2019 USFC SF Dún na nGall vs Tír Eoghain, Breffni, Saturday 8th June @5pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, May 26, 2019, 09:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: ONeill on June 08, 2019, 11:20:09 PM

Although, McNamee did a decent job on McBrearty.

Yes to be fair to McNamee, McBrearty was very quiet.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

In hiding

Today was poor alright.
Richie Donnelly after a good couple of games had one he'd rather forget. Mattie was ineffective, colm cavanagh after 5 or 6 excellent years is nearing the end.
There were some positives though, Mc Geary is a leader, in the second half when we pushed up on their kickouts we showed a bit more fight. Mc Shane will be a good full forward.
Some people are saying Tyrone can't beat the top teams playing man to man. We couldn't beat them playing with a blanket ffs.
Be brave Mickey (not that you'll be reading this), stick with the way we tried to play in the second half, it's not gonna be perfect against the first quality team you play.
And in Eoin ban Gallagher, Ryan Mc Hugh, Jamie Brennan and a few others, Donegal have real quality

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

dublin7

Watching the game on tv you would hope that will be Tiernan McCann's last game this summer. To stamp on someone like he did is s**t housery of the highest order. Delighted to see him go off injured. Karma is a bitch!!

All the years that Tyrone played with 13/14 men behind the ball means their defenders have no experience in man on man defending. Tyrone were all over the place defensively. Donegal the better team and well worth the win

trueblue1234

Depressing stuff today. Don't have the will or the want to start dissecting it all.
Couple of main points,

McCann deserves a lengthy ban but won't get it.
Thought the Harte BC looked harsh (and the mixed support around me felt the same) but will wait to see the reply on tv.
Donegal keeper was fantastic with kick outs. But Donegal were showing much better than Tyrone and made it easier.
McCurry looked strong when he came on.
Cavanagh can't play as an orthodox MF. Legs are gone and was left chasing shadows.
Our tackling is terrible and we are not in a position to play without a sweeper. The amount of mistimed lazy shoulders/ high tackles was crazy.

Poor day at the office. But fair play Donegal, strong performance. And fans really seemed to enjoy it. Tyrone badly outnumbered.
Things aren't as bad as they'll be made out in the next few days. Overreactions are the usual order of the day after a defeat. Mickey got a lot of work to do if we're to make it to the S8's. but still expect to be there. (Maybe that's being optimistic but someone has to be!!)
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Look-Up!

Quote from: dublin7 on June 08, 2019, 11:36:08 PM
Watching the game on tv you would hope that will be Tiernan McCann's last game this summer. To stamp on someone like he did is s**t housery of the highest order. Delighted to see him go off injured. Karma is a bitch!!

All the years that Tyrone played with 13/14 men behind the ball means their defenders have no experience in man on man defending. Tyrone were all over the place defensively. Donegal the better team and well worth the win

Very nasty incident and no excuse. I'm sure he's ashamed of himself afterwards and the media attention that it will get will not be nice for him or his family to deal with but there is no place on a football field for that type of act. Harte has stood by him in the past for a different type of high profile incident but he really let his manager and teammates down today. I think for his own good and for the good of his team Harte should drop him from the panel for this year. He's an important player to them but discipline in a team is very important and a precedent and example should be shown to the panel. I'm sure he's a good lad but some standards need to be set within a panel and there's some lines when crossed cannot be excused with a "rush of blood to the head". And regardless of the white heat of battle there must be some modicum of respect to opposition players. Thankfully no real damage done to Donegal lad but these type of incidents getting too common.   

moysider

Quote from: Look-Up! on June 09, 2019, 12:24:09 AM

Very nasty incident and no excuse. I'm sure he's ashamed of himself afterwards and the media attention that it will get will not be nice for him or his family to deal with but there is no place on a football field for that type of act. Harte has stood by him in the past for a different type of high profile incident but he really let his manager and teammates down today. I think for his own good and for the good of his team Harte should drop him from the panel for this year. He's an important player to them but discipline in a team is very important and a precedent and example should be shown to the panel. I'm sure he's a good lad but some standards need to be set within a panel and there's some lines when crossed cannot be excused with a "rush of blood to the head". And regardless of the white heat of battle there must be some modicum of respect to opposition players. Thankfully no real damage done to Donegal lad but these type of incidents getting too common.

I don't get his importance? I understand why a team would want to have Diarmuid Connolly and the bit of madness that goes with him. McCann ???? Not worth the trouble. 

moysider

Quote from: clarshack on June 08, 2019, 11:02:48 PM
Probably depends on who we draw tbh. Derry, Monaghan or Fermanagh would still get the Tyrone support out in the next round. Unlikely with the rest of the teams. Mayo v Tyrone in Castlebar in the round after that would be some game.

Ah yes. Mayo in Castlebar. Of course Mayo are the team that can make the opposition feel good again about themselves after a hard fall. Mayo always give a team a slingshot back into things and after the Roscommon disaster, I cant see things changing now. Tyrone today were better than Mayo were against Roscommon - obviously. 

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: moysider on June 09, 2019, 01:24:17 AM
Quote from: Look-Up! on June 09, 2019, 12:24:09 AM

I don't get his importance? I understand why a team would want to have Diarmuid Connolly and the bit of madness that goes with him. McCann ???? Not worth the trouble. 

His worth has been reduced by the change to man marking. He came to prominence with the ultra blanket defence where he was protected by the swarm and had the speed to break on the counter. This was aided by the opposition backing off into a defensive formation.

His exposure began with Dublin games when man marking was important and he had to rely on his own ability and skill with little or no cover. Yesterday, he was exposed again, just watch the lead up to the incident and see his level of frustration unable to handle speed and evasion of the Donegal player. Then when the swarm put the man down, savage instincts took over.

You have to wonder what type of sportsman engages in the repugnant behaviour that all observed when the victim had done nothing other than embarrass his opponent's lack of skill, speed and agility. No level of frustration could begin to justify the actions.

What will be the manager's reaction and how public will it be?

Will the GAA virtually condone this behaviour with the application of a single match ban when it was nothing less than common assault?

A test for manager and authorities that neither can afford to fail.

Sad to see football stooping so low.

clarshack

What minute was the McCann incident? Have it recorded so want to judge it myself.

David McKeown

Whilst the McCann incident was disgraceful and I'm not downplaying the first part of it, I don't think he deliberately stamped on his opponents neck. He deserves a lengthy ban for having his fingers in the Donegal players mouth but after that I genuinely think he was pushed and lost his balance rather than he tried to stamp.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

omaghjoe

On McCann incident... defo did not kick on head that was was down to mchugh pushing mccann.
Not sure what his hands were doin around the face shouldnt been there but it was not an eye gouge and was not a fish hook...his fingers were closed. Hands shouldnt have been up there tho it happened very fast.

Brolly rabbitting on about the brendan rodgers incident again which was clearly accidental. And how is anyone gonna rip out a man's teeth and gums with his fingers I'll never know :) Coming out with shite like that boy is gonna get what is coming to him is dangerous talk. O, Rouke and his manliness  ::)
CCcc will spring to action now tho since the tail has wagged it.

Hound

oakleaf93

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 09, 2019, 09:20:29 AM
On McCann incident... defo did not kick on head that was was down to mchugh pushing mccann.
Not sure what his hands were doin around the face shouldnt been there but it was not an eye gouge and was not a fish hook...his fingers were closed. Hands shouldnt have been up there tho it happened very fast.

Brolly rabbitting on about the brendan rodgers incident again which was clearly accidental. And how is anyone gonna rip out a man's teeth and gums with his fingers I'll never know :) Coming out with shite like that boy is gonna get what is coming to him is dangerous talk. O, Rouke and his manliness  ::)
Attempting to defend or deflect from what McCann did yesterday is poor form

BennyCake

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 09, 2019, 09:20:29 AM

I'm baffled as to why you'd watch that Brolly gobshite when you had better analysts on The Championship.