Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Pogbas cretin of agent coming out on the eve of Uniteds most important fixture of the season saying Pogba's been offered to Man City. Raiola who couldn't care less has undermined the club.  Unless Pogba comes out to speak against his agent I don't see him playing tomorrow.

Unwanted sideshow in very difficult assignment against a Leipzig side that have won everyone of their home matches this season and only conceded a handful of goals at home.

No Cavani, Martial as striker options is a blow. A back 5 that worked well away to PSG may be chosen again with Tuanzebe and Shaw back in the squad.

BennyCake

Pogba and his agent are pure poison. Feck off the two of ye!

pbat

I would love for United to have the balls to force Pogba to do every minute of his contract and for the next 2 years threat him like Romero is being treated, Train alone or with youth teams etc. Yes I know it going to cost a fortune to do it but might show these pricks of agents they are not to be F**ked with.

magpie seanie

Realistically, how much game time would he get at City?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 07, 2020, 08:05:17 PM
Realistically, how much game time would he get at City?

Raiola will likely get him a contract that guarantees starts unless injured. Manchester United should have the sense to not deal with this agent again.

Capt Pat

Quote from: pbat on December 07, 2020, 07:03:19 PM
I would love for United to have the balls to force Pogba to do every minute of his contract and for the next 2 years threat him like Romero is being treated, Train alone or with youth teams etc. Yes I know it going to cost a fortune to do it but might show these pricks of agents they are not to be F**ked with.

No they should end their association with Pogba and the agent as soon as possible. Pogba for whatever reason has not delivered consistently enough for United. He has the talent but not the drive to succeed. He is an expensive asset and apart from a few highlights like his goal at the weekend has held the club back.

nrico2006

Pogba has been a major flop for United, had a handful of good games but never had a run if excellent form. All the talent in the world but hasn't the right attitude. Even his world cup impact is exaggerated.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

NAG1

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 07, 2020, 11:11:50 PM
Pogba has been a major flop for United, had a handful of good games but never had a run if excellent form. All the talent in the world but hasn't the right attitude. Even his world cup impact is exaggerated.

Think we have to give him the WC performances, he was a different player to the one United fans see. He knew this was a shop window at that point and he was trying to engineer a move then too.

Truth is the longer he hangs around with Bruno out performing him in every aspect of a MF's game the more damaging it is to him.

This will test Ole, two ways to use it I suppose, stick him in the team for a run of games and see how he does sink or swim. Or fire him in the reserves and let him rot to the end of his contract. (Business heads in the club would have a freak attack at this option)

magpie seanie

He's a talented player but you have to construct your team around him, i.e. the rest of the team cover off his mistakes. France seemed to have done that in the WC. In the EPL he seems to be a target for opponents....they know there's a mistake in him and usually force it.

Bottom line is he doesn't have the workrate or discipline for this team. I couldn't see how Guardiola would use him or want him. He needs to go back to Italy I think. I was one who wanted to give him more chances than most but time is well and truly up now. I understand why Ole tried to make it work - a signal of intent to the youth/academy section. "If you're one of us you'll get your chance..." sort of thing. A few that came through the system were let go prematurely perhaps and are solid performers for good EPL sides so maybe that was part of his plan. Anyway - it's time to end the Pogba circus.

As for tonight - very tough tie and I guess it depends on United. We kind of know what we'll get from RB Leipzig. Think United will have to defend well first and foremost and you'd alsways fancy them to get one on the break with the forward talent available. I'd like if Cavani was playing but that's not to be. Rashford might go through the middle and will have to work very hard.

BennyCake

Is it just me, or has the Champions League become total drivel?

Maybe my interest has waned since it's not on ITV anymore, but the last few seasons I really couldn't give two shites about it.

It's just become too big, with too many teams, with dozens of meaningless group matches with teams I've never even heard of.

Maroon Manc

He's been a huge disappointment, probably one period when Ole first got the job where he looked the part but given the ability he's got Pogba is just a joke. We don't see enough of him going forward and he's a complete liability defensively, no idea why any top club would want him.

Get rid on loan with an obligation to buy in the summer or give Juve 18 months to begin payments on him but United have to get rid of him immediately and replace him given how big a distraction he'll become.

Boycey

Can't believe none of the media outlets have touted a swap with him and Ronaldo yet....

My tuppence worth, a supremely talented player but not someone you want in the trenches with you where United have been in recent years....

Fergie was right aout his agent, a shitbag.... If Pogba doesn't distance himself from ur man's quotes yesterday they shouldn't be letting him tog out tonight...

OgraAnDun

I think Pogba needs a world class CDM alongside him in that two man pivot to protect the back 4 and cover for his defensive frailties and knack of getting caught a few times each game in the high press (which he seems to be immune to further up the pitch). When opponents stifle space for Bruno between their midfield and defence (as PSG did last week) then Pogba's passing range is needed as a second creative outlet for United - you can press Pogba or take up Bruno's space, but not both. I'm surprised he didn't replace Fred at half time against PSG actually to open up space for Bruno.

However, unless he distances himself from his agents comments today then I'd be happy to never see him play or train for United again, and maybe Raiola would learn not to make a mockery of the club when his star asset has been training with the U23s for 18 months at his prime.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: OgraAnDun on December 08, 2020, 11:27:16 AM
I think Pogba needs a world class CDM alongside him in that two man pivot to protect the back 4 and cover for his defensive frailties and knack of getting caught a few times each game in the high press (which he seems to be immune to further up the pitch). When opponents stifle space for Bruno between their midfield and defence (as PSG did last week) then Pogba's passing range is needed as a second creative outlet for United - you can press Pogba or take up Bruno's space, but not both. I'm surprised he didn't replace Fred at half time against PSG actually to open up space for Bruno.

However, unless he distances himself from his agents comments today then I'd be happy to never see him play or train for United again, and maybe Raiola would learn not to make a mockery of the club when his star asset has been training with the U23s for 18 months at his prime.

He is Erling Haalands agent.

Pogba is small fry compared to what he's going to command very soon.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 08, 2020, 11:31:48 AM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on December 08, 2020, 11:27:16 AM

He is Erling Haalands agent.

Pogba is small fry compared to what he's going to command very soon.

Don't think Pogba could ever be considered small fry but otherwise good point.