Tyrone v Down - Sun 18th May, Omagh

Started by tyroneman, April 15, 2014, 06:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExiledGael

Hard to know what to believe, naming teams a bit of a waste of time. Suppose it gives us something to talk about.
Hoganstand saying this will be Coney's Championship debut, can that be right?

omagh_gael

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: ONeill on May 15, 2014, 10:24:24 PM
Hmmm...Ronan O'Neill out?

Subs done alphabetically (apart from sub keeper)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Redhand Santa

Really surprising team and certainly wouldn't be one I'd be picking. I just can't see what McNeice has ever done in a county senior jersey to be starting. Similarly McKenna is very lucky to be starting after never really taking his chances. Hope both can prove me wrong and have big games. At the minute I'm very surprised they're both on ahead of Ronan O'Neill.

I thought Tierney was a decent prospect earlier in the year but he hasn't been seen since his man got 3 goals in the Kerry game so wasn't expecting to see him. Clarke at 9 and Cavanagh at 11 didn't happen during the league. Although who knows if that's where they'll play. Would be surprised to see Coney playing at left corner forward so perhaps he's dropping out.

Although I'm a bit disappointed with the team there is plenty of options on the bench if under pressure.

rrhf

Strongest spine on a Tyrone team I've seen for a couple of years.  Good luck to the lads., lot of men here think they know more than mickey so ill sit back and listen to their wisdom. Down won't be easy. Keep the faith Santa.

ONeill

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on May 15, 2014, 10:55:46 PM
From the first 15 though....odd.

True, something of the decoy about that named team though.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

Mickey not a decoy sorta fella. Not sure of side I'd imagine, probably down to niggles. Niall at FF? I think he played there v Derry in the NFL a few years ago. McBride at FB was predicted but why not Clarke....suggests he wants power from 8-15 by having him alongside Colm....worried about a cleaning out around the middle? A few riddles indeed.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: rrhf on May 15, 2014, 10:50:26 PM
Strongest spine on a Tyrone team I've seen for a couple of years.  Good luck to the lads., lot of men here think they know more than mickey so ill sit back and listen to their wisdom. Down won't be easy. Keep the faith Santa.

It's well seen Niall McKenna is full forward - you've been questioning his selection for years! I'm not convinced with the team and a lot of aspects of it but happy to let Harte do his job. For years everyone questioned the wisdom of Colm Cavanagh being on and he eventually proved his worth. Even the likes of Mark Donnelly was criticised before he started playing at a decent standard.

time ticking away

If county managers really wanted to confuse each other they should just name the teams they want to start with. No one would expect that
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

BennyHarp

May as well give Clarke a chance at midfield, he's a big strong athlete so has all the physical attributes in an area where we have struggled a bit - I'm actually quite interested to see how he gets on out there. My main concern would be that full back line, I would imagine it will be well protected by our wing forwards.
That was never a square ball!!

DownFanatic

The build up to this game in Down has unbelievably low key.

rrhf

Always feel It's important not to criticise players before the game as they  need confidence to succeed.  For some of them players it is praise they need not negative stuff sant.   
quote author=Redhand Santa link=topic=24536.msg1352080#msg1352080 date=1400191575]
Quote from: rrhf on May 15, 2014, 10:50:26 PM

It's well seen Niall McKenna is full forward - you've been questioning his selection for years! I'm not convinced with the team and a lot of aspects of it but happy to let Harte do his job. For years everyone questioned the wisdom of Colm Cavanagh being on and he eventually proved his worth. Even the likes of Mark Donnelly was criticised before he started playing at a decent standard.
[/quote]