Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macca123

As expected a win without much trouble, nothing too glamorous but it wasn't needed at this stage. Thought Sparky was very good in the first half, not so much the second, but the likes of McCurry etc who came on did very well in getting scores as well.
On the note of Matty Donnelly , he had a very quiet game and seemed to punch Chrissy McKaigue for no real reason???? Seems to have a  lot of anger. Strange.

driveherin

I'd say Mickey will be planning without him V Donegal.....

Knock Yer Mucker In

Ask yourself a question, what has Matty contributed this season since the league started, in my view zero, so how is he still an automatic, a game on the bench would give him an inch in his step the next time he started

tothetop03

Never out of 2nd gear Yesterday...Derry where pathetic.... need to be 5th gear next day out as we already know....nothing learned yesterday at all....bring it on in 3 weeks to see where we are....

BennyHarp

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on May 29, 2017, 11:53:54 AM
Ask yourself a question, what has Matty contributed this season since the league started, in my view zero, so how is he still an automatic, a game on the bench would give him an inch in his step the next time he started

If nothing else he occupied Derry's best player yesterday. Derry wouldn't have won that game in a million years but by tying up the only guy who has the ability to drive them forward, they seriously weakened the very few options that they had available. Matty has become a big enough player to command that sort of respect from the opposition. My fear is that if a Lee Keegan starts his games with him, Matty is likely to get himself sent off!
That was never a square ball!!

Hotrocks

Couldn't agree more. For me he slows the game down aswell.

skeog

Never a red a little slap to  the gob

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 29, 2017, 11:59:09 AM

If nothing else he occupied Derry's best player yesterday. Derry wouldn't have won that game in a million years but by tying up the only guy who has the ability to drive them forward, they seriously weakened the very few options that they had available. Matty has become a big enough player to command that sort of respect from the opposition. My fear is that if a Lee Keegan starts his games with him, Matty is likely to get himself sent off!

+1

Il Bomber Destro

What would we like to see against Donegal, chaps.

I would go with something along the following:

1. Morgan
2. McCrory
3. McNamee
4. McCarron
5. McCann
6. Justy
7. Brennan
8. C Cavanagh
9. McClure
10. Donnelly
11. Sludden
12. Harte
13. McCurry
14. Cavanagh
15. Bradley

Bit harsh on Conall McCann as he did quite well there yesterday but I think we need someone with a bit more aggression round there and though McClure did really well when introduced, made a great catch in the middle of the park and scored a nice point too. Think he'll throw his weight around a bit more than McCann and is a very good fielder.

I'd start McCurry after that brief cameo, he looked very confident and sharp. Thought McCrory had a very good game whereas Hampsey seemed a little loose so I would give McCrory the corner back slot. Justy and McCarron will likely share the Murphy man markin duties between them, Justy following him out the field and McCarron picking him up inside.  Rory Brennan will certainly man mark Ryan McHugh.

Donnelly of course could be suspended for this one now.

Club boi

Mc Curry too hot an cold for my liking. Hit a great score yes but 65minutes on the clock an the game well and truly over. Shown before to miss them opportunities when its needed in a drawn game or a point down with 2 minutes to play

skeog

Conal Mc Cann certain starter next day.

Scoring Zone

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 29, 2017, 06:52:12 PM
What would we like to see against Donegal, chaps.

I would go with something along the following:

1. Morgan
2. McCrory
3. McNamee
4. McCarron
5. McCann
6. Justy
7. Brennan
8. C Cavanagh
9. McClure
10. Donnelly
11. Sludden
12. Harte
13. McCurry
14. Cavanagh
15. Bradley

Bit harsh on Conall McCann as he did quite well there yesterday but I think we need someone with a bit more aggression round there and though McClure did really well when introduced, made a great catch in the middle of the park and scored a nice point too. Think he'll throw his weight around a bit more than McCann and is a very good fielder.

I'd start McCurry after that brief cameo, he looked very confident and sharp. Thought McCrory had a very good game whereas Hampsey seemed a little loose so I would give McCrory the corner back slot. Justy and McCarron will likely share the Murphy man markin duties between them, Justy following him out the field and McCarron picking him up inside.  Rory Brennan will certainly man mark Ryan McHugh.

Donnelly of course could be suspended for this one now.

Agree with a lot of this, think the mccann start was a wee sweetner after threatening to leave a while ago, can't see him starting over McClure who has the size, athleticism and power over him and is more of what tyrone need against the top teams, and all Donnelly had to do was jog about for half an hour to get the game out of the road, instead he is showing the country/clubs that he will react, this incident and the O'Shea slap in the league both of which had no bearing in the respective games is a waste of time and will (hopefully not) count against him long term

tothetop03

Am i right in saying Tyrone minors have won one minor championship game in 4 years?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Club boi on May 29, 2017, 07:59:16 PM
Mc Curry too hot an cold for my liking. Hit a great score yes but 65minutes on the clock an the game well and truly over. Shown before to miss them opportunities when its needed in a drawn game or a point down with 2 minutes to play

McCurry is an enigma, I do think he has the ingredients to be top drawer - however relevant or irrelevant it is, he will probably surpass Canavan in the years as Tyrone's all time leading scorer but he's infuriatingly inconsistent. He's 24 now so needs to start delivering the goods on a consistent basis. He's a player who you can tell how it's going to go for him in the first 15 minutes.

To beat Donegal we need a big peformance out of  McCurry, Bradley or Brennan. Bradley started off well yesterday but became peripheral as the game went on and was hooked fairly shortly after a really poor wide off his right. Brennan did well after coming on but I think he's probably the weakest of the three when it comes to winning his own ball, not sure how he'd far against the likes of McGee or McGrath. McCurry was very sharp and confident after coming on so will hopefully start.

delgany

Sean Cavanagh is done' - Joe Brolly highlights the problems with Mickey Harte's Tyrone

Tyrone may have trotted to victory with familiar ease in Celtic Park yesterday, but Joe Brolly has dismissed them as "no great shakes".

Not only that but he is adamant that their most celebrated player of the last decade is finished. At 34, Sean Cavanagh is entering the twilight of his career. There was wide speculation he would call it quits after being shackled by Lee Keegan in last year's quarter-final.

Speaking on Independent.ie's The Throw-In podcast, Brolly said Cavanagh is far from the player who used to decorate the championship.

"Sean Cavanagh's done. For all the talk about his leadership, I mean he kicked frees. He wasn't an influence beyond that. I think he's done. We saw that in Croke Park last year when Lee Keegan took him to the cleaners. He was a great player but he's in his last year now and can't possibly perform the way he used to perform."