Antrim, the way forward

Started by Milltown Row2, October 30, 2015, 09:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on December 02, 2017, 01:27:57 PM
I see a SW motion to bring minor football back to divisional boards - I see a lot of FTFs in the all county league this year - not a good sign...

The all county leagues at minor are a shambles...has to go back to Div boards

country bumpkin

Quote from: paddyjohn on December 02, 2017, 02:54:04 PM
I see a SW motion to bring minor football back to divisional boards - I see a lot of FTFs in the all county league this year - not a good sign...

Think that will be the preferred option PJ........Far too many failure to fields last season.

Milltown Row2

That's probably why the SW failed to win a championship
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BrendanAntrim

Would prefer to see minor football staying all county. How many teams will feature in SA? Will be the same problem we had this year at U16, not enough teams, not enough games.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on December 02, 2017, 06:09:59 PM

Would prefer to see minor football staying all county. How many teams will feature in SA? Will be the same problem we had this year at U16, not enough teams, not enough games.
If St Endas and Aldergrove were to complete in South Antrim there would be enough teams for a good south antrim minor league - they are not a million miles away and certainly in South Antrim if my geography is right!

Milltown Row2

The  simplest way to fix it is clubs/management need to be honest with themselves first before entering teams, has to be based on numbers within that team and how they have fulfilled their previous season at the very least, whether the manager believes they are capable or not, they have to back it up with being able to field Home and away.. I've been at s few games this year when teams haven't showed, not fair on anyone
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BrendanAntrim

That's the answer but too many clubs weren't honest with themselves this past season. Not fair on the kids. We will have 2 minor teams next year but my fear is they won't get games.

country bumpkin

So Joe Edwards makes return to the CB.....liven up the place :)

paddyjohn

Convention going to be dwarfed by brexit..  ;)

Two Hands FFS

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on December 04, 2017, 09:37:09 PM
Collie stays on

Was it close? Hopefully this won't deter Jim from continuing with his contributions with Antrim and Ulster... after a fiver year stint he could come and make a bid again

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 04, 2017, 09:44:18 PM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on December 04, 2017, 09:37:09 PM
Collie stays on

Was it close? Hopefully this won't deter Jim from continuing with his contributions with Antrim and Ulster... after a fiver year stint he could come and make a bid again
I don't know..Was following on Twitter. Terry Reilly back in too.

aontroim

Neither vote was that close in the end despite the campaigning.

BrendanAntrim

The whole enterprise was ill advised and badly executed. Time to move on now. In fact last night's vote has strengthened the mandate of the Saffron Vision incumbents so that's a positive.

Na Glinntí Glasa

i never really spoke about the debate here as it was a club man of our own but personally speaking i believe it was the wrong time for any challenge. The current executive has only just got in and has had to basically deal with a list of previous disasters and no money. they have only started to get on their feet thanks to the help of a lot of people and fingers crossed they will keep this going.

heres hoping for 2018 to be a positive one both on and off the park for Antrim
hurl like f**k boi!