Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 28, 2016, 11:42:53 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on September 28, 2016, 11:40:12 AM
Quote from: Uncle Kev on September 26, 2016, 09:04:16 AM
Moy mustn't be getting any grant as they were begging around the grounds this is still few weeks . Is it not enough paying the admission money without being targeted by these people. I'd like to know are they doing this with county board approval ?

Worth remembering that they have had their clubrooms set alight by arsonists twice in the past year or so and, last I heard, have been getting next to no support from the cops nor joy through insurance. I for one wouldn't begrudge them given their situation. If you do, then you are not obliged to donate.
+1
Im sure none of these men want to be out selling tickets or collecting money, but thats what it takes.
Im sure there are plenty on here have done it for their own club and its a hateful job, but necessary to keep a  club running or to carry out any sort of development.

Uncle Kev did you buy one of the tickets for their draw?

Ticket selling is the worst job there is in the organisation.

longballin

Yet another article in Irish News today in support of Harte... must be 7th or 8th and no-one here even talking about it  :o

blackball

I know this has been mentioned before a while back but some questions need to be asked of the county board regarding reserve football. I just looked over the fixtures on tyronegaa.com.Div 1 reserves havent played since the end of august and before that only had a handful of fixtures due to holidays etc and out of the last 20 games played 10 were conceded. No reserve championship played yet. There has to be some major changes made if they want the reserve leagues to survive. Im only talking about div1 here too, god knows what shape the intermediate and junior leagues are in.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: blackball on September 28, 2016, 12:20:56 PM
I know this has been mentioned before a while back but some questions need to be asked of the county board regarding reserve football. I just looked over the fixtures on tyronegaa.com.Div 1 reserves havent played since the end of august and before that only had a handful of fixtures due to holidays etc and out of the last 20 games played 10 were conceded. No reserve championship played yet. There has to be some major changes made if they want the reserve leagues to survive. Im only talking about div1 here too, god knows what shape the intermediate and junior leagues are in.
100% agree
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Uncle Kev

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 28, 2016, 12:27:19 PM
100% agree As I have said in the past ; there is no money to be made out of reserve games so the TCB dont give wan feck about you ! That's the simple truth so so what you have to do !

WT4E

Quote from: Uncle Kev on September 26, 2016, 09:04:16 AM
Moy mustn't be getting any grant as they were begging around the grounds this is still few weeks . Is it not enough paying the admission money without being targeted by these people. I'd like to know are they doing this with county board approval ?
[/quote]

Whilst I agree with sentiments of people saying that ticket selling is hateful (I've done it myself many a time) and it is necessary I think doing it at a county championship match is a bit much. If its the host club and they're selling lotto at £1 a time that would be grand but major draw tickets???

Fair enough cover areas and knock doors - it gives the person a chance to refuse if they wish whereas at a game like this they may be put on the spot in front of their peers. It also gives the seller more anonymity as its daunting enough selling at doors without having to be refused in front of a large group.

I would wonder who in Moy club thought this a good idea?

skeog

WT its up to each individual to purchase a ticket cannot see the problem. Name me a club who has not sold tickets to improve facilities as a legacy to future generations in the GAA family.

WT4E

Quote from: skeog on September 28, 2016, 01:29:39 PM
WT its up to each individual to purchase a ticket cannot see the problem. Name me a club who has not sold tickets to improve facilities as a legacy to future generations in the GAA family.

I think your missing my point - I am totally for clubs selling tickets to enhance their facilities and having went around knocking doors for my own club I know its a hateful job (I personally always buy of GAA clubs when they call because of these experiences and for GAA ethos)

My only point is I'm not in favour of clubs going to other GAA grounds and selling major fundraising tickets there. Just my opinion. I hope Moy club have a successful draw and I'll buy a ticket if the opportunity arises.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: WT4E on September 28, 2016, 01:45:38 PM
Quote from: skeog on September 28, 2016, 01:29:39 PM

I think your missing my point - I am totally for clubs selling tickets to enhance their facilities and having went around knocking doors for my own club I know its a hateful job (I personally always buy of GAA clubs when they call because of these experiences and for GAA ethos)

My only point is I'm not in favour of clubs going to other GAA grounds and selling major fundraising tickets there. Just my opinion. I hope Moy club have a successful draw and I'll buy a ticket if the opportunity arises.

I see it as an opportunist move by the Moy club to target venues that will be attended by GAA supporters.  You see it at Clones all the time although I think Ulster Council approval is required (correct me if I'm wrong).  They already collared me at my door so I wasn't gonna buy another ticket at the gate but if I hadn't purchased I would of supported their cause. 

I see both sides of the argument but I wouldn't disagree with any club employing a similar tactic.  The buyer always has the option to decline the sale.  Or in Kev's option slate them on an online message board (as well as not purchase  ;) )
Living the dream!!!

Christmas Lights

I said it a few pages back, it is time to simply scrap reserve football in Tyrone and forget about it. Just play a senior league, D1, D2 and D3. Nobody cares about it at a board level, and players at nearly all clubs lose interest after a while.  A lot of clubs seem to struggle to field a reserve team with a lot of games forfeited as the season goes in all divisions even D1.  Reserve football is dead in Tyrone.  Time to bury it. 

Snapchap

Quote from: WT4E on September 28, 2016, 01:45:38 PM

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 28, 2016, 02:01:36 PM
I see it as an opportunist move by the Moy club to target venues that will be attended by GAA supporters. 

Can neither of you see that there are extenuating circumstances in Moy's case with regards the fact that their clubrooms have been gutted by two arson attacks in around about the last year? Cut them a bit of slack. They are going outside the norms in fundraising for no other reason than their circumstances are outside the norm. They seemingly are getting little/no joy from the cops or insurance, so maybe it's time to cut them some slack?

WT4E

I do feel sorry for them. Unfortunately there's been plenty of club rooms targeted in the past and its the first time I've heard of this type of ticket selling.

Just my opinion - I hope their fundraising is very successful and they get back up and running soon - have they been without club room facilities for long?

Snapchap

Quote from: WT4E on September 28, 2016, 02:26:44 PM
I do feel sorry for them. Unfortunately there's been plenty of club rooms targeted in the past and its the first time I've heard of this type of ticket selling.

Just my opinion - I hope their fundraising is very successful and they get back up and running soon - have they been without club room facilities for long?

Plenty of club rooms destroyed, indeed, but rarely immediately after rebuilding from an initial arson attack. If it were my club, then hell rub it up anyone that had a problem with me standing at any championship fixture trying to raise a few pound to help pay the repairs. We're the GAA. When another member is down, we generally help them up again. Why any different for a club?

Not sure how their rebuilding is going.

WT4E

I'll be glad to help - Just waiting on them to call.  :D

Tyrone Gaa

Snapchap your taking me up wrong, I described this as an opportunist move but I am applauding that not being critical. 
Living the dream!!!