raising awareness or just wanting attention?

Started by The Iceman, October 20, 2015, 04:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

What's going on online these days? I see so many video's of "homeless experiments" people pretending to be homeless or people interacting with homeless people, highlighting how they are better people than the ones who walk past them on the street. Social experiments. What's your take on the ones that make these videos? Are they genuinely concerned about the homeless problem? Or just looking for some internet notoriety?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

AZOffaly

A little from column A and a little from column B.

brokencrossbar1

Was gonna say that AZ,  mostly though I think it is a lot of column B!

Puckoon

Do you watch them Iceman? Maybe I should but I tend to scroll on by any viral video, unless I see 5 or 6 people re-posting it then maybe it's worth a watch. EXCEPT FOR THAT DANCING SECURITY GUARD AT THE BASEBALL GAME. Tired of seeing that one!

The Iceman

I look at them sometimes. Mostly the social experiments to see why else I'm a horrible human being......

I can't stand the other video's that fat doll who rants and raves or your man Cian Tomey or the wee buck lip syncing. We are making celebrities out of bolloxes.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

foxcommander

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Puckoon on October 20, 2015, 04:45:26 PM
Do you watch them Iceman? Maybe I should but I tend to scroll on by any viral video, unless I see 5 or 6 people re-posting it then maybe it's worth a watch. EXCEPT FOR THAT DANCING SECURITY GUARD AT THE BASEBALL GAME. Tired of seeing that one!
Now come on you miserable hoor, you could watch him all day.

Tony Baloney

I know people who have done these charity 'Cycle China' or 'Hike Nepal' and they couldn't give a shit about the charity aspect of it.

From the Bunker

Used to work with a lad who at break would buy two cups of Coffee to take away in the local cafe. One for himself and one for a random homeless person on the way back to work. This was not a publicity gimmick, just a decent person doing a simple good willed gesture.

I have to admit I have often partaken in Charity events with little or no real heed on the Charity. Raised some decent cash and had a good time doing it! If that works, great, winners on both sides. We are not all hard line Humanists, so if the ones who are can rope us in with a gimmick and raise a bit of money well good luck to them.

I have to admit I'm not one for real charities, more for local fund raisers for local projects, for the community.

ThroughTheLaces

I remember one of my Facebook friends posting her "Random Act of Kindness" video online. I simple wrote under it what ever happened to just doing something nice for people without having to let the whole world see how much of a great person you are. As stated, a little from column A and a little from column B.
The apple never falls far from the tree.

BennyCake

I call it Narcissusbook. Look at meee! Look at meee! People today sicken my hole.

BennyCake

ONeill

Tenuous link but the cycling for charity annoys me. Sorta.

Cyclin is enjoyable. Why not run backwards for 8 miles in the snow, bare-chested. Not feckin cycling. Sure any hoor can cycle 200 miles. Just donate the £200 yerself.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

You could. Nice and easy. Down to Croke and back.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

TheOptimist

Don't get me started on this one.

Charity is supposed to be private.

One that really gets me is celebrity special quiz shows where the money goes to charity and win or lose the celebrity walks away with an appearance fee.