Best known player you've marked

Started by 5 Sams, December 12, 2008, 10:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Must have been another Rafferty then...  :)
Years of pub legend and folkspeak wiped away in one cruel blow.  I dont have a best player I marked then..  Was there any other Raffertys that played for Armagh I could pin my hopes on.   

Open yer eyes Man

Jez, sorry to ruin your illusions of having marked a county player   :(

youngfella

I marked winker watson - very briefly (5 mins) the bollocks scored or set up half a points.

When i was younger i used to try and mark CJ mc gourty, But i spend most game looking at his studs...
Pull hard and early

panc56

Trevor Giles , Eamon O'Hara & Paul Taylor

Yes I Would

Mostly Tyronies.
Had a few tussles with the late Cormac Mc Anallen.  
Conor Gormley was the stickiest hewer ive ever marked, but always found him fair. Ciaran Gourley would be of the same mould.

stpauls

as a keeper i cannot boast of such an honour!!  :'(

muppet

Played St Mary's in a friendly. Good first half, switched at half time onto a player who had caused us bother.

Never saw the ball again. That day I learned how much better than me a player could be.

Some one told me after his name was Canavan. I'd never heard of him.

He was so far ahead of me that day when I went to shake hands after the final whistle he was already halfway home.
MWWSI 2017

Baile an tuaigh

Brian Green Waterford
Colm Keough Wexford
Brian Geary Limerick
Nigel Shaughnesy Galway

Gunnergael

Marked Joe Brolly in a club game, gave a running commentary of the game the whole way thru, would ask you a question and before you gave him an answer he was away like a shot....cute heure.

brokencrossbar1

Francie Bellew, too often for my liking :-\

The Real Laoislad

I played soccer against and marked Henry Shefflin and also Ken O'Shea does that count?
Also I went to school with Joe Higgins and Tom Kelly so would have played with/against them in school many a time
You'll Never Walk Alone.

5 Sams

Quote from: 5 Sams on December 12, 2008, 10:43:20 PM
..right lads I've nicked this one of AFR....

Mickey Linden (and his brother Peter) and Wee James have tortured me in my time.

Marked Damien Cassidy in a McRory Cup Final and he only got a point....... :D

Sorrry I forgot to mention that Houlie made my head light in the Sigerson one year >:( >:( >:(
The Aristocrat Years

Open yer eyes Man

Quote from: hardstation on December 14, 2008, 12:09:52 AM
Yash Armstrong and at the ripe age of about 50, he roasted me.

And who was on the other end?  :o

Open yer eyes Man

Your roasting at the hands of Yash Armstrong and AN other.

I thought that this was the preserve of Premiership or NI footballers - I didn't realise that the Gaelic players in Antrim were already at this crack  ::)