....  the imagery...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010