Sigerson Cup

Started by mad tan, January 21, 2016, 03:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Quote from: Link on January 27, 2016, 01:36:17 PM
I know of a footballer who played for UUJ and Derry in the McKenna cup and attends UUM in Derry city who have their own Gaelic Football team.

Blue peter badge for the first to guess!

I'm not in the loop anymore and live away. Who is it?

I use to manage the UUM team and we had a few UUJ lads who played for us, Mainly due to their placement being in Derry City.

bannside

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ck

Easy win for UUJ today over the Garda college. Great to see Garda back in the competition all the same.

ck

St.Marys Belfast beat DIT after ET. Don't know score

Aaron Boone

St Mary's 1-11 DIT 2-6 AET in Galbally, Tyrone.

ck

Where these the only games today?

oakleaflad

Quote from: Aaron Boone on February 02, 2016, 06:25:32 PM
St Mary's 1-11 DIT 2-6 AET in Galbally, Tyrone.
Was it not switched to the 4G pitch at Garvaghy?

ck

Was that supposed to be a neutral venue? If so, very harsh on DIT. Maybe it's a Mary's homer as they don't have a pitch?

imtommygunn

Bs i see your clubmate must have renewed acquaintances with murphy today with murphy getting line this time.  Must be some ding dong between the two of them with the size of them.

AZOffaly

UL beat Tralee 2.15 to 2.9, I think. About 60 Kerry lads on display.

ck

Cathal O'Rourke in todays Irish news talking about illegal players in Sigerson. I wonder who he's talking about?

Wildweasel74

Ah thats the old queens man in him coming out, UUJ were alot stronger 3yrs ago and got beat by, was it Crok uni with hardly any county men and a kerry sub scoring all the frees

our_fella

UUJ: Rory Beggan (Monaghan);
Barry Tierney (Tyrone), Chrissy McKaigue (Derry), Dean McNally (Tyrone);
Luke Keaney (Donegal), Colin Walshe (Monaghan), Killian Clarke (Cavan);
Matthew Donnelly (Tyrone), Nial McKeever (Antrim);
Kieran Hughes (Monaghan), Ronan O'Neill (Tyrone), Danny Savage (Down);
Jamie Clarke (Armagh), Caolan O'Boyle (Derry), Conor McAlliskey (Tyrone).

Thats 13 players who are county standard.

UCC had 2 household names - Michael Quinlivan (Tipperary), Paul Geaney (Kerry).

As Joe Brolly hit the nail on the head with "If UUJ School of flower arranging don't win the Sigerson today it will be a bigger waste of money than Arsenal"

Joke of a Uni

bannside

Unbelievable really ITG. Niall locked horns with Murphy before the throw on on Sunday in Carlow and it went on between them for the full match until in the last minute - after a two minute wrestling match they both got the line for their second yellows. Neither yielded an inch both six foot six.

And then two days later they meet in a Sigerson match and renew acquaintances all over again. You couldn't write it.