Brian McGuigans Bad Luck

Started by Quarterback, May 14, 2007, 09:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: rrhf on March 06, 2008, 05:18:25 PM
Regardless if we dont win another game this season, this makes it worth giving it a lash.  Lets fill Omagh for Brian.  Who gives a flute if they lose - they are all heroes.

I know I'll be there. I hope everyone will stand and clap when he takes to the pitch. Laois supporters too and even both teams. He deserves nothing less.
Testing Accessibility

mhacadoir

great to see such a talent back, and thats from an ardent armagh fan who has cursed him many times!

Tyrone Dreamer

Great news and will be great to see him back. If its next Saturday hopefully there'll be a much bigger turnout than the last home game and there's no doubt he'll get a great reception no matter how many is there. Suppose we'll not know to next week if him making a 5-10 minute appearance is realistic. His return could go a long way to turning round Tyrone's season.

Zapatista

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 06, 2008, 12:52:47 PM
With Brian on the verge of a comeback - i hope stevie o'neill looks at him as an example and overcomes his injury problems!

All of sudden things dont look that depressing!  ;D

ONe miricale at a time Benny ;)

Great news. He is quite a man.

mournerambler

Even though he had a major part to play in Down losing the 2003 Ulster Final(The Gregory McCartan incident), it is still good to see him overcome these injuries & getting back onto the playing field.

stew

I will be delighted to see Brian playing again, he is a wonderful gaelic footballer and shure a man cant help where he is reared.  :-\
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Great news, that'll be an introduction to the field of play to savour, and never a more welcome return to the jersey. Maith thú Brian.

Quote from: stew on March 06, 2008, 09:26:28 PM
...and shure a man cant help where he is reared.  :-\

That's right, we forgive you stew.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

tyroneman

Can any of the Clann na nGael lads confirm if SON did in fact re-injure himself / break down in training recently? I was down home last weekend and everyone I spoke to had a different version of events!

Fuzzman

Great news alright about Brian and I hope he takes it's easy and does not take too many risks in trying to be too keen.

From what I hear neither Stevie nor Dooher are anywhere near come backs so I think we'll have to battle on without them. Their recoveries are taking much longer than expected.

Personally I can't see Stephen coming back at all or at least not this year. 

ziggysego

Wouldn't it be great if TG4 televised this game? I'm sure a lot of people would want to see it.
Testing Accessibility

stpauls

if i didn't have a club fund raiser next saturday night i would probably go myself!
great to hear he has been given the all clear to return to football, been a long time coming!!
good luck Brian!

ziggysego

Logie confirmed tonight on UTV that Brian will play for some of the game next Saturday night.
Testing Accessibility

Lamh Dhearg Alba

I see on the BBC site that Brian made his return to action yesterday as second half sub for Ardboe :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/7280941.stm

orangeman

He did indeed make a return - great to see him back !

ziggysego

First game back and sets up a goal, you got to admire the man!  :)
Testing Accessibility