2019 USFC SF Dún na nGall vs Tír Eoghain, Breffni, Saturday 8th June @5pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, May 26, 2019, 09:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Usual suspects lying in wait to express their outrage obviously get an axe to grind.... at least one poster obiviously has a rather petty personal gripe laughable but unsurprising.

Blaming mickey harte for this  ;D Cant believe that no one has uncovered there was a compulsory course for eye gouging at thedark arts academy yet  ::)

The incident is there for all to see...the kick was collateral from mchughs push...there was no eye gouge....there was no fish hook. There was a hand around the face for which he has a case to answer and there was fingers in the mouth tho how deliberately they got there is questionable, I'm not even sure McCann could see where that hand was

Insane Bolt

As a neutral I thought McCann had killed someone....going by the rants on here.....sweet Fcuk....thank god there were no cameras about in my day...I'd be doing jail.
Don't know why he stuck his finger in your mans mouth.....stamp was accidental in my opinion....no pressure....no malice.......but have to say if an opponent had stuck his finger in my mouth....he would be A....minus a finger....or B....have a size 12 stuck up his hole.
Mc Cann will have better moments....but cut the crap.

trueblue1234

Quote from: BennyCake on June 09, 2019, 12:34:19 PM
Quote from: marty34 on June 09, 2019, 11:26:13 AM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on June 09, 2019, 08:36:02 AM
Quote from: moysider on June 09, 2019, 01:24:17 AM
Quote from: Look-Up! on June 09, 2019, 12:24:09 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on June 08, 2019, 11:36:08 PM
Watching the game on tv you would hope that will be Tiernan McCann's last game this summer. To stamp on someone like he did is s**t housery of the highest order. Delighted to see him go off injured. Karma is a bitch!!

All the years that Tyrone played with 13/14 men behind the ball means their defenders have no experience in man on man defending. Tyrone were all over the place defensively. Donegal the better team and well worth the win

Very nasty incident and no excuse. I'm sure he's ashamed of himself afterwards and the media attention that it will get will not be nice for him or his family to deal with but there is no place on a football field for that type of act. Harte has stood by him in the past for a different type of high profile incident but he really let his manager and teammates down today. I think for his own good and for the good of his team Harte should drop him from the panel for this year. He's an important player to them but discipline in a team is very important and a precedent and example should be shown to the panel. I'm sure he's a good lad but some standards need to be set within a panel and there's some lines when crossed cannot be excused with a "rush of blood to the head". And regardless of the white heat of battle there must be some modicum of respect to opposition players. Thankfully no real damage done to Donegal lad but these type of incidents getting too common.
I don't get his importance? I understand why a team would want to have Diarmuid Connolly and the bit of madness that goes with him. McCann ???? Not worth the trouble. 

His worth has been reduced by the change to man marking. He came to prominence with the ultra blanket defence where he was protected by the swarm and had the speed to break on the counter. This was aided by the opposition backing off into a defensive formation.

His exposure began with Dublin games when man marking was important and he had to rely on his own ability and skill with little or no cover. Yesterday, he was exposed again, just watch the lead up to the incident and see his level of frustration unable to handle speed and evasion of the Donegal player. Then when the swarm put the man down, savage instincts took over.

You have to wonder what type of sportsman engages in the repugnant behaviour that all observed when the victim had done nothing other than embarrass his opponent's lack of skill, speed and agility. No level of frustration could begin to justify the actions.

What will be the manager's reaction and how public will it be?

Will the GAA virtually condone this behaviour with the application of a single match ban when it was nothing less than common assault?

A test for manager and authorities that neither can afford to fail.

Sad to see football stooping so low.

I find it ironic that Mickey Harte, who does sterling work in schools etc.   in regards to moral issues, has always 'allowed' Tyrone players to do things like Mc Cann's carry on yesterday - it goes back further with loads of examples.  Yet, he does nothing about them for all the moral preaching elsewhere.

You think he'd say to his players, like he does in schools and youth organisations, where he talks excellently about good values, to cut out these serious nasty elements of Tyrone's games. 

Every player in a team can see the red mist at different times but this incident was beyond crazy.  Mc Cann will obviously take serious stick for this and rightly so, but he has form re 'hairgate' but Mickey needs to say to hid panel, cut out the bad press for their panel.

Oisin McConville agreed yesterday that Mickey Harte should, and will, condemn McCann's antics. I thought to myself, don't count on it.

Have we ever seen Harte publicly speak out on his teams antics?
I just hope he has the sense not to appeal it if the do take action. That would definitely look like he condoned it. 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

under the bar

Quote from: trailer on June 09, 2019, 04:10:51 PM
Don't underestimate Harte. He's a right wing conservative. That demographic typically love violence.

How much have you had to drink today? ;D

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: trailer on June 09, 2019, 12:15:05 PM
RE: McCann incident. Mickey Harte has form in sending teams out to play like this, going back to his days of managing Errigal Ciaran. I wouldn't be surprised if he sent McCann out with specific instructions to do what he did.
There can be no excuse for those actions and I can't fathom why anyone would try to defend them.

Mickey Harte is being attacked to some extent by Tyrone posters in relation to this action by McCann.

The fault in this assault lies only with McCann. He was never sent out at any time or game by Harte to behave in this manner or to injure another player. To claim any different is libellous.

JoG2

Anyone know when the televised games appear on the iPlayer? Thanks

under the bar

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on June 09, 2019, 05:32:53 PM
RE: McCann incident. Mickey Harte has form in sending teams out to play like this, going back to his days of managing Errigal Ciaran. I wouldn't be surprised if he sent McCann out with specific instructions to do what he did.
There can be no excuse for those actions and I can't fathom why anyone would try to defend them.

Mickey Harte is being attacked to some extent by Tyrone posters in relation to this action by McCann.

The fault in this assault lies only with McCann. He was never sent out at any time or game by Harte to behave in this manner or to injure another player. To claim any different is libellous.

Trailer doesn't get libel as he's sub-minimal level of intelligence to have an relevant opinion.  ;D

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: under the bar on June 09, 2019, 05:47:12 PM

Trailer doesn't get libel as he's sub-minimal level of intelligence to have an relevant opinion.  ;D

He and others are bringing the Board into the possibility of libel action and the Mods should be taking action.

But it's just the usual critics without the courage to use their own names and hiding behind their pseudonyms while defending the indefensible, spouting the usual whataboutery or just plainly libelling others.

J70

Quote from: Angelo on June 09, 2019, 03:29:33 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 09, 2019, 03:16:56 PM
Quote from: clarshack on June 09, 2019, 02:42:48 PM
Just saw the McCann incident. While it's not good I think there's been a complete over reaction to it.

What he did has no place in the game whatsoever and he should be ashamed of himself.

Players should be severely punished for that type of shit and they're not.

There is too much tolerance for it because no gets seriously hurt, at least so far.

How about a code of conduct to foster sportsmanship? Usually this sneaky, nasty shit is done to provoke the opponent.

From my own county, Neil McGee missed one league game that time he bent back the Kerry forward's fingers. Not very harmful, but the purpose was to provoke a violent reaction which was, of course, what it did.

Paddy Campbell all those years ago grabbing Enda Muldoon by the balls to get a reaction.

It's about time the GAA started coming down hard on these lads.

I agree with O'Rourke on the "manliness" issue.

Not really that manly to sucker punch an opposition player to the ear from behind like O'Rourke boasts about in his book. He's some man to talk considering the type of player he was and the type of team he played for.

That may be so, but he is absolutely correct that there is nothing courageous about the sneaky, nasty shit illustrated by McCann yesterday.

SouthDublinBro

Take Murphy out of that Donegal team and I don't think they are up to much. Would agree with Brolly that he is the best player of the last 10 years.

under the bar

Quote from: J70 on June 09, 2019, 06:03:33 PM
Quote from: Angelo on June 09, 2019, 03:29:33 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 09, 2019, 03:16:56 PM
Quote from: clarshack on June 09, 2019, 02:42:48 PM
Just saw the McCann incident. While it's not good I think there's been a complete over reaction to it.

What he did has no place in the game whatsoever and he should be ashamed of himself.

Players should be severely punished for that type of shit and they're not.

There is too much tolerance for it because no gets seriously hurt, at least so far.

How about a code of conduct to foster sportsmanship? Usually this sneaky, nasty shit is done to provoke the opponent.

From my own county, Neil McGee missed one league game that time he bent back the Kerry forward's fingers. Not very harmful, but the purpose was to provoke a violent reaction which was, of course, what it did.

Paddy Campbell all those years ago grabbing Enda Muldoon by the balls to get a reaction.

It's about time the GAA started coming down hard on these lads.

I agree with O'Rourke on the "manliness" issue.

Not really that manly to sucker punch an opposition player to the ear from behind like O'Rourke boasts about in his book. He's some man to talk considering the type of player he was and the type of team he played for.

That may be so, but he is absolutely correct that there is nothing courageous about the sneaky, nasty shit illustrated by McCann yesterday.
Absolutely no place for what McCann did or Donaghy last week.  All such acts should be highlighted and appropriate action taken.  Absolutely sick of lick-spittles like O'Rourke & Brolly who don't even comment when Dublin or Meath players carry out such acts but call for strong action when it's Tyrone. Then you have the likes of  Ciaran Whelan who was the epitome of thuggery  chipping in from the side.  Complete joke.

trailer

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on June 09, 2019, 05:53:17 PM

He and others are bringing the Board into the possibility of libel action and the Mods should be taking action.

But it's just the usual critics without the courage to use their own names and hiding behind their pseudonyms while defending the indefensible, spouting the usual whataboutery or just plainly libelling others.

Take a shot a the king, you'd better not miss.
I never libelled anyone and to suggest otherwise is libellous. 

trailer

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on June 09, 2019, 05:53:17 PM

Says you who hid behind a pseudonym for years. And now you're a retired teacher on hefty pension no matter what! (paid by the taxpayer!!)
Michael Gove wouldn't have a look in for hypocrisy when you're around.

RedHand88

I'm sure the social media outrage brigade are just as horrified at Fermanaghs antics today, they are just keeping it to themselves.

J70

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 09, 2019, 06:57:41 PM
I'm sure the social media outrage brigade are just as horrified at Fermanaghs antics today, they are just keeping it to themselves.

What happened?