Next Laois football manager

Started by SCFC, July 27, 2017, 08:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unlaoised

I was at five league games and all the championship games ..

Laois were not fit this year ...End of story...I don't care what the players say...I know we have a few the wrong side of 30 and a few with miles on the clock but they were blowing out of their arses more times this year in the first half in games it wasn't even funny.

We lost big leads to Sligo and died in other games including offaly this seemed to blamed on disipline but in truth one man shouldn't make a massive difference.

The same against Clare in the last game they were running at us in droves and O'Loughlin getting sent off didn't change that.

Wicklow late on we nearly the the game go...Wicklow in all fairness.

Creedon might be a nice man and have a top team in place which the players liked but that top team didn't get the best or even 3/4 of the best out of some of our players in my opinion .

He was backed into a corner a bit from delegates rash statements about drinking etc but maybe its for the best he went.

LAOIS ABÚ

town1980

blueandwhite1

I wouldn't dispute that we weren't sufficiently fit this year however all the fitness in the world won't make slow guys fast.

For most of the league and all of the championship we could not handle pace. Longford troubled us with pace, Kildare and Clare destroyed us for pace. We couldn't keep up with them without fouling them and we couldn't get away from them when we had the ball. I believe that if we were the fittest team in the country this year it would have made very little difference to our fortunes.

The Monument Road

Quote from: town1980 on August 02, 2017, 11:25:45 AM
time for nominations
. Nominations are futile as IMO the next manager has already been decided upon. It will be interesting to see what club nominates the Ex Louth football manager.

portlaoisekid

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: portlaoisekid on August 02, 2017, 01:17:59 PM
Who is that?

Colin Kelly steps down as Louth manager following Longford defeat

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Unison

Kelly?  Someone on this forum else said that Mick Dempsey was the next manager. I think there is a bit of kite flying going on here.

Having made repeated disastrous appointments in the past, surely the CB are doing to consult before they make another bad decision.

town1980

lets hope gerry leaves us with some form of legacy because he hasnt been great at the top job

Unlaoised

Colm Kelly is a strong rumour doing the rounds...Story is he is mad for the Job...
LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

Stability is what's needed no another fly by manager.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Unlaoised on August 02, 2017, 04:35:45 PM
Colm Kelly is a strong rumour doing the rounds...Story is he is mad for the Job...
Is it Colm Kelly from St. Joseph's or Colin Kelly, former Louth manager you mean?
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

town1980

colm kelly my arse ,his love of laois thats why he wants the job,local man young and energetic  save money in process thats way forward

Unison

Andy06

I heard the Colin Kelly story myself, that the job is pretty much his. Not really sure what to make of it though. I'd be doubtful of the rumour on the basis I hadn't heard anything about interviews taking place.