Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 21, 2020, 02:29:45 PM
looks like we will be missing a few lads this weekend with positive covid cases plus ones having to isolate potentially. Was always going to happen at this stage of the year and the number of case rising all the time.

Cases?

Na Glinntí Glasa

3 positive so far that I've heard about. Not naming anyone as that sort of stuff is private but it seems as if all the players are getting tested now as precaution.

it can be handled and maintained but its a reality check of where we all are at the moment. Hopefully everyone is ok first and foremost.
hurl like f**k boi!

NAG1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 21, 2020, 03:13:26 PM
3 positive so far that I've heard about. Not naming anyone as that sort of stuff is private but it seems as if all the players are getting tested now as precaution.

it can be handled and maintained but its a reality check of where we all are at the moment. Hopefully everyone is ok first and foremost.

Of course.

I was just aware of the one case, that is why I enquired.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Hopefully we dont have anymore cases in the panel.

I think we have done very well in Antrim overall with how things have been handled.

despite the negative news and pure bile and hatred directed towards the GAA this past few weeks our clubs have handled things brilliantly. I only know of a few cases within clubs so have go a full season played off and next to no disruption is a testament to our vols.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Didn't see the game last night, just the result and report on Saffron Gael, The Dubs at this level for last few years have been tough enough. Physically stronger and fitter it would seem by the reports.. Fair play to the players and management to actually attempt to get this going when everything around them was falling apart..

Would like to see Tosh, Karl and McFaul stay on and be better organised next year, that's providing we can play!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

5 Antrim hurlers with Covid, 1 self isolating & 1 backroom team positive
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

ciaran1988

How many of the 6 would be starters? It's a big blow but we have a strong panel hopefully lads can grind out a result

BrendanAntrim

Its a blow alright. Remember Westmeath beating us in Dunloy last summer? Jeez they were mountains of men.

imtommygunn

Tbh whatever happens last Sunday was massive and really the key objective for us. Anything else from now on is a bonus. Westmeath on the last few years form are 5-10 points better than us so be interesting to see if we have improved.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: ciaran1988 on October 22, 2020, 05:19:22 PM
How many of the 6 would be starters? It's a big blow but we have a strong panel hopefully lads can grind out a result

all 5 would be.

Its a bit of a blow but sure it is what it is. its the times were living in so we have to just work with it now.

Hopefully everyone is ok
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Antrim are ripping it up against Westmeath! Clarke is playing a blinder!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

He has that ability on his day. Looking good so far.

If we win this it's a great win.

Milltown Row2

Considering last years results against same team.. 35 to go and at this rate we'll hopefully win with a few to spare..

Nothing silly no sending offs and take your points!

McCann having a great game too

marty34

Gleeson said in paper on Friday I think, that he was very happy with panel and he wasn't taking any of the U20's in (they played on Wed evening in Louth) and he was trusting his panel.

He said that lads who were waiting patiently, wanting a start, would have their chance and it would be up to them to produce the goods.

Great management by him I think, while at the same time developing the full panel.

bannside

Great result. Hard work paying off.