Kildare manager 2016

Started by Donnellys Hollow, September 03, 2013, 10:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: heffo on September 07, 2013, 03:14:20 PM
It seems very ham fisted by the KCB that they lost the vote on such a margin, especially when some officers voted against the motion - did they really want to win it?

Whether McGeeney should've been reappointed is a funny one imo. The majority of Kildare people seem to want him retained, the players clearly did but his perceived running of Kildare GAA seems to have gone against him by some clubs.

Undoubtedly as a whole he did a good job over his term but has he raised expectations to such a level that the stakeholders involved wanted him to take Kildare to the next level? Did many Hurling clubs vote against him after the SJ farce?

Do the KCB want a cheap internal 'yes' man who'll do as he's told on a much smaller budget?

Please Heffo, this is a serious discussion.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hound

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 07, 2013, 04:00:46 PM
The breakdown of the votes suggests that player availability was a big sticking point for the clubs. 11 of the 16 senior clubs voted against. Of the Kildare team that played in the last championship match only four of the clubs represented - Allenwood, Carbury, Johnstownbridge and Naas voted for the motion.
That's a ridiculous reason to sack a manager, so I wonder if its a red herring.

Surely, its up to the clubs, through the county board, to agree in advance with the manager what the rule is re player availability (i.e. 7 day rule, 10 day rule, 14 day rule or whatever they agree). The manager either agrees with this and carries on or says he can't work with those rules and resigns, leaving the county board to find someone who is willing to work within those rules.

muppet

Quote from: Hound on September 18, 2013, 12:06:04 PM
The breakdown of the votes suggests that player availability was a big sticking point for the clubs. 11 of the 16 senior clubs voted against. Of the Kildare team that played in the last championship match only four of the clubs represented - Allenwood, Carbury, Johnstownbridge and Naas voted for the motion.

Surely, its up to the clubs, through the county board, to agree in advance with the manager what the rule is re player availability (i.e. 7 day rule, 10 day rule, 14 day rule or whatever they agree). The manager either agrees with this and carries on or says he can't work with those rules and resigns, leaving the county board to find someone who is willing to work within those rules.

Seems daft alright.
MWWSI 2017

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Hound on September 18, 2013, 12:06:04 PM

That would have been the ideal situation but unfortunately in Kildare the county manager basically ran the show and the county executive simply ignored the grumblings of the clubs. Our last county chairman resigned over the situation and very little was done in the two and a half years since:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/ashe-quits-kildare-post-26709997.html

County players were made available for club league games on certain Sundays but there was often some controversy over this when Kildare would have trained on the Saturday and the Sunday morning:

http://www.kildare-nationalist.ie/2013/04/29/moores-start-without-county-men-after-hectic-week-with-kildare/

An unworkable situation and one that the county board are culpable for. It comes as no surprise because they're the same crowd that allowed the county's finances to spiral out of control and buried their heads in the sand during the Johnston transfer last year.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

Statement from Mr McGeeney just released.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

In order to draw a line under the last few weeks I feel it is in the best interests of Kildare football to release a statement so everybody can move on and get things in place for next year.

I would like to thank everybody who has helped me over the last few years.

A special thanks to all the people who have worked tirelessly  in the back ground especially Julie Davis, Hugh Campbell, Tom Murphy, Danno Keely and Morgan O'Callaghan. To those that stood on the sideline with me, Jason, Damien, Niall, John, Aidan and Paul, I have learned so much from all your input as have the players with whom you worked. To the medical staff , Danny, Noel and David who have worked so hard to keep the players on the pitch and in a healthy frame of mind I thank you for all your hard work. Thank you to all.

A special mention for all the people in Club Kildare, especially Pat, Dermot and June, who put in so many hours behind the scenes .They raised  valuable funds in such a difficult economic time. Your help will never be forgotten by the players or the management.

To the supporters it has been an absolute pleasure to be part of this journey over the last six years. Thank you for all your support both in the good days and the bad, your passion for football has  been matched  only by your generosity and kindness towards the whole Kildare county set up.  To the clubs I would like to say thanks for all your support and your work in developing the young (and not so young )players so that they were in a position  to line out for their county and proudly represent their clubs.

Finally, I want to emphasise to all the players that it has been an honour to stand beside you and to work with you. Although we never got the silver ware we hoped for I know that it was not for the lack of effort or desire. There has been a lot of changes over the last twelve months and I really believe with the emergence of new talent alongside the experience and ability that exists in the squad means its only a matter of time before Kildare achieve what they have been working towards.

Ní neart go cur le chéile

Kieran Mc Geeney
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Not much to add that so line drawn and time to move on.
#newbridgeornowhere

heffo

Dinny Breen

Indeed. Feck it, may change my avatar now.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

It's just been pointed out to me, no thanks to the County Board. Very significant and pretty much allies to what DH was saying earlier.
#newbridgeornowhere

muppet

MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

Where are the traditional opening words of any speech made by Mc Geeney to the masses?

"Stand back,stand back...you're hurting the ones at the front!"

Rossfan

A dignified exit as would be expected from the man.
I presume Kildare will now end up in the same mess as we did a couple of years ago.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Donnellys Hollow

A very dignified exit.

He will be a better manager for his time in Kildare.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

spuds

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 19, 2013, 11:28:29 AM
A very dignified exit.

He will be a better manager for his time in Kildare.
His first management gig I think.

He thanked everyone but the county board.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard