Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Boone

Quote from: redhandefender on September 25, 2016, 09:18:03 PM
I know east tyrone people love dungannon and the history of it and all that, i understand that but lets call it like it is, the place is not fit to be holding big games like a championship final. Its just not fit to handle big crowds and the pitch is shocking.

Whatever about omagh for junior players there is feeling of pride when getting to play there especially on county final day. If i was a tatt or rock players i would be fuming

The 'west' has the good county ground, the money put into it.

redzone

Dungannon will have a good ground to, that's if they can get the money for it. Anyone see the promo video for it. It will be some spot

ONeill

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 25, 2016, 10:40:30 PM
I think the fallout from changing the venue of the JFC final between T***yreagh and Rock from Omagh to Dungannon shows that there needs to be an effort made by the county board for a venue in the east of the county to be brought up to standard with a seated stand and terracing to hold around 8-10,000 people along with a decent surface, adequate changing facilities etc along with floodlighting. At present many facilities in the east fall short somewhere on this meaning Omagh often gets tossed games its way when other venues could be more appropriate, for example was there any real need for Aghaloo and Derrylaughan to be dragged to Healy Park on Friday night instead of having their match as a curtain raiser to Coalisland/Clonoe today? They could have had a single match in Omagh on Friday night with a throw-in time of 8pm that could actually have started on time as the Killyclogher/Dromore game was never going to start at 8.30pm.

You kidding? Coalisland, Clonoe and Derrylaughan ones in the one place at the same time?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

The Hill need 2 wins from their last 2 to have a chance of staying up...Eskra and Aghyaran.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 25, 2016, 10:54:59 PM
Anyway, there was some action in the Junior league today as well, Castlederg dropped a point at Newtownstewart but the title is still in their hands if they win their remaining games, whereas T***yreagh say top for now with a win over Glenelly. Rock perhaps not surprisingly fielded a weakened team against Brocagh. Beragh and Owen Roes are definitely through to promotion play-offs, Rock will likely join them if they lose the JFC final - the final spot could be any between Brocagh, Drumragh, Clogher or Newtownstewart.

Not in Castlederg's hands. One of their remaining games is the abandoned game v CNG which has been voided. However it's now with Ulster to determine.

Div 3 to be decided in the appeals room this season.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

oakleafgael

Anyway, there was some action in the Junior league today as well, Castlederg dropped a point at Newtownstewart but the title is still in their hands if they win their remaining games, whereas T***yreagh say top for now with a win over Glenelly. Rock perhaps not surprisingly fielded a weakened team against Brocagh. Beragh and Owen Roes are definitely through to promotion play-offs, Rock will likely join them if they lose the JFC final - the final spot could be any between Brocagh, Drumragh, Clogher or Newtownstewart.

The title isn't in Castlederg's hands as they only have two games left, same as the Tatts. Derg have Glenelly at home and Killeeshil away which you would expect them to take 4 points from. Tatts have Dregish at home and OR's away. It will come down to the OR's v Tatts game to decide the league. By that stage the Championship final will have been played and that will make a big difference. Brocagh for the last play off place.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 25, 2016, 11:19:06 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 25, 2016, 11:06:23 PM
Not in Castledergsome hands. One of their remaining games is the abandoned game v CNG which has been voided. However it's now with Ulster to determine.

Quote from: oakleafgael on September 25, 2016, 11:10:07 PM
The title isn't in Castlederg's hands as they only have two games left, same as the Tatts. Derg have Glenelly at home and Killeeshil away which you would expect them to take 4 points from. Tatts have Dregish at home and OR's away. It will come down to the OR's v Tatts game to decide the league. By that stage the Championship final will have been played and that will make a big difference. Brocagh for the last play off place.
Noted.

It's a rare day the Fintona man makes an error in fairness.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

winghalfback

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 25, 2016, 10:40:30 PM
I think the fallout from changing the venue of the JFC final between T***yreagh and Rock from Omagh to Dungannon shows that there needs to be an effort made by the county board for a venue in the east of the county to be brought up to standard with a seated stand and terracing to hold around 8-10,000 people along with a decent surface, adequate changing facilities etc along with floodlighting. At present many facilities in the east fall short somewhere on this meaning Omagh often gets tossed games its way when other venues could be more appropriate, for example was there any real need for Aghaloo and Derrylaughan to be dragged to Healy Park on Friday night instead of having their match as a curtain raiser to Coalisland/Clonoe today? They could have had a single match in Omagh on Friday night with a throw-in time of 8pm that could actually have started on time as the Killyclogher/Dromore game was never going to start at 8.30pm.

Who said a seated stand. Resurface dungannon and terrace thon far bank it would be dead on

redzone

Would dungannon not be in line for the 100% grant from ni for impoverished areas the same grant Clonoe and coaisland are getting to do there facilities up?

winghalfback

Quote from: redzone on September 26, 2016, 12:57:53 AM
Would dungannon not be in line for the 100% grant from ni for impoverished areas the same grant Clonoe and coaisland are getting to do there facilities up?

A 100% grant never heard of that. I know Coalisland are doing a lot of work what work are Clonoe doing

redhandefender

Quote from: redzone on September 25, 2016, 10:38:37 PM
Dungannon will have a good ground to, that's if they can get the money for it. Anyone see the promo video for it. It will be some spot

I agree with you there should be something done to bring it up to standard. But point is at the minute it is nowhere near it.

Uncle Kev

Quote from: winghalfback on September 26, 2016, 02:31:58 AM
Quote from: redzone on September 26, 2016, 12:57:53 AM

A 100% grant never heard of that. I know Coalisland are doing a lot of work what work are Clonoe doing
Moy mustn't be getting any grant as they were begging around the grounds this is still few weeks . Is it not enough paying the admission money without being targeted by these people. I'd like to know are they doing this with county board approval ?

Up The Middle

Edendork was a disgrace yesterday, could very easily have got dangerous outside the ground before throw in. Whoever came up with the bright idea of not allowing people to pay at the turnstiles needs roaded. Its clearly not Edendork clubs fault, county board just creating mess after mess. There were at least 2 to 3 hundred people trying to get at 2 mall windows to buy tickets while the ref was just about to throw the ball up, small children with their parents stuck in the middle of it. An absolute disgrace someone could have got seriously hurt.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Tyrone Gaa

Think it was Brackaville and Coalisland that benefited from the recent funding, not Clonoe.  Kev, With regards to the Moy selling tickets, you don't have to buy one, Simply walk on by (I'm sure you did). Clubs need funds if they have ambition to progress and improve facilities!!  Continuous gripes on here about the state of some of our club facilities and then condemnation when they look funds to improve lol.  A lot of clubs are out selling tickets to raise funds.  I had Errigal, Galbally, Portglenone, Moy and Trillick all at my door and that's from Memory there have been more.  I can think of a few more clubs that should be out doing the same.  I've no doubt after seeing Dungannon's future plans they will also be doing some sort of prize draw.  Its the world we live in. 
Living the dream!!!

bogball88

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 25, 2016, 11:06:23 PM

Not in Castlederg's hands. One of their remaining games is the abandoned game v CNG which has been voided. However it's now with Ulster to determine.

Ulster Council rejected their appeal according to the Tattyreagh lads