Tyrone v Down - Sun 18th May, Omagh

Started by tyroneman, April 15, 2014, 06:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sensethetone

Quote from: Under Lights on May 14, 2014, 10:31:13 AM
I think last years championship highlighted Tyrone's need for  a ball winning full forward and allow others to feed off that. I like the way Donnelly worked in that role in the league but I also feel we need him out around the middle. That's why I have a feeling that he could go for someone like McKenna who has been doing this for Donaghmore- he kicked 1-6 last week against Killyclogher and seems in great shape- I would love to see Sean in at 14 with Ronan O'Neill at 11 but again I think MH would want Cavanagh out around the middle and to run at teams.
Corner backs are hard to pick. With Justin playing well for Omagh last few weeks I'm just hazarding he will be fit enough, still think he's the best we have- Joe missing is a big loss too. Our midfield options are actually limited if you don't just play the two cavanaghs in there. Suppose McKenna could be out around the middle to free up Sean. I would like to see Connor Clarke there but he hasn't really been used there in the league so bit of a punt for me there.

I think his catching could let him down if he went to midfield. He seems to break it more than ever grabbing a high ball with both hands. I Clarke is fit he has to play.

John o connor

Did Clarke play at number 3 against Kildare in the league this year ?

yellowcard

Fancy this game to go down to the wire and Down at 7/2 to win this game are a huge price.

Fuzzman

I really can't see Mickey leaving out Justy or Gormley. Both would add great experience to the defence which is lacking in solidness.
I am a bit surprised how many of ye are naming McCrory before PJ Quinn or even Carlin.
I think Mickey successfully used a good smattering of younger lads in the league and we almost made the playoffs.

I expect on Sunday to say at some stage of the game
Morgan
???
Clarke to start and Justy to come on
PJ
McGinley
Gormley
Harte
Cavanaghs x 2
Penrose
Mattie
Mark D (McKenna coming on)
McCurry
Coney (SON) coming on
Ronnie McAliskey coming on

I will be very annoyed if McNeice gets on before any of those listed above and I'll become Mickey's new midnight caller

Ed Hardy

Huge lift for Down with new of Dan Gordan's, would be shocked if he started though,  he will probably play last 20mins or so depending on how the game is going!

Brick Tamlin

Are Down playing this sunday too?
Or is it just Tyrone.

Under Lights

Sure tomorrow night will end all the speculation.

Quote from: sensethetone on May 14, 2014, 11:07:22 AM
I think last years championship highlighted Tyrone's need for  a ball winning full forward and allow others to feed off that. I like the way Donnelly worked in that role in the league but I also feel we need him out around the middle. That's why I have a feeling that he could go for someone like McKenna who has been doing this for Donaghmore- he kicked 1-6 last week against Killyclogher and seems in great shape- I would love to see Sean in at 14 with Ronan O'Neill at 11 but again I think MH would want Cavanagh out around the middle and to run at teams.
Corner backs are hard to pick. With Justin playing well for Omagh last few weeks I'm just hazarding he will be fit enough, still think he's the best we have- Joe missing is a big loss too. Our midfield options are actually limited if you don't just play the two cavanaghs in there. Suppose McKenna could be out around the middle to free up Sean. I would like to see Connor Clarke there but he hasn't really been used there in the league so bit of a punt for me there.

I think his catching could let him down if he went to midfield. He seems to break it more than ever grabbing a high ball with both hands. I Clarke is fit he has to play.

SenseTheTone Slates Conzo Clarke

Avid Tyrone fan SenseTheTone, 34, sent shockwaves through the county today with a sentential outburst against one of his counties own players.
The GAAboard contributor questioned Conor 'Conzo' Clarke's ability to adjust to the haven that is intercounty midfield stating that 'his catching could let him down'.
The Tone, as he is known by friends, alluded that he believed Conor was more of a spoiler and out to break up play than trying to play himself.
Clarke burst unto the county scene in 2012 and was deemed to be able to hold his own against some of the country's best players. Despite The Tone's opinion many real fans of Tyrone will hope that Clarke can go on to be a regular fixture in the team no matter what the position.

Under Lights reporting.

naka

Quote from: Ed Hardy on May 14, 2014, 04:20:51 PM
Huge lift for Down with new of Dan Gordan's, would be shocked if he started though,  he will probably play last 20mins or so depending on how the game is going!
he is starting

cant decide which  of the teams I want to lose the most
both are a hateful shower   ;D

under the bar

Mickey is wiser than Yoda and has the patience of Job.

Wee James has the patience of a doorman in the Canal Court and is about as wise as the hallions they put out of the CC for fighting.

Don't think there's much doubt re the outcome on Sunday.

rrhf

I hear Justin Gormley is in and looking to pick up Benny Coulter.

Fuzzman

Is it true that Jamie Clarke & Seanie Johnston have both got new jobs in GAP in the outlet in Banbridge this week and both hope to line out this Sunday in Omagh wearing the aristocats  ref and white outfit.
Both we're brought in quickly as a new advertising venture from GAP this week as an opportunity was spotted in the Tyrone defence from the last two months.

sensethetone

Quote from: Under Lights on May 14, 2014, 04:27:08 PM
Sure tomorrow night will end all the speculation.

Quote from: sensethetone on May 14, 2014, 11:07:22 AM

SenseTheTone Slates Conzo Clarke

Avid Tyrone fan SenseTheTone, 34, sent shockwaves through the county today with a sentential outburst against one of his counties own players.
The GAAboard contributor questioned Conor 'Conzo' Clarke's ability to adjust to the haven that is intercounty midfield stating that 'his catching could let him down'.
The Tone, as he is known by friends, alluded that he believed Conor was more of a spoiler and out to break up play than trying to play himself.
Clarke burst unto the county scene in 2012 and was deemed to be able to hold his own against some of the country's best players. Despite The Tone's opinion many real fans of Tyrone will hope that Clarke can go on to be a regular fixture in the team no matter what the position.

Under Lights reporting.AKA Paddy Hunter[

my post should have read If Clarke is fit he has to play, I think he's best used in the half back line

Under Lights

Try and get behind the team Tone instead of running down our lads. Thanks.

orangeman

This could be a classic on Sunday. But very unlikely.