Media Sway - you can be whoever you want to be...

Started by The Iceman, June 12, 2015, 09:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

So in a time where Bruce Jenner is being celebrated for embracing his inner "woman" and being awarded for the courage to do something about it I found an interesting news item today up Washington State.
http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-33109866
Rachel Dolezal, a resident of Spokane, WA about 4 hours drive from here is the current NCAAP President of her local area. Except she isn't black. She has no African heritage whatsoever. She is a white girl of Swedish and German decent with some Native American ancestry who likes to slap on the fake tan and crimp her hair to look black. In essence she is embracing her inner black woman.

Now the response has been none too friendly in this part of the country. The same media who applauded Bruce Jenner for transforming into a "woman" is up in arms at Rachel Dolezal for going black.....

So how much of our reaction to anything these days is our own? And how much is based off of how the media want us to react?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

foxcommander

Ice - that is bloody hilarious.

Similarly in the UK they allow you to dress up as nearly anyone without causing offence.
Didn't Lenny Henry have some film years ago where he changed colour. Certainly didn't offend me.
The Wayans film "White Chicks" is played ad naseum on US TV.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/kick-it-out-calls-for-hartlepool-fans-to-be-refused-entry-at-carlisle-if-they-black-up-for-bob-marley-themed-away-day-1-7228118

At least the Hartlepool manager Keith Curle sees how dumb this ban was.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

The Iceman

She was fronting this black boy as her "son" when really it was her adopted little brother!!! My angelo, me and the black community. Hilarious!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

topcuppla

As long as you don't insult the gays, everyone else is fair game from what I can see.