Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on April 13, 2021, 10:41:56 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on April 13, 2021, 03:27:40 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on April 12, 2021, 11:10:37 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on April 12, 2021, 10:41:05 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on April 12, 2021, 05:47:29 PM
Aye, and what did governments do to help me, you and the rest of society? F**ked about, letting thousands in and out early days, and the virus out of control. Thousands of needless deaths, everyone of them, the blame lies at politicians doors.

There should be no need for any of us to take this vaccine because the virus should, have been kept out. NZ and Australia have it under control, as well as lots of other island nations. New Zealander's are able to live their lives because their leaders did the right things.  But because the useless w**kers on this island f**ked about, now it's all up to everyone of us to do what's right for society? You can f**k right off.
So just because the politicians fucked up their response to the virus taking hold in 2020 (which they did), we should punish them for their incompetence by refusing to take an effective vaccine from them in 2021?

Yeah, that'll teach 'em!  ::)

I didn't say that. We shouldn't be in this position. If they'd handled it like NZ/Aus, we wouldn't even need to take any vaccine.

And only time will tell if it's an effective vaccine.
Israel already shows how effective vaccines are.

All countries need a good percentage of its population vaccinated before they get back to the 2019 normality and it would be a very different story for NZ/Aus if they were located in Europe.

Israel? Yes, because none of us doubts what is spewed from thon place.

A good percentage of the population. So that would be what? 85 percent? 90? Let's say that achieved herd immunity or whatever the term is.

Ok let's take that logic. Say Ireland has 6 million people. 5.9 million get vaccinated. 100,000 chose not to/can't get it. Surely the 5.9m protects the 100k? The same with measles, polio jabs etc?

Yeah thats the way herd immunity works (apparently) So you can be one of the 100,000 who choses not to. you can still not take it and any other vaccine that is out there.

While you are at it. no need to take paracetamol (Those we have tell us that paracetamol use is associated with increased rates of death, heart attack, stomach bleeding and kidney failure. Paracetamol is known to cause liver failure in overdose, but it also causes liver failure in people taking standard doses for pain relief.)

ibuprofen (Ibuprofen changes your body's production of prostaglandins. This change can lead to an imbalance in your body fluid pressure, which can decrease your kidney function and increase your blood pressure. Symptoms of decreased kidney function include: increased blood pressure.)

Are you willing to take no medication going forward? Or have you taken any of the above?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: BennyCake on April 13, 2021, 10:41:56 AM
Ok let's take that logic. Say Ireland has 6 million people. 5.9 million get vaccinated. 100,000 chose not to/can't get it. Surely the 5.9m protects the 100k? The same with measles, polio jabs etc?

At present there are no children vaccinated, so we not going to get anywhere near those sort of levels to provide herd immunity. Now vaccines for children may be approved in the summer and perhaps they can be vaccinated in the autumn.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 13, 2021, 10:00:53 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on April 13, 2021, 09:46:10 AM
Quote from: Evil Genius on April 13, 2021, 12:05:43 AM
Quote from: Evil Genius on April 12, 2021, 10:41:05 PM
So just because the politicians fucked up their response to the virus taking hold in 2020 (which they did), we should punish them for their incompetence by refusing to take an effective vaccine from them in 2021?

Yeah, that'll teach 'em!  ::)

I didn't say that. We shouldn't be in this position. If they'd handled it like NZ/Aus, we wouldn't even need to take any vaccine.
It's like the old story of the American tourist who got lost in Ireland, so was forced to ask a local for directions.

Tourist: "How do I get to Ballygosomewhere?"

Local: "Well if I were you, Sir, I wouldn't be starting from here"

And only time will tell if it's an effective vaccine.
How much feckin time do you need?

The UK had the 1st Wave as bad as anywhere in the world last year, worse than most in fact.

Then it had an even worse 2nd Wave over the winter.

Yet now, when continental Europe and much of the rest of the world is struggling with a serious 3rd Wave after a fairly good 2020, it has yet to take hold in the UK. Indeed to the contrary, the number of UK transmissions, hospitalisations and deaths are dropping by the day.

For example, France reported 8.5k new cases and 385 new deaths for 12 April.

While the UK had 3.5k new cases and 13* deaths.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus//country/france/
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274

For which there is one reason, and one reason only, why that should be so: i.e. our vaccination programme is miles ahead of those other places.

* - Since numbers are sometimes under-reported after a weekend, that figure may subsequently be revised upwards, but likely not by many.

Things only opened up yesterday in Britain. And here will be opening up over the next few days/week's. Schools aren't long back, so we're yet to see if these vaccines are really working.

Only 3.5k? Is that all? NZ had 0. That's right, zero.

You are a 1000% right we don't know if the vaccine is the silver bullet.. We are fucked if it's not... Plan b will hopefully be close the borders properly like NZ otherwise we face the continual lockdowns.

Oh I don't want the government changing their goal posts as much as the next guy, we can't get zero covid, that's impossible. lower hospital admissions and deaths related to covid should be the target to allow us up and running.
If the vaccine isn't gonna fix this- we'll just have to let it rip. People won't take much more of this.

Milltown Row2

I don't think letting it rip will actually solve anything if the 'at risk' die, and the hospitals are over run and other medical emergencies are held up because there are no ICU, or do you just want to keep the ICU or ordinary illnesses and those with the Covid can slide off?

As I said, we'd need to contain it on our land and close the borders. Your system is a little flawed if I'm honest
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GetOverTheBar

We need Sid and Angelo back. This thread has become one of discussion, fact and opinion.

Not what I signed up for.

imtommygunn

It'll be interesting to see what they announce on thursday. Speculation is outside pubs, gyms, hairdressers and stuff like that. I'm not sure on cafes / restaurants but it would be nice to see them opening again.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 14, 2021, 11:50:43 AM
We need Sid and Angelo back. This thread has become one of discussion, fact and opinion.

Not what I signed up for.

f**k it bring back Seaney and his mad attempts to reason with, then when he did get barred his last miserable attack before he got dumped again was too funny

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 14, 2021, 11:53:58 AM
It'll be interesting to see what they announce on thursday. Speculation is outside pubs, gyms, hairdressers and stuff like that. I'm not sure on cafes / restaurants but it would be nice to see them opening again.

I'm at a loss with the gyms, personally and working out the differences between being in a gym and being in my friends house?

I'm a thousand percent sure I'll be more at risk in a gym working out than I would be in my mates house having a bite to eat!

imtommygunn

Are you allowed in your friend's house yet? I didn't think you were allowed in anything other than a garden?

Yeah I think gyms should have been open a long time ago tbh. The vast majority of gyms , from what I am led to believe, have been very vigilant with hygiene etc.

GetOverTheBar

I've been reading things like they want to hold off on gyms being reopened due to risk involved.

I think after the riots in Belfast, they might just push and get a few more things open...try and buy a bit of peace. Give them something else to be at.

imtommygunn

I think they did youth clubs on the back of that didn't they?

Ai it is time to get some stuff going. I see some gyms have outside areas and are doing smaller classes there so at least that is something.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 14, 2021, 12:11:32 PM
I think they did youth clubs on the back of that didn't they?

Ai it is time to get some stuff going. I see some gyms have outside areas and are doing smaller classes there so at least that is something.

Opened up football pitches and youth clubs to get them off the streets.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 14, 2021, 12:00:24 PM
Are you allowed in your friend's house yet? I didn't think you were allowed in anything other than a garden?

Yeah I think gyms should have been open a long time ago tbh. The vast majority of gyms , from what I am led to believe, have been very vigilant with hygiene etc.

What I meant with that was, Why can't I sit in a friends house but can go to the gym?  I personally think the gym has more chances of spreading than a large living room with the windows open!

Louther

After a bad news day yesterday on the vaccines, some positive news today with Pfizer able to ship 55m in Qtr2 to EU and ROI will receive 550,000 of these.

Will need to see a massive push over next few weeks to play catch up as this weeks figures will be well off target.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 14, 2021, 12:57:11 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 14, 2021, 12:00:24 PM

What I meant with that was, Why can't I sit in a friends house but can go to the gym?  I personally think the gym has more chances of spreading than a large living room with the windows open!

Most gyms in this weather now will be open door / window anyway. The winter is over.

I read somewhere earlier on, Chlorine eliminates Covid.....you would wonder why swimming pools aren't a go already then.