Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremiah O

Uncle Kev,I hope that Rambo buys himself a new stopwatch with today's winnings!
Unconquered and unconquerable

winghalfback

Quote from: square_ball on September 25, 2016, 08:05:15 PM
Junior final in dungannon? I think thats pretty disrespectful and disgraceful having a county final there. Should be omagh. Whys the intermediate final put back?

What about the crowd they will be playing in front of now with senior semi on after it. Dungannon is a good place for a game crowd wise pitch could do with a bit of tlc all the same. Would have been worse to bring the senior semi to omagh next Friday night would it not

square_ball

I just think having a county final anywhere outside of the county ground is the wrong call. And talk of a big crowd - there'll be a big crowd for the final 10 minutes of it tops. They are in a difficult position in terms of the senior replay but guess that's what happens when it drags on to this time of year.

GlenMan

Quote from: winghalfback on September 25, 2016, 08:10:47 PM
Junior final in dungannon? I think thats pretty disrespectful and disgraceful having a county final there. Should be omagh. Whys the intermediate final put back?

What about the crowd they will be playing in front of now with senior semi on after it. Dungannon is a good place for a game crowd wise pitch could do with a bit of tlc all the same. Would have been worse to bring the senior semi to omagh next Friday night would it not

Surely what a Club in a Championship Final looks forward to is walking up the steps in Healy Park, looking out over a crowd and lifting the trophy? Instead the Junior Clubs will get their trophy in a cow field and be rushed off to get the Senior teams on.

Jeremiah O

Ardboe beat Errigal in the 2013 minor final at Dungannon.The pitch was that bad they wouldn't let the supporters in for the presentation.
Unconquered and unconquerable

Club boi

Quote from: GlenMan on September 25, 2016, 08:21:39 PM
Quote from: winghalfback on September 25, 2016, 08:10:47 PM

Surely what a Club in a Championship Final looks forward to is walking up the steps in Healy Park, looking out over a crowd and lifting the trophy? Instead the Junior Clubs will get their trophy in a cow field and be rushed off to get the Senior teams on.

Very disrespectful to the Junior teams and Junior Championship as a whole. Surely the year has been geared to get to County Final Day in Omagh. County Board a complete Disgrace

longballin

Colm Cavanagh in Gaelic Life last week picked Omagh as worst place to play... its a bog as we saw last week with game postponed after a lick of rain...

blewuporstuffed

surely the senior game should be on first? with the junior final played as the second game????
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

In hiding

redzone

Lol cow field is what dungannon is. Even carrickmore wouldn't have been a bad shout out. It's very doubtful the supporters from the east would have travelled to Omagh on a Friday night. Guaranteed the same crowd there next week if not more.

Glad Rambo had a good game, and he done the wise thing blowing it early after the fri night scenes.

Hopefully it's a cracker to.

Uncle Kev

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 25, 2016, 08:30:50 PM
surely the senior game should be on first? with the junior final played as the second game????
[/quote. You have hit the nail on the head ! The final should be the main game ! Anything else is completely disrespectful but then the cunty board don't give wan fuk about players or supporters ! All they want is s bag full of paper money to run the wind farm !

redhandefender

I know east tyrone people love dungannon and the history of it and all that, i understand that but lets call it like it is, the place is not fit to be holding big games like a championship final. Its just not fit to handle big crowds and the pitch is shocking.

Whatever about omagh for junior players there is feeling of pride when getting to play there especially on county final day. If i was a tatt or rock players i would be fuming

imtommygunn

Out of interest when is the tyrone senior final scheduled for?

WT4E

east Tyrone quote
[/quote]
I missed it but heard it was harsh. You have said he hit him a box, forearm or a slap. Which one. Did you see?
[/quote]

Are you sure?? I thought you would of had a great view!!!  ;D Wasn't at the game but from eye witnesses I'd say he'll get off and be able to play next game!

Club Rossa

If Eoin McCusker can get off with his "challenge" on Gavin Teague then I reckon Peter Donnelly has a great chance of playing next Sunday.