Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

That's a horrendous result - let's not pretend anything else.

But it doesn't bring into question the manager for 3 reasons;

1) we were not getting promoted anyway and we are not near the teams in the next division up so this result does not effect our league.
2) if I was a player on that team I would be looking squarely in the mirror not at management.
3) league it one previously mentioned - the aim is winning Christy ring. Judge management at the end of the year.

There's a been a number of posts questioning player commitment and accusations of drinking.
tgats incredible. If it's true then perhaps PJ might be given time to assemble people worthy of the jersey.

But as I said - today's result is horrendous. Let's not make any bones about that.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: MoChara on March 20, 2016, 07:23:16 PM
I'm still hopeful of this management, they're down some serious players beaten by an average of 6 each league game this year the talent waiting in the wings or waiting to come back from injury I think would be plenty to cover that, people will say we shouldn't be creeping past these teams even we had the players but wins breed confidence and confidence breeds form.
Christy Ring hopefully have a better and more accurate showing for us, or maybe I'm just a bit too much of an optimist
hopefully.  Tho I'd say not to many on here hope the same.  The que round the block is growing for the head of the ex lougjhiel manager.   Wonder would it be the same had say maybe patch mullan got the job and wasn't being intantly successful.  Or say a dalargy from Cdall??  The club hatred is shocking got.  When it's got to this stage.  Worst I've ever seen. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 20, 2016, 07:38:32 PM
That's a horrendous result - let's not pretend anything else.

But it doesn't bring into question the manager for 3 reasons;

1) we were not getting promoted anyway and we are not near the teams in the next division up so this result does not effect our league.
2) if I was a player on that team I would be looking squarely in the mirror not at management.
3) league it one previously mentioned - the aim is winning Christy ring. Judge management at the end of the year.

There's a been a number of posts questioning player commitment and accusations of drinking.
tgats incredible. If it's true then perhaps PJ might be given time to assemble people worthy of the jersey.

But as I said - today's result is horrendous. Let's not make any bones about that.
+1

Two Hands FFS

What players are actually missing for Antrim? Is it really that many?

McManus & Graffin are unavailable so you can't count them.
Shorty is injured.
There was only 4 Cushendall players to join the panel in a couple of weeks.
Who else is out there?

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on March 20, 2016, 07:47:35 PM

Shorty is injured.
Who else is out there?
the three you mentioned were are arguably three of the best in Ulster.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 20, 2016, 07:51:48 PM

Shorty is injured.
Who else is out there?
No doubting that.
Two of them won't be playing for Antrim this season. I wanted to know what players are to come back this season?

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on March 20, 2016, 08:02:47 PM

Shorty is injured.
Who else is out there?
No doubting that.
Two of them won't be playing for Antrim this season. I wanted to know what players are to come back this season?
dont no what the story with shorty is,  am of the opinion there will be 5/6 Dall men called up.  Also there's been a few players removed in days gone by.  Wait to that gets out   :o

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 20, 2016, 08:11:09 PM

Shorty is injured.
Who else is out there?
No doubting that.
dont no what the story with shorty is,  am of the opinion there will be 5/6 Dall men called up.  Also there's been a few players removed in days gone by.  Wait to that gets out   :o
Ah jaysus. Batten down the hatches.  :-X
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Saffrongael

Yeah PJ is only into the job but nobody was expecting him to win the All Ireland this year (impossible I know) but being competitive against Westmeath/ Carlow and being able to beat London isn't too much of an ask.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 20, 2016, 08:11:09 PM

Shorty is injured.
Who else is out there?
No doubting that.
:-\  :-\

Genuinely just wanted to know what players were to return to the squad to help things!!

paddyjohn

I spoke to a few dall men on Thursday in Quinns & they said that Eoin Campbell, McCambridge, Carson, Paddy Burke & 1 maybe 2 more were going to the county.

When I saw the team that was picked for today, I knew we'd struggle. Lets not get carried away here, we got beat by London in a dead rubber game. We get rid of the 5/6 lads who are going get the Dall lads on and build from there for the Christy Ring. I think somebody made the point a few posts backs the inter club hatred which happens is not healthy, it's about time our senior hurlers put that to one side and play for the manager and the county jersey. If the rumours of drinking during the week are correct, then those lads should be hunted from the set up.

theskull1

One thing KR tried to do was get the discipline nailed down. Things seemed to have slipped in that regard.

Important to remember it was Paddys day midweek so is it the worst offense in the world having a few jars when you've a dead rubber game coming up? I'm not so sure  :-\

I think we're at our level and do not expect the dall lads to change things that much. I'd pull the plug and spend the money on dev squads

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

bannside

Kevin Ryan got extremely bad manners on here. Totally unjustified I thought at the time. Nothing has happened since to make me rethink.

Biggest loss of all - Jim Nelson RIP.

btdtgtt

If KR got disciple right that doesn't say much for the resting his ability given results?

I'm split 50/50 about the beer on st Patrick's day - maybe in the context of a dead rubber - I suppose like I say we'll judge that at the end of the year.

No arguments on Jim all the same - a gent and great hurling man.

btdtgtt

Jim Nelson Cup - St Galls V St Johns.
Any clarity on events MR2?