Best known player you've marked

Started by 5 Sams, December 12, 2008, 10:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

..right lads I've nicked this one of AFR....

Mickey Linden (and his brother Peter) and Wee James have tortured me in my time.

Marked Damien Cassidy in a McRory Cup Final and he only got a point....... :D

The Aristocrat Years

orangeman

Quote from: 5 Sams on December 12, 2008, 10:43:20 PM
..right lads I've nicked this one of AFR....

Mickey Linden (and his brother Peter) and Wee James have tortured me in my time.

Marked Damien Cassidy in a McRory Cup Final and he only got a point....... :D

And how many goals ?  ;)

5 Sams

None...Spoofer beat us that day....hewer
The Aristocrat Years

orangeman

Quote from: 5 Sams on December 12, 2008, 10:51:11 PM
None...Spoofer beat us that day....hewer

They'd a right auld side back then.

Mike Sheehy

Maurice Fitzgerald......U16 or Minor County League..cant remember exactly. Long time ago now.

He was out of his league that day I tell yeh !

carribbear

the green man

orangeman

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on December 12, 2008, 11:55:16 PM
Maurice Fitzgerald......U16 or Minor County League..cant remember exactly. Long time ago now.

He was out of his league that day I tell yeh !

;) ;) ;D

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Marked Declan McCrossan in a Scottish Universties Semi-Final. More accurately he was supposed to be marking me but it didnt really work out that way.

Puckoon

Had the game of my life against the late great Cormac McAnallen for Omagh minors against Eglish. It was a wet summers evening and we lost by two points.

Oraisteach

T O Hare

I remember marking Sean Cavanagh in a Dalton game once.. to say our football careers went different directions would be an understatement :) :) ;D
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

screenexile

Marked a few of the 'greats' in my time. My particular favourite was as a lower 6th in St. Mary's Grammar School. We were out of the MacRory and had to play St. Pat's to make matters worse. I had Paddy Bradley that day... had the game of my life! In the first half I kept him to a solitary point from play and a penalty that was won by someone else. 1-1 the tally at half time. 2nd half I continued to nullify him from open play yet he scored a sideline from over 40 yards out and then somehow miskicked a free from 45m out that swerved and dipped and that our keeper could only punch into the net. He also scored another 3 handy enough frees that he didn't win and they beat us by a point. I've marked him a few times since then in the senior rankes but never have I played as well on him and he still scored 2-5! Disgusted!

In other news he best game of football I ever played was at FB againt Seamus Downey and I've also acquitted myself well against Enda Gormley and Ronan Rocks ;);. Admittedly they were past their prime but still they were big names that had to be stopped!

rrhf

Marked John Rafferty - Current Errigal manager in the McCauley Cup / or did he mark me and could have had a goal if that fecker Barry O Hagan could just pass the ball..

Open yer eyes Man

Quote from: rrhf on December 13, 2008, 09:27:57 AM
Marked John Rafferty - Current Errigal manager in the McCauley Cup / or did he mark me and could have had a goal if that fecker Barry O Hagan could just pass the ball..

Two things - is John Rafferty the current Errigal manager?  Has he left Slaughneil?

John Rafferty went to St Mary's and definately would not have been playng in the Mc Auley Cup (Queens past pupils competition).  Maybe it was a different McCauley Cup.