Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

i was happy to give PJ the job, he wanted it bad and he talked himself up to get the job. Now hes there he has to do the job. Theres no point in blaming this or that each and every time things go wrong. The buck stops with him as the manager. Take the problems and work them out, find a solution not an excuse.

Im still happy to let him keep on going. Lets be honest we are not good enough to be promoted and we are at the league level we deserve to be at. The Christy Ring is now next up and we can regroup and have a go at that.

After that, well then ill decide if hes the man for the job. At the moment im 50/50.

As i said before, he did a lot of talking before he got the job and listed endless faults in our county set up. Very little has changed since that.
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 20, 2016, 08:11:09 PM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on March 20, 2016, 08:02:47 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 20, 2016, 07:51:48 PM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on March 20, 2016, 07:47:35 PM
What players are actually missing for Antrim? Is it really that many?

McManus & Graffin are unavailable so you can't count them.
Shorty is injured.
There was only 4 Cushendall players to join the panel in a couple of weeks.
Who else is out there?
the three you mentioned were are arguably three of the best in Ulster.
No doubting that.
Two of them won't be playing for Antrim this season. I wanted to know what players are to come back this season?
dont no what the story with shorty is,  am of the opinion there will be 5/6 Dall men called up.  Also there's been a few players removed in days gone by.  Wait to that gets out   :o

Shortys still going through his rehab training, hes a brave bit off hurling as of yet. Was chatting to him the other night in the gym and hes doing all the rehab training and working his way through it all. Be summer time before hes hurling again most likely.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 21, 2016, 09:29:04 AM
Jim Nelson Cup - St Galls V St Johns.
Any clarity on events MR2?

Seen the photos on clubs webpage and FB but no result!! I'm guessing with the Johnnies being the best team in Belfast that they won.. but great idea for a cup and I hope it gets bigger and better!!

certainly if run during the Feis cup period then it would facilitate the Belfast ones... I'll get the score later
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Dunloy realist on March 21, 2016, 09:58:58 AM

Shorty is injured.
Who else is out there?
No doubting that.
Two of them won't be playing for Antrim this season. I wanted to know what players are to come back this season?
dont no what the story with shorty is,  am of the opinion there will be 5/6 Dall men called up.  Also there's been a few players removed in days gone by.  Wait to that gets out   :o

Shortys still going through his rehab training, hes a brave bit off hurling as of yet. Was chatting to him the other night in the gym and hes doing all the rehab training and working his way through it all. Be summer time before hes hurling again most likely.

An op like that is a year before your back to where you should be
Can't see him even ready for club championship unfortunately
As for the PJ bashing I think we are being a bit harsh
There's some players in the panel not up to scratch and not committed
Another thing is a lot of them are very young
I attended all the matches when shorty and Mc Manus and hippy where that age and took 2 or 3 years to get up to county pace albeit against stiffer opposition

If you read PJ comments after these matches he isn't shying away from his role in all this
He is trying his best without some really good players
Let's not start being hypocritical and start berating him like some clowns on here did with KR

He is a bit blindsided about some of the players  he brought in and there effectiveness
Speaking of which did Liam watson travel to London as I didn't see him on the team

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

paddyjohn

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 21, 2016, 12:34:16 PM

Shorty is injured.
Who else is out there?
No doubting that.

I attended all the matches when shorty and Mc Manus and hippy where that age and took 2 or 3 years to get up to county pace albeit against stiffer opposition

If you read PJ comments after these matches he isn't shying away from his role in all this
Let's not start being hypocritical and start berating him like some clowns on here did with KR

He is a bit blindsided about some of the players  he brought in and there effectiveness
Speaking of which did Liam watson travel to London as I didn't see him on the team

He was listed as a sub..

nrico2006

Whats the craic with Watson, was he injured?  Why was he played at Centre Back the other week, is he not as effective up front anymore?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Sleeping giant

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 21, 2016, 12:34:16 PM

Shorty is injured.
Who else is out there?
No doubting that.

fair play   Decent post.  I believe even his ex club manager can't keep the man on the straight and narrow.  From what am hearing.  He's gone.  Along with another up and coming star.  May be wrong.  Time will tell
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Yeah lad for a first posts its poor. Private matters are that itself, private, and therefore not up for mention or discussion at all.

Talk about his hurling ability etc by all means
hurl like f**k boi!

NAG1

Quote from: johnneycool on March 21, 2016, 03:14:08 PM
guru,
    not sure what you're getting at, but that post is in bad taste and neither man mentioned deserves whatever perceived issues aired in such a way.

Be a good lad and remove ASAP.

Guru I still think your post correction is in total bad taste and I for one would ask you to take it down completely.

This is a hurling forum and while we all have our opinions and it can get heated we only want to discuss hurling issues.

If you want to contribute by all means, but why don't you take your post down reboot and start again.

hurlingguru

I am wondering why it's ok for SG to say the player is impossible to keep on the straight and narrow by PJ but I Shouldn't say it.

I still believe his magic has gone, though I would love to be proved wrong

Quote from: NAG1 on March 21, 2016, 05:44:36 PM
guru,
    not sure what you're getting at, but that post is in bad taste and neither man mentioned deserves whatever perceived issues aired in such a way.

Guru I still think your post correction is in total bad taste and I for one would ask you to take it down completely.

This is a hurling forum and while we all have our opinions and it can get heated we only want to discuss hurling issues.

If you want to contribute by all means, but why don't you take your post down reboot and start again.

NAG1

Quote from: hurlingguru on March 21, 2016, 05:51:33 PM
I am wondering why it's ok for SG to say the player is impossible to keep on the straight and narrow by PJ but I Shouldn't say it.

I still believe his magic has gone, though I would love to be proved wrong

Quote from: NAG1 on March 21, 2016, 05:44:36 PM
guru,

I would have thought that was pretty obvious coming from a man from his own club he has the right to comment.

You on the other hand have no right which I am pretty sure you are aware of, mentioning private matters on  a public forum.

If you want to talk hurling and his ability then take down your initial post and discuss him in hurling terms. No one has an issue with that but we as hurling people would have an issue with raising matters outside of this especially if they are of a private/ personal nature.

hurlingguru

I am also from the same club.

I took the post down when you requested me to do so, not sure why it's still visible on your page. If it's not gone soon, let me know and contact the moderator.

NAG1

Quote from: hurlingguru on March 21, 2016, 06:04:48 PM
I am also from the same club.

I took the post down when you requested me to do so, not sure why it's still visible on your page. If it's not gone soon, let me know and contact the moderator.

Fair enough

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 21, 2016, 12:21:54 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on March 21, 2016, 09:29:04 AM
Jim Nelson Cup - St Galls V St Johns.
Any clarity on events MR2?

Seen the photos on clubs webpage and FB but no result!! I'm guessing with the Johnnies being the best team in Belfast that they won.. but great idea for a cup and I hope it gets bigger and better!!

certainly if run during the Feis cup period then it would facilitate the Belfast ones... I'll get the score later

Seems we were winning by 2 before the johnnies got the game abandon !! That's an auld Sarsfields tactic  :o. So that makes us the best team in Belfast!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea