Quote from: J70 on May 29, 2019, 06:28:05 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on May 29, 2019, 05:51:38 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 29, 2019, 05:44:57 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on May 29, 2019, 05:21:44 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 29, 2019, 04:33:31 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on May 29, 2019, 02:42:01 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 29, 2019, 01:42:56 PM
Quote from: ck on May 29, 2019, 12:50:47 PM
This has a Donegal win written all over it for me. Donegal probably have better players all over the park and certainly have better firepower. Tyrone will struggle to shut down Murphy, McBrearty, Brennan et al. I think Tyrone are very decent but compare their attacking threats and how they are depending on for scores, McShane and Donnelly who are probably midfielders more than attackers. Tyrones trump card is their sideline and their ability to make changes to win the game. I don't think Donegal possess that craft in Bonner. If it's tight Mickey Harte will come to the fore.. but I think Donegal will overpower them with their attack.

Donegal by 5

Couldn't agree with that at all. Tyrone have beaten Donegal 3 times in a row in the championship with a lot of the better players involved in both sides. Two of those victories where comfortable. Tyrone also operated in division 1 beating Dublin and Galway whereas Donegal struggled to get out division 2. If Donegal had better players all over the park I don't think these things would have happened.

I'd be happy enough now with the way we're playing that we've as much firepower if not more than Donegal. Murphy and McBreaty can both be hit and miss in big games.

I would agree with this both McBreaty and Murphy have been marked out of it in numerous past games. Seem to be  lot of confidence in Donegal which should help Tyrone.
Quote from: tyrone08 on May 29, 2019, 02:42:01 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 29, 2019, 01:42:56 PM
Quote from: ck on May 29, 2019, 12:50:47 PM
This has a Donegal win written all over it for me. Donegal probably have better players all over the park and certainly have better firepower. Tyrone will struggle to shut down Murphy, McBrearty, Brennan et al. I think Tyrone are very decent but compare their attacking threats and how they are depending on for scores, McShane and Donnelly who are probably midfielders more than attackers. Tyrones trump card is their sideline and their ability to make changes to win the game. I don't think Donegal possess that craft in Bonner. If it's tight Mickey Harte will come to the fore.. but I think Donegal will overpower them with their attack.

Donegal by 5

Couldn't agree with that at all. Tyrone have beaten Donegal 3 times in a row in the championship with a lot of the better players involved in both sides. Two of those victories where comfortable. Tyrone also operated in division 1 beating Dublin and Galway whereas Donegal struggled to get out division 2. If Donegal had better players all over the park I don't think these things would have happened.

I'd be happy enough now with the way we're playing that we've as much firepower if not more than Donegal. Murphy and McBreaty can both be hit and miss in big games.

I would agree with this both McBreaty and Murphy have been marked out of it in numerous past games. Seem to be  lot of confidence in Donegal which should help Tyrone.

And no shortage of confidence coming from Tyrone either.

Does that help Donegal?

Since we are a better team obviously no it doesnt

But sure why would Tyrone care if Donegal are confident then? :)

Personally I couldnt give a hoot
But i know its all the sweeter to take yous down when your tails are up, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Er... Tyrone are fairly hot favourites for this, in case you hadn't noticed!

Eh... I was answering your question.

Yous really need to get out of them Hedge schools and into proper classroom, far too many distractions like counting rushes and sheep. The effect on Neil McGee is there for all to see.

skeog

Anyone paying attention to Eamon Mc Gee needs head examined.See he is now classed as a legend.Man full of arrogance who has turned up for matches  drunk some years ago.

Angelo

Tyrone are favourites and rightly so. Not a whole pile between the team but I think Tyrone are a better coached, more organised side with players further down the line than Donegal - a win for Donegal would not be a huge surprise but a surprise nonetheless.

The matchups will be interesting, we have a few injuries at the minute - Meyler, McGeary, Mulgrew, McKernan and Kennedy all missed the last game. I wonder if Harte will bring Meyler straight back in for this to do a man marking job on McHugh who has caused problems in the past. I'd suspect Hampsey will mark Murphy and McNamee on McBrearty as has been the case previously. McKernan will probably end up on Brennan if he's fit.

Who is the ref down for this? I think the Donegal players try and apply a serious amount of pressure on the referee, it was very noticeable against Fermanagh that they were in the referee's face at every opportunity trying to get him to overreact to Fermanagh tackles and fouls.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

J70

Whereas other people might say the Donegal players were getting rightfully frustrated at the Fermanagh tactic of fouling after every turnover.

Angelo

Quote from: J70 on May 29, 2019, 07:25:18 PM
Whereas other people might say the Donegal players were getting rightfully frustrated at the Fermanagh tactic of fouling after every turnover.

I wouldn't say they were quite right as Donegal were quite quick to foul themselves when they got turned over and the Fermanagh players just got on with it. I just thought that the referee allowed himself to be swayed pretty easily by Donegal players badgering him. It seemed to be quite a collective effort though Ryan McHugh looked to be the leader in it.

J70

Quote from: Angelo on May 29, 2019, 07:35:13 PM

I wouldn't say they were quite right as Donegal were quite quick to foul themselves when they got turned over and the Fermanagh players just got on with it. I just thought that the referee allowed himself to be swayed pretty easily by Donegal players badgering him. It seemed to be quite a collective effort though Ryan McHugh looked to be the leader in it.

Only one of note I can remember with McHugh was the first half one where Che Cullen followed through late on Leo McLoone (I think) to make sure he went to ground, then took off straight away back up the field, and McHugh jumped up and down in frustration.

Everyone sees what they want to see when it comes to this stuff. I thought McQuillan handled the game well overall and neither side had particular cause for complaint.

But I guarantee that after this next game there will be a lot of whinging on this thread about the referee, whoever it is.  :)

omaghjoe

Murphy is worst intimidater of referees around, been at it for years.

Only thing against him is referees know he is gonna be at it, but it all right knowing it but when a man that size jumps in front of you and starts shouting your resistance to him is gonna diminish to some degree

Angelo

Quote from: J70 on May 29, 2019, 07:51:28 PM
Quote from: Angelo on May 29, 2019, 07:35:13 PM

Only one of note I can remember with McHugh was the first half one where Che Cullen followed through late on Leo McLoone (I think) to make sure he went to ground, then took off straight away back up the field, and McHugh jumped up and down in frustration.

Everyone sees what they want to see when it comes to this stuff. I thought McQuillan handled the game well overall and neither side had particular cause for complaint.

But I guarantee that after this next game there will be a lot of whinging on this thread about the referee, whoever it is.  :)

Hugh McFadden sprinted in at the umpire in the first half as well when Paddy McGrath got pushed to ground while making his way back from a free. A horde of Donegal players then started surrounding the referee.

rrhf

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 29, 2019, 08:01:43 PM

Only thing against him is referees know he is gonna be at it, but it all right knowing it but when a man that size jumps in front of you and starts shouting your resistance to him is gonna diminish to some degree
All time Great footballer - gets away with blue murder and whilst referees let it go it's only so long before a black card comes his way...every year we get nervous about Donegal and yes Breffni Park looks like a difficult evening and game. Some might say Donegal have been the most intimidatIng county from Ulster for about 8 years now, they used to be able to back it up
More but most referees don't tolerate their auld guff any more and they probably lose too many men through indiscipline in the modern game... Donegal were being managed by Jimmy Mc Guinness I'd fear them more, but I think Tyrone might always be that little extra motivated to never give an inch to a Declan Bonner moulded  team. In a tight game with Bonner and Murphy losing the rag and dismissed  at some point I'd guess Tyrone by 4-5. Looking forward to this battle..always had a little soft spot for Donegal..

Redhand Santa

Have Tyrone played a championship game in Breffni since 1994? I remember Canavan scoring a few greats points against Donegal that day, I've also a memory of either Lawn or McGleenan palming one into the net but could be wrong on that. I can't think of any Tyrone championship games there since. It probably wasn't the most suitable venue but it is a very good ground and makes for a change from the usual places our ulster championship games are.

J70

Quote from: rrhf on May 30, 2019, 08:00:04 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on May 29, 2019, 08:01:43 PM

All time Great footballer - gets away with blue murder and whilst referees let it go it's only so long before a black card comes his way...every year we get nervous about Donegal and yes Breffni Park looks like a difficult evening and game. Some might say Donegal have been the most intimidatIng county from Ulster for about 8 years now, they used to be able to back it up
More but most referees don't tolerate their auld guff any more and they probably lose too many men through indiscipline in the modern game... Donegal were being managed by Jimmy Mc Guinness I'd fear them more, but I think Tyrone might always be that little extra motivated to never give an inch to a Declan Bonner moulded  team. In a tight game with Bonner and Murphy losing the rag and dismissed  at some point I'd guess Tyrone by 4-5. Looking forward to this battle..always had a little soft spot for Donegal..

Bonner and Murphy are getting the line?

We lose a lot of players to indiscipline?

omaghjoe

Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 30, 2019, 09:18:43 AM
Have Tyrone played a championship game in Breffni since 1994? I remember Canavan scoring a few greats points against Donegal that day, I've also a memory of either Lawn or McGleenan palming one into the net but could be wrong on that. I can't think of any Tyrone championship games there since. It probably wasn't the most suitable venue but it is a very good ground and makes for a change from the usual places our ulster championship games are.

I mind it well, I was very confident we would win (as cubs too be), traffic was desperate too, and McHugh was taken off early (last game?) and it was lashing rain. We gave them a right walloping.
My abiding memory of that game tho was the amount of pissed off Donegal wans, I dont think Ive ever seen fans as annoyed

J70

Jaysus Joe you seem very preoccupied with the mood of us Donegal folk when it comes to these games. ;D

omaghjoe

Quote from: J70 on May 30, 2019, 03:29:42 PM
Jaysus Joe you seem very preoccupied with the mood of us Donegal folk when it comes to these games. ;D

Prehaps it all harks back to the pleasure i took from your displeasure back then.
Funnily enuff I like Donegal football and people quite alot (McGuinness excluded of course) would rather see them win than any of our other neighbours  (except Fermanagh but not sure they really count)

J70

I could see people being unhappy in '94... barely 12 months previously we were still strutting AI champs for the first time ever, getting guards of honour, before Dublin beat us in that league final replay and Anthony Tohill bulldozed his way through the Clones mire with us hanging off his legs to single-handedly dethrone us. I don't know if a lot of Donegal people saw Canavan and the first hint of the rise of Tyrone coming that day in Breffni. Thankfully, I was enjoying a college summer in the US that year!