Hamas attack Israel & subsequent genocide

Started by bennydorano, October 07, 2023, 09:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Very interesting that the 2 countries- both ex British Empire ( one not completely) both the subject of rancid ethnocracy- that will not cash Israel's cheques are South Africa and Ireland. The Croppies and Watty would be proud of us.   

Milltown Row2

While its great that countries are 'taking a stand' over Israel's deplorable attacks, genocide and displacement, current South Africa is one country that is a total basket case, and giving advice (while welcomed) would be looked at with a wry smile from the international communities
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hound

Comments by Tánaiste Martin in the last 24 hours:

- there is an urgent need for an immediate humanitarian ceasefire in Gaza
- there should be an unconditional release of all hostages
- there needs to be urgent safe and unhindered humanitarian access into the enclave
- long-term peace in the region can only be achieved through a commitment to a two-state solution
- recent comments by Israeli government ministers calling for the resettlement of Palestinians outside of Gaza are utterly unacceptable and inflammatory
- Gaza is Palestinian land and is an integral part of a future state of Palestine

Extremists on both sides won't be happy and Benjamin may even give us another shoutout, but good to see our government being more outspoken than most in the EU. 'Utterly unacceptable' is strong words and we are pushing in the background for a stronger EU stance, which has been extremely weak to date. The fear of saying something that might be re-cast as being anti-Semitic is a weapon Israel use to great effect.

PadraicHenryPearse

Who are the extremists on both sides you refer too?

Itchy

Quote from: Hound on January 06, 2024, 09:51:26 AMComments by Tánaiste Martin in the last 24 hours:

- there needs to be urgent safe and unhindered humanitarian access into the enclave
- long-term peace in the region can only be achieved through a commitment to a two-state solution
- recent comments by Israeli government ministers calling for the resettlement of Palestinians outside of Gaza are utterly unacceptable and inflammatory
- Gaza is Palestinian land and is an integral part of a future state of Palestine

Extremists on both sides won't be happy and Benjamin may even give us another shoutout, but good to see our government being more outspoken than most in the EU. 'Utterly unacceptable' is strong words and we are pushing in the background for a stronger EU stance, which has been extremely weak to date. The fear of saying something that might be re-cast as being anti-Semitic is a weapon Israel use to great effect.

20k deaths too late. That's pathetic. Martin is famous as a fence sitter, he waits to see what way the wind blows and then he jumps in. The man is a weakling with no principles. I actually have more time for Varadkar than him. Nothing he has said has ever impressed me.

Of course he could publically back South Africa's referral to the ICC then I would be impressed, but of course he hasn't the balls to do that.

Rossfan

War Criminal Netanyahu and his thug Government won't pass any heed of what our leaders say.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Denn Forever

Palestinians to Rwanda?  Thoughts
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

PadraicHenryPearse

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Itchy on January 06, 2024, 10:47:40 AM
Quote from: Hound on January 06, 2024, 09:51:26 AMComments by Tánaiste Martin in the last 24 hours:

20k deaths too late. That's pathetic. Martin is famous as a fence sitter, he waits to see what way the wind blows and then he jumps in. The man is a weakling with no principles. I actually have more time for Varadkar than him. Nothing he has said has ever impressed me.

Of course he could publically back South Africa's referral to the ICC then I would be impressed, but of course he hasn't the balls to do that.

+1
One of the most deplorable things was Martin visiting the kabutz with Israel officials and refusing to condemn the bombing.
He's our Ritchie Sunak in respect of " couldn't care less what my electorate thinks". One thing about this whole sorry mess including oct the 7th is that political systems now protect these leaches when they reach office from the very people that put them there.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Hound

Quote from: Rossfan on January 06, 2024, 11:57:17 AMWar Criminal Netanyahu and his thug Government won't pass any heed of what our leaders say.
Well that's for sure. But Israel consider Ireland the least sympathetic to their cause in the EU, and Varadker, Martin and Michael D are ensuring that continues. 

seafoid

Quote from: Hound on January 06, 2024, 01:36:05 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 06, 2024, 11:57:17 AMWar Criminal Netanyahu and his thug Government won't pass any heed of what our leaders say.
Well that's for sure. But Israel consider Ireland the least sympathetic to their cause in the EU, and Varadker, Martin and Michael D are ensuring that continues. 
If you travel around Ireland and look at buildings from the Middle Ages many are in ruins, having been destroyed by the English. Very similar to what the Israelis do now in Gaza.
Sociopaths.

This place always shocks me when I see it
https://mayo.me/2015/09/12/story-behind-augustinian-abbey-in-ballina/

Itchy

It was sweet to see "Christian" Mike Pence over in Israel writing messages on American made bombs that'll be dropped on Gaza civilians. The land of the free indeed.

Itchy

Maybe not all US politicians have lost their morals. This is considered an "extraordinary" intervention from Chas Freeman, former Assistant Secretary of Defense and former US Ambassador to Saudi Arabia. To everyone with half a brain it's a pretty straight forward position.

https://youtu.be/SHwyquMunWM?si=o3IcDeQVddcThPOC