Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: 5times5times on August 18, 2023, 02:16:56 PM
Quote from: bannside on August 18, 2023, 12:35:39 PM
Throw your arms around the big lad and look after him...most of us have done things we regret.

Inc beating lumps of your woman? you must be a great guy...

Didn't realise he was done for assault too..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Jeez, did not say K Mc G had a halo....but he was a smashing player and more than courteous when any time I had a chat with him....sin e......

EOC1923

Throw your arms around the big lad and look after him...most of us have done things we regret.

Dont know the ins and outs of it but whats the point discussing it on here

BrendanAntrim

Quote from: EOC1923 on August 18, 2023, 03:42:16 PM

Dont know the ins and outs of it but whats the point discussing it on here

Exactly. Best left as a topic I think.

delgany

Any word on any  suspensions from the melee between Aghagallon and St.Brigids?

EOC1923

Meant to ask this myself, I heard aghagallon had more suspended than St Brigids but the details are few and far between

ck

Quote from: EOC1923 on August 18, 2023, 09:48:12 PM
Meant to ask this myself, I heard aghagallon had more suspended than St Brigids but the details are few and far between

Heard there was only 1 from each team reported and suspended. Bit mad considering every player and both managements were said to be involved

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ck on August 19, 2023, 11:32:35 AM

Heard there was only 1 from each team reported and suspended. Bit mad considering every player and both managements were said to be involved

Not sure if mobile phone evidence is used so ref's report will be what they work from unless there was an official approved recording, I could be wrong though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ck

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 19, 2023, 01:03:03 PM

Not sure if mobile phone evidence is used so ref's report will be what they work from unless there was an official approved recording, I could be wrong though

Yes, you're most likely right. Hard for any ref to report accurately (without a video) when all players are at it. Clubs should be fined if ref reports full scale row involving everyone.

SaffronSports

I don't think video evidence should be used at all to be honest unless every game in that competition is recorded.

For example, someone in the live game does something and they go back and look at it further than what the ref has in his report while another lad does exactly the same thing but it's not recorded so gets away with it.

Not ideal but I think consistency and equality are important.

Milltown Row2

Mobile phones will not be used within the CCC to view incidents, there was official footage that is being used...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 19, 2023, 08:59:36 PM
That's fair enough. It also runs into problems when the club who video it don't hand it over.

Well then it's down to the ref's report..

Sportacus

Quote from: ck on August 19, 2023, 02:54:05 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 19, 2023, 01:03:03 PM

Yes, you're most likely right. Hard for any ref to report accurately (without a video) when all players are at it. Clubs should be fined if ref reports full scale row involving everyone.
I never saw a row yet that involved everyone.  There's always plenty trying to break it up, and plenty more running around not sure what they're doing.

Belfast GAA man

Aghagallon are always at it at home . Don't think at brigids ever b in bother
Anyway who can beat the mighty cargin this year ?

country bumpkin

Just heard that Cargin under 15 team following a long double round season and having finished top of the league have been informed that points for their last game were not awarded.
The CCC have informed last game which was postponed twice by their opposition and refixed with approval(CCC) appointed referee (Brendan Mc Polin) was 'out of approved date' despite the fact ref was appointed.....u

Was a bad day for the S West division when juvenile competitions were to be on all county basis....