Vitriol and Hatred in the GAA....

Started by 5 Sams, July 09, 2013, 09:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

.....it doesn't exist. The photo of Galvin & O'Leary at the end of the Munster Final would do your heart good after the 2 hoors knocking 7 shades of shite out of each other. I know for a fact Darragh Sé and Whelan are buddies. The oul Dubs and the Kerry Golden years lads are still meeting up for Golf. No Keane/Haaland scenarios here. Or is there? Discuss?
The Aristocrat Years

Wildweasel74

Meath and Cork lads from the late 80`s - was so much bad blood between them that they barely would look at each other  if they pass on the street until John Kerins funeral

Jinxy

That Cork team were an ignorant bunch alright.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Ray Silke and the rest of Connacht would disagree with you, 5 Sams. If anyone knew what Sean Ban was nattering on about I'd guess I could add him to that list too.

Dont Matter

'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

All of a Sludden

I'd say Martin Sludden would be made feel very much at home if he ever popped in to the Lisdoo for a feed.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Jinxy

Is that fella with all the coats still looking for him?

theticklemister

Jinxy

Not as much as the Tyrone hoors hate other Tyrone hoors.

Bingo

We played a club league game against the neighbours from out the road. They've been up and down to Div 1 and it's always been tasty. Game was out in their place, a tight pitch. From the second the ball was thrown in it was a battle, serious hits going in, late tackles, off the ball stuff, one jersey was shredded, about a dozen booked and two saw red (both on two yellows, one each game). Two sets of first cousins played against one another, I was along line but could hear several arguments in the crowd. No one took a backward step and although it was tough, it was never false.

Ended a draw and at final whistle to a man the players shook hands, laughed and left it all in the field. Was totally enjoyable.

The next game is eagerly awaited and will be a firecracker waiting to explode!

armaghniac

I can't stand Down. Even if I was in Newry I'd never go to Lidl, who have thankfully now responded with a branch for Armagh people.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

thebandit

Quote from: Bingo on July 09, 2013, 11:38:49 PM
We played a club league game against the neighbours from out the road. They've been up and down to Div 1 and it's always been tasty. Game was out in their place, a tight pitch. From the second the ball was thrown in it was a battle, serious hits going in, late tackles, off the ball stuff, one jersey was shredded, about a dozen booked and two saw red (both on two yellows, one each game). Two sets of first cousins played against one another, I was along line but could hear several arguments in the crowd. No one took a backward step and although it was tough, it was never false.

Ended a draw and at final whistle to a man the players shook hands, laughed and left it all in the field. Was totally enjoyable.

The next game is eagerly awaited and will be a firecracker waiting to explode!

When we played them last year, we had 3 jerseys ripped!!

BennyCake

Quote from: armaghniac on July 09, 2013, 11:47:18 PM
I can't stand Down. Even if I was in Newry I'd never go to Lidl, who have thankfully now responded with a branch for Armagh people.

What's Lidl got to do, got to do with it?

You're going to have to explain that one.

armaghniac

QuoteWhat's Lidl got to do, got to do with it?

They should have put their shop on the respectable side of town, like those owned by the nice Mr Dunne and Mr Sainsbury.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Syferus

Quote from: BennyCake on July 10, 2013, 12:19:56 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 09, 2013, 11:47:18 PM

What's Lidl got to do, got to do with it?

You're going to have to explain that one.

Best chocolate donuts in Ireland. And lovely garlic naan bread too.