Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Was no tears from neutrals over Dromore last nite... on the line and on the field their behaviour is despicable

Tyrone Gaa

Well said redzone rotting to the core is an accurate description. I'd imagine for most of that core that was a last stab at a championship and that contributed to their reaction. The way Sean Red went for the ref last night he will be lucky to kick ball next year. Never seen the likes of it before then the usual dromore hangers on add their contributions. Disgrace
Living the dream!!!

square_ball

Outside refs from where? Sure if you read the other boards on here they are seemingly no better. To be honest in 10 years I wouldn't be surprised if we count the number of refs in the county on 1 hand as the abuse they get means no one in their right mind would take it up.

Has anyone on this page ever done refereeing to a decent level or would even contemplate doing it in this day and age?

In hiding

Quote from: square_ball on September 24, 2016, 01:27:30 PM
Outside refs from where? Sure if you read the other boards on here they are seemingly no better. To be honest in 10 years I wouldn't be surprised if we count the number of refs in the county on 1 hand as the abuse they get means no one in their right mind would take it up.

Has anyone on this page ever done refereeing to a decent level or would even contemplate doing it in this day and age?
I agree that refs have a tough job but sometimes they bring extra hassle onto themselves by not doing the right/obvious thing. Last night cathal mc carron could have got 4 yellow cards but only got one.  Most refs are good enough when games are low key but many of them are afraid to make the tough decisions. Jerome mc elroy told laurence strain at half time in the second omagh clonoe game that he had given Jerome mc clure a yellow card and not a red because he had hit conor meyler in the face with an open hand and not a fist. It's no wonder people get annoyed.
To be honest I couldn't figure out why the dromore people were so annoyed with Simon Brady last night. I didn't think he did them any harm

Club boi

The best Ref in recent times was Stephen Mc Namee. Used more common sense than rules, probably the reason he never got more big games but can't mind any complaints being sent his way. Does he still Ref??

Don't understand why Hurson didn't get last nights game

Dire Ear

Very wet in Edendork atm for 2nd semi final.

WBF

I think the reason mcnamee doesn't get more high profile games is because he will ref it the way he thinks not the way the referee's board wants him to!

blewuporstuffed

I'm not sure what bringing in outside refs would really achieve, the issue generally isn't bias,it's just poor and inconsistent application of the rules. Simon Brady made a balls of the game last night,  but I didn't think he was in anyway bias against Dromore and certainly wasn't the reason they were beaten.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

ose 14

omagh play football wbf and youll find that is something the club promotes, football. no surrender AAAAAAArghhh wheres me meat kill bate aaaaarrgh. 8)

Cheltenham Fun

Quote from: ose 14 on September 24, 2016, 03:28:55 PM
omagh play football wbf and youll find that is something the club promotes, football. no surrender AAAAAAArghhh wheres me meat kill bate aaaaarrgh. 8)

U really are a fountain of knowledge in this desert of ignorance. Suspose u buy into the theroy that it is the taking part that counts. 👊🏿👊🏿👊🏿👊🏿💦💦💦💦

Carmenalways

Your promotion of football is to be admired ose. Your record of a senior championship every 25 odd years not so. Keep up the good work.

omagh_gael

Anyone follow the Tyrone Tribulations coverage of the game last night on Twitter? Top quality stuff. 

In hiding

Is anyone actually sure ose14 is actually an omagh man. I have my suspicions he is really a killyclogher man

Cheltenham Fun

Quote from: In hiding on September 24, 2016, 04:16:18 PM
Is anyone actually sure ose14 is actually an omagh man. I have my suspicions he is really a killyclogher man

Even worse he could be a loughmacrory man

Club boi

Quote from: WBF on September 24, 2016, 02:24:13 PM
I think the reason mcnamee doesn't get more high profile games is because he will ref it the way he thinks not the way the referee's board wants him to!

That's the problem. That same useless "board" appointed that Ref last night who was wayyyyyyy out of his depth. Sometimes common sense would defuse some situations rather than trying to Ref the impossible by the book