Kildare manager 2016

Started by Donnellys Hollow, September 03, 2013, 10:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Ha! Sure we'll take all 3 plus James Horan to round off the team.

If it was still the 90s I think Jack would be top of my list.

Realistically self-inflicted financial constraints will mean a local appointment, which might even rule out my choice Xian O'Neill. I would be content with Glenn Ryan or Brian Murphy as manager.

What Kildare do need is a strategic plan for the next 3,5 and 10 years, a white paper :)
#newbridgeornowhere

macdanger2

Would it be fair to say that Kildare beating Cork was a bigger "scalp" than McGeeney ever took in the championship?

Not that I'm saying Ryan should be kept or anything but after beating Cork he surely thought he was safe for another year

AZOffaly

Cian O'Neill would be a great fit in Tipperary.

heffo

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 28, 2015, 09:21:29 AM
Would it be fair to say that Kildare beating Cork was a bigger "scalp" than McGeeney ever took in the championship?

Definitely

Dinny Breen

Quote from: heffo on August 28, 2015, 09:34:08 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 28, 2015, 09:21:29 AM

Definitely

No argument, it's just the small things of 2 relegations and 2 of the biggest championship defeats in history.
#newbridgeornowhere

Teo Lurley

7 goals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D We don't have a lot to smile about but the thoughts of that always brings a smile to my face.

Ohtoohtobe

Quote from: Teo Lurley on August 28, 2015, 11:26:12 AM
7 goals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D We don't have a lot to smile about but the thoughts of that always brings a smile to my face.

Thirteen is a number that makes me laugh. That's the smallest margin ye've lost to us by the last three times we've been drawn together in championship. Forty-three is another good one. You get that when you add up the margin from those three games.

INDIANA

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 28, 2015, 07:41:27 AM
Ha! Sure we'll take all 3 plus James Horan to round off the team.

If it was still the 90s I think Jack would be top of my list.

Realistically self-inflicted financial constraints will mean a local appointment, which might even rule out my choice Xian O'Neill. I would be content with Glenn Ryan or Brian Murphy as manager.

What Kildare do need is a strategic plan for the next 3,5 and 10 years, a white paper :)

One of them anyway will put you in the poor house. I won't say which of the three!

Dinny Breen

Looks like the new manager might have Kevin Feeley available, he's terminated his Newport County contract. Would be a nice bonus for any new manager. He was a quality minor!
#newbridgeornowhere

LilySavage

Hewas a quality u21 and senior club player as well. He'll be playing for his club on Sunday.

Donnellys Hollow

It's good to hear of a player coming home rather than leaving. It makes a nice change from recent months.

It's three or four years since Kevin has played football on a regular basis so he has missed out on a lot of development. It will be interesting to see how he goes in the remainder of the club championship anyway.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

The Aristocrat

Some very good players coming through for Kildare, doing well at U-21, minor etc, anyone available from that circuit?

mrhardyannual

Stick with one of your own. Who fore-saw what James Horan did in Mayo or Jim McGuinness in Donegal. Knowledge of players, faults a d strengths of structures etc is vital.

Dinny Breen

Next Kildare Manager
Sunday 13th September 2015, 14:00
Outright Betting    
Hide
Glen Ryan
1/2

James Horan
20/1

Tommy Carr
25/1
Cian O'Neill
9/4

Jack Cooney
20/1

Brendan Hackett
33/1
John Evans
16/1

Dermot Earley
20/1

Larry Tompkins
33/1
Brian Murphy
16/1

Sean Dempsey
20/1

Niall Carew
33/1
Kevin McStay
16/1

Tom Cribbin
20/1

Pat Gilroy
50/1
Jack O'Connor
16/1

Anthony Rainbow
25/1

Kieran McGeeney
50/1
Ronan Quinn
16/1

Emmet McDonnell
25/1

Luke Dempsey
50/1
Paschal Kellaghan
16/1

Justin McNulty
25/1

Ronan Sweeney
50/1
Paul Curran
16/1

#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Interesting that Cian O'Neill is short there. Is there rumours you might get your man?