Hamas attack Israel & subsequent genocide

Started by bennydorano, October 07, 2023, 09:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snapchap

Quote from: Itchy on February 09, 2024, 05:51:30 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on February 09, 2024, 02:02:42 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 09, 2024, 01:58:09 PMYeah I think to vilify the players is wrong. There is already stuff on social media trying to get to them all and paint them as anti semites etc etc.

Very difficult situation. From what I read not to fulfill this fixture was a huge fine. A fine that could nearly have bankrupt basketball ireland. A lot of people put in a very difficult position.
I'd say a go fund me would have paid that fine within a couple of hours.

They could have walked onto the court and sat down. Still fulfilled the fixture. Anyway, it's not the players it's the administration.

Administration could have taken the decision out of the players hands, but they players are all adults capable of making their own choice. Respect to the five who made the choice to stay at home.

yellowcard

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 09, 2024, 02:30:52 PMhttps://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/basketball/68226819

Impossible position. Brolly's post is very unfair - personalising just like he did on RTE and never learns.

It's hypocritical for Brolly to criticise the women basketball players but yet fail to criticise SF for attending the St Patrick's day celebrations in the White House. In an ideal world they all would have boycotted the fixture but not every individual will have the moral fibre or thickness of skin of a James McClean where principals come before self interest.

Joe has just become a propagandist like a lot of other twitteratti where the truth doesn't really matter any more. I would agree with a lot of what he says on the genocide but he has become so prejudiced and repetitive on a lot of issues that it's getting boring. It's his delivery and personal attacks that have sometimes overshadowed his opinions which can be quite valid a lot of the time. He has become a more intelligent version of Jamie Bryson and he really should be better than that.

Main Street

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 09, 2024, 07:02:25 AM
Quote from: ONeill on February 08, 2024, 11:04:41 PMThe German mindset in all of this is interesting and complex.

FC St Pauli has taken some hit, supporters-wise internationally.

https://fcspsouthendscum.wordpress.com/2023/10/16/the-end-of-the-road/

https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2024/1/7/why-is-germany-so-viciously-anti-palestinian

I've been very disappointed by St Pauli to be honest.
Are you disappointed by this extract from the St.Pauli fan's reply to the board, referring to the emboldened bit

We are St. Pauli supporters, we are all antifascist and antiracist. We are against occupation, imperialism and colonialism. We refuse to side with them. We support the right of the Palestinian people to self-defense and self-determination. We want peace in the Middle East as much as you do, but we know very well who wants war.

Equally we condemn the religious fundamentalism, human rights abuses and indescribable brutality of the Hamas régime, we share nothing more with these people than we share with the Netanyahu régime. We don't stand with Hamas, we actually despise them, Hamas is simply the sad result of the policies enforced in the Palestinian land, we stand with the Palestinian people, the ones being bombed again with phosphorus bombs these days...

seafoid

Quote from: weareros on February 09, 2024, 03:28:23 PMWill be interesting to see if FAI come under same pressure for the U-17 game coming up against Israel on Feb 23. And we'll be competing against Israeli athletes in Olympics? Should we be boycotting?

The Israeli team were a disgrace and should face big fines. The Irish women were indeed put in an impossible situation. We'll see if FAI face the same pressure.
The longer the killings continue the more Israel will be ostracised. It's a bit like the thing with banks and debt. If you owe the bank a small amount of money it's your problem. If you owe them a huge amount of money it is their problem. It is the same with political dissent. If it is just Ireland FIBA can come down hard but if it's 10 countries FIBA has a problem.

Itchy

Quote from: Main Street on February 10, 2024, 12:21:44 AM
Quote from: ONeill on February 08, 2024, 11:04:41 PMThe German mindset in all of this is interesting and complex.

https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2024/1/7/why-is-germany-so-viciously-anti-palestinian

Are you disappointed by this extract from the St.Pauli fan's reply to the board, referring to the emboldened bit

We are St. Pauli supporters, we are all antifascist and antiracist. We are against occupation, imperialism and colonialism. We refuse to side with them. We support the right of the Palestinian people to self-defense and self-determination. We want peace in the Middle East as much as you do, but we know very well who wants war.

Equally we condemn the religious fundamentalism, human rights abuses and indescribable brutality of the Hamas régime, we share nothing more with these people than we share with the Netanyahu régime. We don't stand with Hamas, we actually despise them, Hamas is simply the sad result of the policies enforced in the Palestinian land, we stand with the Palestinian people, the ones being bombed again with phosphorus bombs these days...

I wonder what form of resistance St Pauli supporters would find acceptable from Palestinians. A strongly worded letter perhaps, a petition maybe. If only the allies had of thought of that when fighting the Nazis. Get off the f**king fence St Pauli.

Itchy

tonto1888

Quote from: Main Street on February 10, 2024, 12:21:44 AM

As I said, I've been disappointed by St Pauli.

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on February 09, 2024, 09:54:42 AM
Quote from: seafoid on February 08, 2024, 10:04:10 PM
Quote from: ThomasMullan on February 08, 2024, 08:16:21 PM
QuoteIt is usually about timing. Saudi Arabia was about to sign an agreement recognising Israel and sidelining the Palestinian issue. This is why Hamas acted on Oct 7. They wanted to put Palestine back on the agenda by revealing the dark heart of Israel to the world. And they did it. Israel cannot stop itself. Hamas knew that.

If that was the plan I think they may have miscalculated just how far the Israelis would go as a reaction. It's obvious their plan is to completely destroy Gaza, making it uninhabitable.

Gaza will be rebuilt. There will be an economic boom while it happens. That is how war works.

I must have missed the Economic boom in Syria and Iraq.
The Anglo Celt's economics department must have been sloppy recently 
https://www.worldbank.org/en/country/iraq/overview
The turnaround in oil markets has significantly improved Iraq's economic outlook in the medium term. Overall growth in 2022 is now forecast at 8.9% as OPEC+ quotas end, and Iraq's production surpasses its pre‑pandemic level of 4.6 million barrels per day.

Denn Forever

Should we cavan people be offededd?

Don'd you know us?   NEVER trust banks.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

seafoid

Israel had a window , driven by public sympathy for the 7 October, (ignoring how many of its own people Israel had murdered ) before public opinion turned against it.

The US presidential race, assuming the 2 old geezers run, has very little in the way of margins and progressive disgust at Israel's savagery could hurt Biden in swing states so the Yanks seem to have told Israel that time is almost up.

marty34

Quote from: seafoid on February 11, 2024, 06:36:01 PMIsrael had a window , driven by public sympathy for the 7 October, (ignoring how many of its own people Israel had murdered ) before public opinion turned against it.

The US presidential race, assuming the 2 old geezers run, has very little in the way of margins and progressive disgust at Israel's savagery could hurt Biden in swing states so the Yanks seem to have told Israel that time is almost up.

Public opinion isn't turning against them.

They are, and can do what they like.

They don't care about public opinion, Europe, America or anybody.

imtommygunn

Public opinion hasn't turned that far against them. Enough propaganda to ensure there isn't much more turn against the. I don't think it matters anyway - untouchable.

Armagh18

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 11, 2024, 07:16:20 PMPublic opinion hasn't turned that far against them. Enough propaganda to ensure there isn't much more turn against the. I don't think it matters anyway - untouchable.
Sure look at the Irish basketball players- you can't say or do anything against them murdering children or you're an anti semite

imtommygunn

So they're now bombing Rafah despite being warned. Operation obliterate everything is nearly complete  >:(

trailer

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 11, 2024, 07:38:14 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 11, 2024, 07:16:20 PMPublic opinion hasn't turned that far against them. Enough propaganda to ensure there isn't much more turn against the. I don't think it matters anyway - untouchable.
Sure look at the Irish basketball players- you can't say or do anything against them murdering children or you're an anti semite

One thing for sure is it flushed out the Israeli supporting arseholes in Ireland. Peter Casey being no.1 the f**king Donegal w**ker.